is it wrong

• Birds18 wrote:

Adrian Kelley wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Birds18 wrote:

I’d still be interested in knowing how old he is and how old the younger sibling is.
      I'm more interested in the intentions
      there are no intentions. It's just random, from bathroom to room or undressing.
      How old are you? And how old is your younger sibling? I’m assuming both of you are guys.
      we are both males. He is 8 and I am 13
    • Adrian Kelley wrote:

Birds18 wrote:

Adrian Kelley wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Birds18 wrote:

I’d still be interested in knowing how old he is and how old the younger sibling is.
      I'm more interested in the intentions
      there are no intentions. It's just random, from bathroom to room or undressing.
      How old are you? And how old is your younger sibling? I’m assuming both of you are guys.
      we are both males. He is 8 and I am 13
      I guess it would be up to you. I am assuming that you’ve probably started puberty already so you would have to decide if you want to talk to your brother about development and stuff like that. If you don’t feel like you are comfortable enough to do that then I would probably avoid being naked around him too often.
    • Its sort of the "when in rome" thing like many others have mentioned. If it's cool in your family and your intentions aren't evil then there shouldn't be anything wrong with family nudity. But if parents don't want it or siblings don't want it then don't. But even then there's probably nothing horrible about it. I mean I know my mom as a born again Christian doesn't like it. But she's working so much and never home that I will sometimes jokingly flash my sisters or walk from the bathroom to my bedroom. No different than I would my guy friends. It's just funny sometimes. They're old enough to handle it. I mean we all see worse stuff on the internet.
    • Birds18 wrote:

I guess it depends on if it’s just casual changing in the bedroom or coming out of the shower. If it’s walking around nude in front of your 8 year old brother that might not be good.
      And why would that "not be good"? At 8 year old he already learned to appreciate violence on TV and what not. Why should harmless nudity be worse?
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • Pultost wrote:

It all depends on what you're used to. If you grew up walking around the house naked it's no big deal, otherwise it's kinda weird and wrong to just barge into your sibling's room naked out of the blue.
      problem is we have the same room. So I have to change. I told him some nudity is going to happen and can't be avoided. And I don't always feel the need to cover up especially if mom is not around.
    • Adrian Kelley wrote:

Pultost wrote:

It all depends on what you're used to. If you grew up walking around the house naked it's no big deal, otherwise it's kinda weird and wrong to just barge into your sibling's room naked out of the blue.
      problem is we have the same room. So I have to change. I told him some nudity is going to happen and can't be avoided. And I don't always feel the need to cover up especially if mom is not around.
      Well, if it's just a quick change I don't see the problem.
      Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
    • Adrian Kelley wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Wait. So we're talking about sharing a room? Two boys? Then yes, its fine. I already basically said that siblings seeing each other naked COULD be fine under the right conditions (and that went for siblings of the opposite sex not sharing a room). Idk how you could not not see each other naked being roommates. I mean he already likely sees you in just shorts when you swim. He basically sees it all. Plus its your brother. No reason to feel modest around your brother.
    • Birds18 wrote:

All I’m saying is that it could be awkward depending on if he’s started puberty or not. His little brother might ask him a bunch of questions that he might not be comfortable answering.
      Agreed. But I'm assuming they are just starting to room together for the first time and will potentially room together until they move away from home. So even tho he may potentially have to answer potentially awkward questions, is it worth changing in the bathroom or behind a curtain for the next 5 years or more? I mean sometimes brothers have to answer awkward questions regardless if they're roommates or not.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

Birds18 wrote:

All I’m saying is that it could be awkward depending on if he’s started puberty or not. His little brother might ask him a bunch of questions that he might not be comfortable answering.
      Agreed. But I'm assuming they are just starting to room together for the first time and will potentially room together until they move away from home. So even tho he may potentially have to answer potentially awkward questions, is it worth changing in the bathroom or behind a curtain for the next 5 years or more? I mean sometimes brothers have to answer awkward questions regardless if they're roommates or not.
      i’m just saying that there’s a significant age difference between the two of them.
    • In this instance, the 13 year old and the 8 year old boys share a bedroom. Thus by default, nudity is going to occur and likely on a daily basis. Puberty implements slowly. The older boy is not going to go from no pubes to a full bush in one day.

Adrian explains to his brother that he too will change when he is older. Or not. This is not a big deal.
    • I see nothing inappropriate with brothers being nude in their shared bedroom, even if the age difference is 5 years. It would be ridiculous to me not to be able to change my clothes or dress after bath/shower in my room because my brother, either older or younger, happened to be in the room. As others have said, it gives the younger boy a, possibly brief, glimpse into changes that his body is going to go through as he matures. And hopefully the OP would be comfortable answering any questions his brother may have.
    • My 3 brothers and I have been naked around each other a lot. We share 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom between us and so there isn't always exactly a lot of opportunity for modesty under those circumstances. I'm 18, and my brothers are 19, 16, and 13 (and I share a bedroom with the 13 year old). We've also gone skinnydipping with each other as well. We just say that it gives the 3 younger of us the opportunity to see what we'd look like at various stages growing up and when to expect certain things.