Natural Scent Attractiveness

• The reason we have pubic hair under our arms and stuff is to collect the sweat, to attract a mate. Its kinda a natural thing for animals. Whether its still as strong a thing for humans im not sure. But subconsciously i believe it still has some effects on us :love: (probably with other attributes that would attract us)

Like just a sweaty boy would be :thumbdown:

But add his hot body, doing something athletic. And it would be <3

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Ive thought about this before. I wonder if it's actually a physical/chemical/pheromone reaction or if it's mental??? One of my besr friends who I wouldn't mind getting to be better friends under the right conditions smells great to me. She smokes cigarettes and weed too, which I actually don't think are great smells. But all hours of the day she smells great to me. I wonder if its pheromones or just that a dig her so much that even her BO and all her bad smells are still fine af????
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

Ive thought about this before. I wonder if it's actually a physical/chemical/pheromone reaction or if it's mental??? One of my besr friends who I wouldn't mind getting to be better friends under the right conditions smells great to me. She smokes cigarettes and weed too, which I actually don't think are great smells. But all hours of the day she smells great to me. I wonder if its pheromones or just that a dig her so much that even her BO and all her bad smells are still fine af????
      That’s exactly it! I also wonder if I’m the same way for anyone else.
    • maseb wrote:

I find a boy's natural scent, with maybe a hint of his shampoo or soap, attractive. Not sweat so much
      I'm the same way. I also think there is a difference between the good smells of a boy and smelly sweaty body odor from lack of washing. Massive difference. As an example playing basketball in the driveway for a little while then making out is cool but after working in the barn on a hot day for a few hours and coming inside ... a shower is in order first!
    • BJade wrote:

The reason we have pubic hair under our arms and stuff is to collect the sweat, to attract a mate. Its kinda a natural thing for animals. Whether its still as strong a thing for humans im not sure. But subconsciously i believe it still has some effects on us :love: (probably with other attributes that would attract us)
      Interestingly, we're told that human noses are far too insensitive for pheromones to do anything much. Certainly, we can't do what dogs can do where the male can smell a bitch in heat several miles away and home in on her. But I think smell definitely does do something.

There have been times when I have felt extra horny, and all have been times when I have been with girls, i.e. more than one at the time time, yet I haven't been able to identify any one girl responsible for it. If it was visual it would be easy to work out which is what makes me think it is smell instead.

I also watched a problem on TV where they got women to sniff men's sweaty T-shirts and measured their response. Their conclusion was that the women were most attracted to the men with an immune system most dissimilar to their own which could have advantages for any children, i.e. they may be able to cope with a wider range of potential diseases than either parent.
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Interestingly, we're told that human noses are far too insensitive for pheromones to do anything much. Certainly, we can't do what dogs can do where the male can smell a bitch in heat several miles away and home in on her. But I think smell definitely does do something.
      There have been times when I have felt extra horny, and all have been times when I have been with girls, i.e. more than one at the time time, yet I haven't been able to identify any one girl responsible for it. If it was visual it would be easy to work out which is what makes me think it is smell instead.

I also watched a problem on TV where they got women to sniff men's sweaty T-shirts and measured their response. Their conclusion was that the women were most attracted to the men with an immune system most dissimilar to their own which could have advantages for any children, i.e. they may be able to cope with a wider range of potential diseases than either parent.
      The 1st and 3rd paragraphs are at least partially in conflict with each other. Are human noses too insensitive or can we smell immune systems? I suppose it's similar to most studies, you go with the one that makes your case (sad but true). I have read and watched some studies on noses and pheromones. It would seem that there is some truth to the theory that humans can be attracted to certain pheromones. But its a fact that our sense of smell pales in comparison to many other animals.
    • It's interesting to see this kind of stuff. I've wondered about that for a while, like I've noticed a little scent from me that I like at times, and I've wondered if and what other boys smell like, but I've never been able to get close enough to another person that way to find out. Good to know that it's not abnormal for me to wonder about that!
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

The 1st and 3rd paragraphs are at least partially in conflict with each other. Are human noses too insensitive or can we smell immune systems? I suppose it's similar to most studies, you go with the one that makes your case (sad but true). I have read and watched some studies on noses and pheromones. It would seem that there is some truth to the theory that humans can be attracted to certain pheromones. But its a fact that our sense of smell pales in comparison to many other animals.
      Yes, studies do sometimes contradict but there are also plenty of people who publish stuff as if it is settled science when it's not really very thorough. As a species our sense is smell is pretty poor but it isn't non-existent. I think the assertion that we can't smell pheromones was based on a dissection and failing to find anything that corresponded to something found in other animals. Working logically from a knowledge of anatomy is better than a stab in the dark, but not as good as actually conducting well-controlled experiments.

CooperJ wrote:

Cuddling with a clean boy, like after a shower is nice. I love the smell
      Something I wonder here is if there is more than one aspect to being turned on, for example visual, smell, even touch, do sexual orientation affect them all equally?
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

Yes, studies do sometimes contradict but there are also plenty of people who publish stuff as if it is settled science when it's not really very thorough. As a species our sense is smell is pretty poor but it isn't non-existent. I think the assertion that we can't smell pheromones was based on a dissection and failing to find anything that corresponded to something found in other animals. Working logically from a knowledge of anatomy is better than a stab in the dark, but not as good as actually conducting well-controlled experiments.

CooperJ wrote:

Cuddling with a clean boy, like after a shower is nice. I love the smell
      Something I wonder here is if there is more than one aspect to being turned on, for example visual, smell, even touch, do sexual orientation affect them all equally?
      My straight friends, I don't think, would find a boy's smell to be a turn on like it is for me
    • I think it would be interesting to see if pheromones had anything to do with sexual orientation. My guess is not. But to study such a thing you would have to conduct the study in a controlled environment. I mean if I was blindfolded at school, I would easily be able to tell the difference between a girl and a boy based on perfume and soap, etc. To be an honest and reliable study you would almost have to have the test subjects either not shower for a week and not wear any perfume, cologne, deodorant, etc. Or you would have to make all the test subjects shower equally and use the same non scented soap.

I think if the above happened I might potentially be "attracted" to the natural scent of a male as much as or nearly as much as a female. Obviously there's no way of knowing. But whether I'm right or wrong, I do believe in pheromone attraction and predisposition to "soul mates". Probably not soul mates in the classic sense. Like I don't believe there's just one person perfect for another person. But I think god or nature created us or allowed us to evolve in a certain way. And that includes me liking a certain type of girl and liking a certain type of boy as friends.