insane or normal???

• insane or normal???

I'm 15. In my life, I have had three mobile phones and one tablet. Besides the tablet, they were all second hand from when my parents wanted new phones.

I have never had more than one at once, Because if I did something to 'upset' my father, he simply took my phone, threw it on the ground and hit it with a bat. I am genuinely asking if this is supposed to be normal because they tell me that all other parents also do it. So far, i am on my third phone. Two of my phones have been smashed and shattered by my dad, and so has the tablet.
    • This is not normal at all, although it can be 'normal' among violent, domineering and oppressive people. I've seen fathers that act like that, and do this same thing. I knew a kid that had his iPhone taken away and broken several times. Once the father, an alcoholic with a huge ego and superiority complex, took his phone and put it between the front door and the door jam on the floor, and SLAMMED the door over and over. It was broken so badly the Apple people had never seen it worse.

This father was also horribly emotionally, and often physically abusive to his son. He would recoil in horror if his son tried to hug him. His son is a very angry boy now, it's causing him a lot of problems. I hope that your father isn't this bad, but if he is, be careful. I know that a lot of people will say to call for help, and that may be what you need to do if it ever gets too bad. I don't know where you are, but here is something to consider: Sometimes, like where I am, the foster care system can be even worse than your situation now. There are horror stories, from real people who have experienced it first hand. Just, be careful and consider all your options.

But to your question, no this is not normal. Most parents DO NOT do that. I mean, think of the waste for one thing! He's destroying perfectly good, valuable technology. That's wrong in itself. It would cost most parents far more than they would be willing to pay.

Good luck to you!
    • SamIsOnForumsIg wrote:

I'm 15. In my life, I have had three mobile phones and one tablet. Besides the tablet, they were all second hand from when my parents wanted new phones.

I have never had more than one at once, Because if I did something to 'upset' my father, he simply took my phone, threw it on the ground and hit it with a bat. I am genuinely asking if this is supposed to be normal because they tell me that all other parents also do it. So far, i am on my third phone. Two of my phones have been smashed and shattered by my dad, and so has the tablet.
      I get your parents taking your phone for a few days but no, MOST parents don't throw their childs phone on the ground and hit it w/ a baseball bat so you're parents are just simply insane.
    • That's beyond being crazy. Yes, I think most parents do take away stuff for while as punishment, but as far as throwing things onto the ground and smashing them with a baseball bat, nope, no other parents I've ever heard of do anything close to that.

I'm beginning to be a bit worried about you, and I've only read two posts from you. I hope there is another adult in your life that you can talk to about this, because that's not even remotely normal.