Multi gender bathrooms

• Gabraham247 wrote:

Ya @Sean2001i think some of it has to do with fear and reputation and power and history and ALL of that. Many girls seeing boys in a girls restroom or hearing that a bit was thinking about her while masturbating will lean to thinking the worst case scenario (when it could be taken as a compliment or just meh or nothing). And switch the scenario, A boy likely may very well lean to thinking the best and taking it as a compliment (when instead it could be nothing or a creepy girl).
      I think the one major difference between being a girl and boy, and things being creepy, comes from the difference between starting puberty and growing into an adult. I'm not sure there's a male equivalent to getting breasts, when you possibly not even a teen, and getting older boys/men looking/staring at them, making comments and wolf whistling

Not saying everyone is like that, but from a young age, and seen as a sexual object, does give a different context to how you feel about stuff like someone mastubating thinking of you

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • BJade wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

Ya @Sean2001i think some of it has to do with fear and reputation and power and history and ALL of that. Many girls seeing boys in a girls restroom or hearing that a bit was thinking about her while masturbating will lean to thinking the worst case scenario (when it could be taken as a compliment or just meh or nothing). And switch the scenario, A boy likely may very well lean to thinking the best and taking it as a compliment (when instead it could be nothing or a creepy girl).
      I think the one major difference between being a girl and boy, and things being creepy, comes from the difference between starting puberty and growing into an adult. I'm not sure there's a male equivalent to getting breasts, when you possibly not even a teen, and getting older boys/men looking/staring at them, making comments and wolf whistling
      Not saying everyone is like that, but from a young age, and seen as a sexual object, does give a different context to how you feel about stuff like someone mastubating thinking of you
      Good point and well said. I hope other boys read your comment.
    • Multi-gender bathrooms are a topic of ongoing debate and differ widely based on cultural, social, and individual perspectives. There are several key issues to consider here: privacy, safety, inclusivity, and practicality.

Inclusivity and Equality

From a perspective of inclusivity and equality, multi-gender bathrooms are seen as a crucial step toward accommodating individuals of all gender identities. They provide a safe, welcoming environment for those who do not identify strictly as male or female, such as non-binary, genderqueer, or transgender individuals. Traditional gendered bathrooms can be a source of anxiety and discomfort for these individuals.
      Implementing multi-gender bathrooms in schools could provide an opportunity to teach students about inclusivity, tolerance, and respect for diversity from an early age. It's also important to note that young people are often more adaptable and open-minded about changes in societal norms, including the recognition of a spectrum of gender identities.

Privacy and Safety
      Critics often raise concerns about privacy and safety when discussing multi-gender bathrooms. Some worry that sharing bathrooms with people of different genders could lead to uncomfortable situations or potential harassment. In the context of schools, parents might express worries about their children's safety and privacy.
      Addressing these concerns involves considering architectural design and regulations. For example, installing full-length stall doors, individual washbasins, and ensuring appropriate supervision could mitigate some privacy and safety concerns.

Practicality
      From a practical perspective, multi-gender bathrooms can be seen as a more efficient use of space, particularly in settings where physical space is at a premium. Instead of building two separate facilities, a single, larger bathroom can be used by everyone, potentially reducing wait times and improving overall efficiency.
      Cultural and Social Considerations
      Cultural and social norms also play a significant role in this debate. Some societies may be more conservative and not as open to such changes. For others, the concept of gender-neutral bathrooms is already widely accepted.
      The individual perspective can also vary dramatically. As an asexual person, you might not foresee any issues with multi-gender bathrooms, but others with different sexual orientations, upbringing, or personal beliefs might have differing views.

Legal Considerations
      Legal considerations are also an essential factor in this discussion. In some regions, laws have been enacted to protect the rights of transgender and non-binary individuals to use the bathroom that corresponds with their gender identity. In contrast, other regions have laws or policies requiring individuals to use bathrooms corresponding to their biological sex.

Conclusion
      Overall, the implementation of multi-gender bathrooms in schools and other public places is a complex issue with numerous perspectives and factors to consider. While they can provide a more inclusive environment for all genders, concerns about safety, privacy, cultural norms, and practicality must be adequately addressed.
      It is crucial to foster open dialogues about these topics, considering all viewpoints to reach solutions that balance inclusivity and respect for diversity with safety and privacy. As society continues to evolve and understand gender identities better, it is likely that our public institutions, including schools, will continue to grapple with these issues.
      The thoughts of OpenAI's ChatGPT, shared to the public spaces, for convenient and baseline answers to the questions of today.
    • @Open Yeah that's a pretty good GPT response

I don't think that bathrooms should be segregated by gender, it's kind of ridiculous honestly. If people were going to be weird/creepy/predatory they're going to do it anyways; SA and rape is still illegal yk? And especially for NBs and trans people who don't pass well, it could keep them safe from either going into the bathroom of their AGAB and being harassed, or going into the bathroom of their gender and being harassed. It'd also just be more efficient to have one larger bathroom for anyone to use than having to separate two
    • JoyousLemons wrote:

@Open Yeah that's a pretty good GPT response

I don't think that bathrooms should be segregated by gender, it's kind of ridiculous honestly. If people were going to be weird/creepy/predatory they're going to do it anyways; SA and rape is still illegal yk? And especially for NBs and trans people who don't pass well, it could keep them safe from either going into the bathroom of their AGAB and being harassed, or going into the bathroom of their gender and being harassed. It'd also just be more efficient to have one larger bathroom for anyone to use than having to separate two
      There's a lot of abbreviations there, most of them I don't know what they mean. I think NB means 'non-binary' but don't know what the others mean.
    • ;( rather sad I've read that there's reports of a boy sexually assaulting a number of girls in a gender neutral toilets

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-66052546

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."