Sexual orientation and transgenders

• Vic2022 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

I've never thought about it either. It's an intriguing question in that being gay, I'm attracted to gay boys. I think a transgender girl is a girl so not sure how that would work out, given the fact that they would eventually transition physically as well? Very complicated and confusing for me to wrap my head around completely if I'm being honest. That said, I believe that love comes first and foremost in a relationship though, so there is that.
      Ha ha, it was just a question, dont mess your head and stop yourself from sleeping just to look for an answer :D I can start my transition by taking girls hormones but not before 16, for the moment I am only on boy's puberty hormones blockers so I still have a boy's body
      I'm curious now. What do the puberty hormones blockers do to you? Like how do they make you feel and what do they block? I know I can easily google and I do see what it says on the Internet but I'm interested in learning about this. Does it prevent growth of pubic hair and penis length and prevent voice change and all that too? Or is it all dependent upon when you start taking them? Does it make you feel any different physically? Do you have to get a lot of blood work and see a doctor regularly for this? I know this is off the topic itself, but I'm very curious about this.
    • collin13 wrote:

Vic2022 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

I've never thought about it either. It's an intriguing question in that being gay, I'm attracted to gay boys. I think a transgender girl is a girl so not sure how that would work out, given the fact that they would eventually transition physically as well? Very complicated and confusing for me to wrap my head around completely if I'm being honest. That said, I believe that love comes first and foremost in a relationship though, so there is that.
      Ha ha, it was just a question, dont mess your head and stop yourself from sleeping just to look for an answer :D I can start my transition by taking girls hormones but not before 16, for the moment I am only on boy's puberty hormones blockers so I still have a boy's body
      I'm curious now. What do the puberty hormones blockers do to you? Like how do they make you feel and what do they block? I know I can easily google and I do see what it says on the Internet but I'm interested in learning about this. Does it prevent growth of pubic hair and penis length and prevent voice change and all that too? Or is it all dependent upon when you start taking them? Does it make you feel any different physically? Do you have to get a lot of blood work and see a doctor regularly for this? I know this is off the topic itself, but I'm very curious about this.
      Basically blockers block the production of boy's puberty's hormones, so they prevent boys genitals from growing they stay like they are. They prevent voice change also. And all puberty changes. The downside effect it slows down growth (in height)

If I stop blockers it will make puberty start normally (but just later than it should have)
      I dont plan on stopping though

I dont feel different physically, I'm just happy my boys parts dont get big and get visible.
      In particular in the locker rooms in PE, at the beach, or the swimming pool. And happy I dont get a deep voice.

I go see the doctor and have an injection and check every 3 weeks
      Dont be afraid to come talk to me, I dont bite... :D
    • collin13 wrote:

Vic2022 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

I forgot one thing : Blockers also take away random boners and morning wood. I still have boners when I do stuff with my bf though
    • smithy21 wrote:

if a trans girl is only into boys that makes you straight

i would be open to it but im also bi. for the other person i think it would depend on how things look down there and how you have sex
      I mainly do stuff to my bf, I play with his... you know..., he lowers his pants but I prefer keeping my underpants on to avoid that he plays with mine I shouldn't have
    • collin13 wrote:

I'm curious now. What do the puberty hormones blockers do to you? Like how do they make you feel and what do they block?
      I can't speak frpm experience on how they make people feel, but the point of taking them is that some of the changes that happen with puberty are sex-specific, permanent and quite obvious. Prior to pubery, although boys and girls have different genitals, once clothed there isn't really anything to tell the sexes apart other than hair and clothing styles so it is quite easy to dress as the gender you indentify with.

For those going through male puberty, extra shoulder width, extra height and voice change are the obvious ones. If you ever see a pantomine, which tradionally has a dame, an ugly woman played by a man, you can see the effect of these, i.e. the man is really not convincing as a woman. People can learn to raise the pitch of their speaking voice a bit to compensate for voice change but will never sound quite the same as someone who didn't go through that level of voice change in the first place.

For female puberty, the big one is the distinctive pelvis shape, i.e. wider hips, which is usually quite obvious. To a lesser extent, shorter height due to earlier closure of the growth plates.
    • Just an edit to my first reply. In your original post you said attracted to other boys so my response was thinking you were a trans boy even though when I see you online I know you’re a trans girl. (Normally trans girls don’t say “other” boys, caught me off guard). So it makes you straight rather than my first response of gay.
    • Thank you for the responses, I learned a lot from reading them which should be the spirit of this forum in general! Good information. So in a nut shell, they keep you in a pre-puberty state until the next phase of transitioning .. whenever that may take place.

Given this, after a complete transition, would you tell your mate that you had gone through the procedure? I'm guessing with advances in medicine and such that it would be pretty much impossible to tell the difference? Because if you identify and are female, how would anyone really even know the difference?
    • collin13 wrote:

Thank you for the responses, I learned a lot from reading them which should be the spirit of this forum in general! Good information. So in a nut shell, they keep you in a pre-puberty state until the next phase of transitioning .. whenever that may take place.

Given this, after a complete transition, would you tell your mate that you had gone through the procedure? I'm guessing with advances in medicine and such that it would be pretty much impossible to tell the difference? Because if you identify and are female, how would anyone really even know the difference?
      Unfortunately although this may happen in our lifetime it isn’t the case now and won’t be for a while. The uks gender identity clinic (the only one in the UK) is being shut down. I would post a link but I don’t know which one to post, there are a lot of them so feel free to Google it, but I can post 1 if needed.
      I’m not sure the reason exactly, some articles say it is because of kids feeling they were rushed through and regret making the decision, that they should have been counseled and informed first. Other articles say it has to do with a independent study stating health concerns. I have heard that it has to do with a large number of mal practice law suits.
      I expect the same thing to happen in the states too because I’m used to hearing law suits about anything “my coffee burnt me” “I fell down the steps of the person I was robbing because they were too steep”. So the amount of trans surgery is going to go down and with it length of time before we get perfect transitions will increase.
    • collin13 wrote:

Thank you for the responses, I learned a lot from reading them which should be the spirit of this forum in general! Good information. So in a nut shell, they keep you in a pre-puberty state until the next phase of transitioning .. whenever that may take place.

I dont know yet. If I am in a serious relationship, I will probably tell him or her.
      In middle school some couples break up after like 2 weeks together, so I prefer to be in a serious thing to tell about it

If everything goes right the goal is precisely that I look like a girl and people cant tell I was born boy
    • Jamieb09 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

Unfortunately although this may happen in our lifetime it isn’t the case now and won’t be for a while. The uks gender identity clinic (the only one in the UK) is being shut down. I would post a link but I don’t know which one to post, there are a lot of them so feel free to Google it, but I can post 1 if needed.I’m not sure the reason exactly, some articles say it is because of kids feeling they were rushed through and regret making the decision, that they should have been counseled and informed first. Other articles say it has to do with a independent study stating health concerns. I have heard that it has to do with a large number of mal practice law suits.
      I expect the same thing to happen in the states too because I’m used to hearing law suits about anything “my coffee burnt me” “I fell down the steps of the person I was robbing because they were too steep”. So the amount of trans surgery is going to go down and with it length of time before we get perfect transitions will increase.
      Surgery is only after 18 yo
      From 16 I can take girls puberty hormones treatment
      If you are on blockers and change your mind and want to stay a boy, you "just" stop blockers and boy normal puberty resumes (well probably not as simple but you get the idea)
      Of course if you decide to stay a boy after starting girls hormones, I dont know...
      Or after getting surgery

Of course to decide a transition you have to think hard about it. I saw the doctor a bunch of times and did experimentations for her to find out if I have a dysphoria or if it is something else. She didn't rush me through, it was the opposite, she told us to take time to make these experimentations, then be sure of I felt
    • Vic2022 wrote:

Of course to decide a transition you have to think hard about it. I saw the doctor a bunch of times and did experimentations for her to find out if I have a dysphoria or if it is something else. She didn't rush me through, it was the opposite, she told us to take time to make these experimentations, then be sure of I felt
      Can you clarify a bit on the question of being rushed? It would seem to me that there could be a sense of urgency to start puberty blockers but that, once you're on them, there should be plenty of time to work the rest out.
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Vic2022 wrote:

Can you clarify a bit on the question of being rushed? It would seem to me that there could be a sense of urgency to start puberty blockers but that, once you're on them, there should be plenty of time to work the rest out.
      I mean getting rushed into blockers and starting a transition
      The doc told me about cases when a boy thinks he's actually a girl but in fact he's just gay, and unconsciously he wants to be a girl to be straight. Or sometimes it's only a phase and after a while they go back to their original gender.
      If you go too quickly and immediately start blockers or a transition, and only then you realize it's not what you need, then there's gonna be a problem

The doc has to eveluate the case and it takes time, I remember at first I wanted to start the transition right away, and when she answered to wait and make more tests, I told my parents fuck that doctor lets go see another one :ninja2:
    • I would think that there should be extensive evaluations and counselling before any medications are started for this. As explained above, I wouldn't think that one day a 12 year old could go to their doctor and say they are the opposite sex and immediately be started on puberty blockers without some extensive evaluation. It isn't as simple as that I'm sure.
    • I saw this when it was first posted, but honestly took a bit of thinking before I felt comfy replying. Like others, I hadn't really thought about it before.

As for the first question about own sexual orientation. I think makes you, a trans girl, straight if you fancy a boy. As for him, that's probably not as easy considering you, at least currently, have a boy body.

I am not straight and currently dating a boy, never having done anything with anyone other than him. So I don't qualify to answer the last two questions.