Addressing teacher as Sir in an adult college?

• Addressing teacher as Sir in an adult college?

Hi everyone i'm not in school anymore now as i am 19. I just started a 2 year course in an adult college.
      Anyway i have a male teacher and on the first day i immediately started addressing him as Sir at all times when talking to him. Now this is an adult college and its not the same as school. There isn't a rule that you have to address teachers as Sir but i just find that i like to show respect and saying Sir comes naturally to me.
      I noticed that a couple of others also address him as Sir but most of the people in the class don't and even the ones who do aren't doing it as much as i am.
      I wondered does anyone here think its necessary for me to keep doing this? I should point out that neither the teacher or anyone else in the class has said anything to me about it, the teacher hasn't told me to stop or that i don't need to so i assume i should keep addressing him as Sir.
      Also i was the first one to say Sir on day one and some of the others started saying it after i did so maybe i influenced them haha
      Also i am one of the youngest in the class. The age range is from 18-25
    • I think it’s just a natural way especially when you’ve had to do it while at school, but universities and colleges don’t really expect you to especially as we are all adults (well supposedly)
      I’m not clumsy its just the floor hates me, the tables and chairs are bullies and the wall gets in the way