Feeling depressed over a girl.

• Feeling depressed over a girl.

There is this girl named shannon in my class. She has a great personality, which I am attracted to the most. The only thing is I started talking to her and she just turned around, trying to ignore me, she just looked at me like I was stupid. I felt so bad, I am even considering doing acid, since I know people that do it, and throwing my life away, not giving a shit about anything. I don't know how to cope, I feel like I will never have a girlfriend, since I never had one, and I am 16. If I really wanted to I can just ignore this like I do many things, because I am capable of doing it, but I just don't want to live anymore, honestly :(
  • Re: Feeling depressed over a girl.

Don't let one rejection get you down too much, if she turned round and ignored you then she's just rude and unfriendly, would you want a girlfriend like that? You'll get a girlfriend soon, look around a bit and don't focus on that girl too much, she doesn't sound like she's worth it at all. Good luck. :]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

:wink: Hi! I think you're overreacting. If Shannon doesn't like you it's NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! And hold your horses there a bit! I mean don't get me wrong but you're just 16, and you have all your life ahead of you. Me I'm 15 and I never had a boyfriend either because I never found the right guy. People I meet every day are always shocked when I tell them that because they say I'm beautiful (like that counts). So the point is, try finding someone else. If you don't succeed maybe it's because lots of girls at this age are still immature (guys even more lol) But seriously you're making a drama out of it!
    [SIZE=5]"Mø&#1080; Cø&#1079;&#1103; &#949;$t ou&#8730;e&#1103;t à c&#1079;ux qui &#8730;&#1079;uL&#1079;&#1080;T La décØuv&#1103;i&#1103; "&#9829; <a [/SIZE]

dis girls is obvisously not worth your time. if she just ignored you when you were trying 2 have a conversation den she thinks way 2 highly of herself. but trust me. thur is a way better girl out thur 4 you den her. don't watse your life cuz you were rejected by sum1 you should consider on a lower level den you.
    [SIZE=4]i live in detent[/SIZE][SIZE=4]ion:kiss:[/SIZE]

If I let rejection get me down, I would be six feet in the ground by now. Seriously, get over it. Not everyone is going to like you. Some people are going to hate you. They will try to ruin your reputation just because they can. But the problem is, only you can let them do anything that can affect you. It's the power of ignoring them that pisses them off the most. Sure, every adult tells you that. But with experience, I've learned that it is very true. I was always the fighting type. If someone ran their mouth, I was in their face willing to beat the shit out of them. Now, I push my chin up and walk down the hallways while some people snicker and point. Nothing is holding me back, not even the stares and glares. Just move on, grow up.

Don't let her get you down because not all girls are like that.
    Definately do not get into drugs!! It will not get you anywhere, especially no where near a girlfriend.
    She is mean and heartless if she did that to you.
    I know you like her but there are plenty of others out there that would suit your better.

I have a tip for you. Don't think about having a girl for your girlfriend and then asking her out when you feel ready.
    Talk to the girl you like first, get to know her a bit more and let her get to know you. Building a friendship would be the start of the relationship. Then you can gradually move on to asking her out. If she doesn't feel that way at least you can still be friends and she can even help you out with attracting other girls.

Tell me if this helps. =] xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Life is the one thing we are in control of.
    We can either let the bad times get us down
    Or we can concentrate on the good - even when we feel that there isn't any.

Sometimes girls can make you feel like total crap. You have to realize that this situation is exactly where you SHOULD be "not giving a shit about anything." I'd suggest you make your interest in her obvious in a scandalously forward and blatant fashion, make her react gutturally and unexpectedly. If she sneers or laughs at you, shrug and walk away like she disappeared. Not only will you have proven yourself to be less vested in the outcome of your little asking-out than she is, but you've made yourself look cool even in rejection. And there is always the chance she'll be attracted to your outright confession of feelings.

On the other hand, you mentioned acid. You must have never done it before yourself, and from the responses, neither have any of the other people who responded here. As an experienced user of LSD, I might be able to give you a more comprehensive analysis of it's effects.

One thing acid would DEFINITELY do for you in your current situation would be make you realize deeply what I was just saying. The whole boy-girl tension and torment is silly and unreal. If you are interested in someone, the only thing that makes sense is to tell them and vindicate yourself.

One thing acid will not do to you is cause you to throw away your life. On the contrary, tripping can make you more fully and astonishingly aware of just what it means to "be alive" and just what it means to "seek happiness," but if you were serious about trying it, remember to be careful. Stay in a happy place without pressure, or it could potentially turn into something over-intense which could cause a freak-out (not even slightly enjoyable). A common misconception about LSD is that it is dangerous in a conventional, physical way, when really it will never cause any medical problems in and of itself. The real worry you should have about it is psychological and whether your mind can grok it's enormity.

Hey dude read my most recent post. I know exactly how you feel but hey just try to enjoy time with your friends and well good things will happen. Its about luck i guess just wait your time will come.
    [LEFT]"Girls possess me but they're never mine."[/LEFT]
    [RIGHT]-Tom Delonge[/RIGHT]
    [LEFT]"I can ride my bike with no handlebars."[/LEFT]
    [RIGHT]-Flobots[/RIGHT]

You obviously have low self esteem.

Boy, it can be done, get your shit together and be a strong guy who is not affected by other people's dumb opinions. Girls like guys like that. After all, you are deceiving yourself that you will not get a girlfriend forever if she rejects you. Be strong, I have been in your shoes.

The girl you are talking about is pretty immature in the ways you have described and she deserves to get slapped in the face repeatedly for being such an asshole.

After you have grown confidence and developed your self-esteem, you will read your own noob words again and laugh at how stupid it was. Now that's called a progress :cool:

sounds to me like you have an image problem. don't worry about the girl, they are just mirrors of our own self worth. Project a better image and you get a better result. Certain drugs have been argued to expand your consciousness and make you more open to the mysteries of the universe. The fact is drugs just take you out of the real world and make you less afraid to embrace your animal instincts. That can be good, but don't expect it to change you. Make a list of your qualities and work on improving yourself. You don't have to be the best you just have to look like you give a shit. When you speak to her again tell her she's not cool enough or pretty enough to ignore you. If that makes her angry tell her she looks better angry and then tell her you have x-ray vision and can tell what color underwear she has on. As for three guesses, even if you guess it wrong, tell her it doesn't work sometimes, but you have other better talents then guessing her underwear. If her hormones don't start acting up at this point, she's not heterosexual. Then give her your number and walk away. Now you can ignore her when she calls you with a nervous tone of voice. Don't worry she'll call back and that's when you take her to the field out back and make a woman out of her and a man of yourself. Happy hunting and if you take acid try to imagine your better self being born from experiences you're soon going to have. Probably in college :)