"...Schools Are About Inclusion, Not Segregation"

• Re: "...Schools Are About Inclusion, Not Segregation"

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

Thats stupid,

how can you have a "white focused school" most history you learn in school is allready about white people. all the presidents are white, the majority of this country's history is white. schools allready learn enough about white history.

And I've learned my share of black history too, actually.
      And true, alot of things have been white-based, and it's wrong and needs to be changed. But I just don't think having a black-focused school is the answer.
      [CENTER]Nobody knows it but you've got a secret smile
      and you use it only for me
      <3
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: &quot;...Schools Are About Inclusion, Not Segregation&quot;

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

Thats stupid,

how can you have a "white focused school" most history you learn in school is allready about white people. all the presidents are white, the majority of this country's history is white. schools allready learn enough about white history.

Not everybody on this forum is American, you know :P
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

We learn about history at our school, not black history or white history, it's all history. Just because we learn mostly about white people it doesn't make a difference. We are all people not two different species.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

Thats stupid,

And you proved my point, I merely mentioned the idea and look what you said. If I was taught the history of black people I wouldn't care, I'd enjoy being taught it, it would be interesting. We are all one species.

iPodge wrote:

We learn about history at our school, not black history or white history, it's all history. Just because we learn mostly about white people it doesn't make a difference. We are all people not two different species.

And you proved my point, I merely mentioned the idea and look what you said. If I was taught the history of black people I wouldn't care, I'd enjoy being taught it, it would be interesting. We are all one species.

its nice you say that,

But the majority of history and information about african americans in this country I've had to find on my own,

The ONLY thing that school really preach on is MLK, and while he was a great man who fought for a good cause, I completely disagree with his view on desegregation, I admire him, I just couldn't do what he did.

schools do not teach about Malcom X, or the Black Panthers, and when they do, it is about bad things concerning them.

in 12 years of school I've only learned of D.W. Dubois, MLK, and Frederick douglas, everything else I found on my own.

But you still miss my point, history is history, whether it is history of black people or white people it is just history. Not being racist, but there are a hell of a lot more famous people in history who are white, than there are black.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

i
      schools do not teach about Malcom X, or the Black Panthers, and when they do, it is about bad things concerning them.

in 12 years of school I've only learned of D.W. Dubois, MLK, and Frederick douglas, everything else I found on my own.

Oh, I'm so sorry that the schools only teach you about the people who promoted peace and love and equality between all people instead of those who wish to make blacks the only prominent figure in today's society. I'm so sorry that the school systems, those evil white bias bastards, only teach you about people like Frederick Douglass, who once said that "I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong." or "Right is of no Sex — Truth is of no Color — God is the Father of us all, and we are all brethren." instead of Malcom X, who in more or less words said that the death of John F. Kennedy made him glad.

I'm sorry that they don't teach you about the Black Panthers, who killed countless police officers and innocent people because they felt like they were oppressing them. I'm sorry that they teach you about people who believed in equality, not segregation or the ultimate ranking of one class above another. The Black Panthers were no better than any white supremacist group. Killing people isn't how you gain equality. Assaulting people isn't the way to become equal. Dr. King understood that. Frederick Douglass understood that. You don't.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." [/CENTER]

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

Oh, I'm so sorry that the schools only teach you about the people who promoted peace and love and equality between all people instead of those who wish to make blacks the only prominent figure in today's society. I'm so sorry that the school systems, those evil white bias bastards, only teach you about people like Frederick Douglass, who once said that "I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong." or "Right is of no Sex — Truth is of no Color — God is the Father of us all, and we are all brethren." instead of Malcom X, who in more or less words said that the death of John F. Kennedy made him glad.

I'm sorry that they don't teach you about the Black Panthers, who killed countless police officers and innocent people because they felt like they were oppressing them. I'm sorry that they teach you about people who believed in equality, not segregation or the ultimate ranking of one class above another. The Black Panthers were no better than any white supremacist group. Killing people isn't how you gain equality. Assaulting people isn't the way to become equal. Dr. King understood that. Frederick Douglass understood that. You don't.

you did a great jot of proving your ignorance on the panthers and Malcolm x in that post... Great job

Malcolm X, lets start with the fact that Malcolm X never pushed for blacks to be above whites as you appearently believe, Malcolm X pushed for equality, what he preached was he didn't care wether white and blacks went to church together, whether they drank out of the same water fountain, or wether they went to school together, he was OK with segregation, as long as places designated for "colored" usage were just as damn good as those of whites. Malcolm X also preached that He wasn't going to take shit, If whites wanted to fight, he was going to fight back, he wasn't going to lay down and take it.

You also obviously never learned of his pilgrimage to Mecca, where he had a change of mind and believed that desegregation was possible after seeing white, Asian, black, and Indian Muslims all pray together in harmony.

and again to the subject of the panthers, who you obviously don't know shit about, the times called for action, the 60's were the shits, and police where so racist and crooked the odds where they were going to fuck with you simply because you were black. Black communities in california had enough trouble with white police officers and the party formed itself for the object of self defense, They took advantage of the California law stating it was ok to carry a loaded gun as long as it was in public view and wasn't pointed at another person.

your calling this orginazation evil based on what grounds? a few officers were killed, compared to the hundreds of blacks killed, beaten, robbed, raped, the list just goes on. The BPP never hunted down whites, lynched them, castrated them, raped them, or even killed their children. Your calling this orginazation evil that started or took part in

1. Alameda County Volunteer Bureau Work Site
      2. Benefit Counseling
      3. Black Student Alliance
      4. Child Development Center
      5. Consumer Education Classes
      6. Community Facility Use
      7. Community Health Classes
      8. East Oakland CIL (Center for Independent Living) Branch
      9. Community Pantry (Free Food Program)
      10. Drug/Alcohol Abuse Awareness Program
      11. Drama Classes
      12. Disabled Persons Services/Transportation and Attendant
      13. Drill Team
      14. Employment Referral Service
      15. Free Ambulance Program
      16. Free Breakfast for Children Programs
      17. Free Busing to Prisons Program
      18. Free Clothing Program
      19. Free Commissary for Prisoners Program
      20. Free Dental Program
      21. Free Employment Program
      22. Free Food Program
      23. Free Film Series
      24. Free Furniture Program
      25. Free Health Clinics
      26. Free Housing Cooperative Program
      27. Food Cooperative Program
      28. Free Optometry Program
      29. Community Forum
      30. Free Pest Control Program
      31. Free Plumbing and Maintenance Program
      32. Free Shoe Program
      33. GED Classes
      34. Geriatric Health Center
      35. GYN Clinic
      36. Home SAFE Visits
      37. Intercommunal Youth Institute (becomes OCS by 1975)
      38. Junior and High School Tutorial Program
      39. Legal Aid and Education
      40. Legal Clinic/Workshops
      41. Laney Experimental College Extension Site
      42. Legal Referral Service(s)
      43. Liberation Schools
      44. Martial Arts Program
      45. Nutrition Classes
      46. Oakland Community Learning Center
      47. Outreach Preventative Care
      48. Program Development
      49. Pediatric Clinic
      50. police patrols
      51. Seniors Against a Fearful Environment
      52. SAFE Club
      53. Sickle Cell Anemia Research Foundation
      54. Son of Man Temple (becomes Community Forum by 1976)
      55. Sports
      56. Senior Switchboard
      57. The Black Panther Newspaper
      58. Teen Council
      59. Teen Programs
      60. U.C. Berkeley Students Health Program
      61. V.D. Preventative Screening & Counseling
      62. Visiting Nurses Program
      63. WIC (Women Infants, and Children) Program
      64. Youth Diversion and Probation Site
      65. Youth Training and Development

(From Internet)

I didn't realize that an orignazation that takes part in 65 different things to help out the community is evil....

seriously bro, do some research before you give something an undeserving label.

That's shit.

You guys are fighting about nothing.
      What have I learned in school? Well, I've learned a bit from every race. Everything that it took, the good and the bad, to make this country what it is today.
      I've read it from the veiws of the blacks, the whites, the asian and the first nations peoples.
      Do I know everything about each race? No.
      But I have a choice to check those things out for myself.
      I can take a Religions class, I can take more indepth history classes, or hell, I could even visit the library.
      The school offers you a basic knowledge of what you need to know, it's up to you if you want to continue with that or not.
      So don't go around blaming the School Board for what they aren't teaching you. They're giving you the option to take that into your own hands.

That is why I do not agree with this black focused school.
      Why do we need it when everything is already offered through the regular school system?
      <3
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by ELECTRIC ().

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

you did a great jot of proving your ignorance on the panthers and Malcolm x in that post... Great job

You've done a great job of proving your all around ignorance on every single subject we've discussed. Great job.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

Malcolm X, lets start with the fact that Malcolm X never pushed for blacks to be above whites as you appearently believe, Malcolm X pushed for equality, what he preached was he didn't care wether white and blacks went to church together, whether they drank out of the same water fountain, or wether they went to school together, he was OK with segregation, as long as places designated for "colored" usage were just as damn good as those of whites. Malcolm X also preached that He wasn't going to take shit, If whites wanted to fight, he was going to fight back, he wasn't going to lay down and take it.

Instead of believing that there shouldn't be any colored segregation like Dr. King believed, right? Or like Frederick Douglass believed? There shouldn't be segregation. Period. Because MLK didn't stand up and spit back in white people's faces doesn't mean that his protest was "bullshit," like you've said previously. There's such a thing as turning the other cheek. But you'd rather have someone who fights back and does the same atrocities committed upon them, despite knowing how it feels. Excuse schools for not teaching the ways of someone who said he was glad when JFK died.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

You also obviously never learned of his pilgrimage to Mecca, where he had a change of mind and believed that desegregation was possible after seeing white, Asian, black, and Indian Muslims all pray together in harmony.

His JFK statements were made after his pilgrimage to Mecca. And even after he adopted his Islamic beliefs, he still didn't believe in turning the other cheek or being peaceful. His exact quote was "If someone lays a hand on you, send them to the cemetery." And that's your idea of someone who should be actively portrayed in schools as a man of equality and peace? Blacks did not get to the place they are today by being violent, beating and killing their way to equality. They got where they are today by putting themselves on a higher level above those racists who oppress them by turning the other cheek like Dr. King did. And believing in themselves enough to know that no white was going to drag them down.

I'm not saying that Malcolm X wasn't important in the black community. I'm saying he went about how he fought back in an entirely wrong manner. Yes, he cared about black people in America. Maybe he did want non-segregation in America. But the fact that there's such evidence showing that it might not be the case is enough for me to say that I wouldn't want his words being taught in a school my child would go to. I'd much rather them learn about Frederick Douglass, Martin Luther King Jr., W. E. B. Du Bois, Jackie Robinson, Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott King, Bayard Rustin, James Farmer, Asa Randolph, Abraham Muste and Hell, even in the far future, Barack Obama. Not someone who promotes violence and death of anyone.

If you want to complain, complain that these people aren't more prominent in school, not that people like Malcolm X aren't. And by the way. People like the man that Malcolm X said he was glad to see die were integral in giving blacks rights. Including Robert Kennedy, as well. How right is it that Malcolm X said the shit he said about JFK?

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

and again to the subject of the panthers, who you obviously don't know shit about, the times called for action, the 60's were the shits, and police where so racist and crooked the odds where they were going to fuck with you simply because you were black. Black communities in california had enough trouble with white police officers and the party formed itself for the object of self defense, They took advantage of the California law stating it was ok to carry a loaded gun as long as it was in public view and wasn't pointed at another person.

And when they started pointing it at another person? And when they started shooting people? Yeah, the 60's were the shits. Yeah, the police were so racist. But who came out better for it? The hundreds of dead cops and Black Panthers or Martin Luther King, who's name still rings in the ears of every black man in America? Who managed to fight through the worst of times without even picking up a gun? You have such an issue with violence against blacks, but when they choose to shoot and kill someone else, regardless of the violence against them, you have an issue. Peace is peace. It has no color. Yes, they were oppressed. Yes, they were treated horribly, but if there's anything that Dr. King and the people he admired proved, it's that there's ways to fight through that.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

your calling this orginazation evil based on what grounds? a few officers were killed, compared to the hundreds of blacks killed, beaten, robbed, raped, the list just goes on. The BPP never hunted down whites, lynched them, castrated them, raped them, or even killed their children. Your calling this orginazation evil that started or took part in

So it's just a "few officers were killed" and hundreds of blacks killed, right? As if that's supposed to nullify the deaths? Nine officers died. Ten black panthers died. 56 officers were wounded. You seriously are so bias it's unbelievable. Death is death. There is no color barrier for atrocities like that. It's a god damn shame that many blacks were killed. And it's a god damn shame that many officers were killed. Don't try to downplay the deaths of a few officers, some of which had nothing to do with the oppression of blacks. It was a tragedy on both ends. And your little "A few officers were killed, big whoop" shit is no bigger sign of your obvious racial bias. The fact that you blow off a few officers dying and 56 being wounded is ridiculous.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I didn't realize that an orignazation that takes part in 65 different things to help out the community is evil....

You can name organizations all day. The fact is, they went about it in the wrong way. They killed people. They wounded people critically. Just like the police did. I feel no sympathy for anyone who takes another person's life. None. Zero.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

seriously bro, do some research before you give something an undeserving label.

I've done plenty of research. I just choose not to turn a blind eye on one group while tearing down another.

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

You've done a great job of proving your all around ignorance on every single subject we've discussed. Great job.

Instead of believing that there shouldn't be any colored segregation like Dr. King believed, right? Or like Frederick Douglass believed? There shouldn't be segregation. Period. Because MLK didn't stand up and spit back in white people's faces doesn't mean that his protest was "bullshit," like you've said previously. There's such a thing as turning the other cheek. But you'd rather have someone who fights back and does the same atrocities committed upon them, despite knowing how it feels. Excuse schools for not teaching the ways of someone who said he was glad when JFK died.

His JFK statements were made after his pilgrimage to Mecca. And even after he adopted his Islamic beliefs, he still didn't believe in turning the other cheek or being peaceful. His exact quote was "If someone lays a hand on you, send them to the cemetery." And that's your idea of someone who should be actively portrayed in schools as a man of equality and peace? Blacks did not get to the place they are today by being violent, beating and killing their way to equality. They got where they are today by putting themselves on a higher level above those racists who oppress them by turning the other cheek like Dr. King did. And believing in themselves enough to know that no white was going to drag them down.

I'm not saying that Malcolm X wasn't important in the black community. I'm saying he went about how he fought back in an entirely wrong manner. Yes, he cared about black people in America. Maybe he did want non-segregation in America. But the fact that there's such evidence showing that it might not be the case is enough for me to say that I wouldn't want his words being taught in a school my child would go to. I'd much rather them learn about Frederick Douglass, Martin Luther King Jr., W. E. B. Du Bois, Jackie Robinson, Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott King, Bayard Rustin, James Farmer, Asa Randolph, Abraham Muste and Hell, even in the far future, Barack Obama. Not someone who promotes violence and death of anyone.

If you want to complain, complain that these people aren't more prominent in school, not that people like Malcolm X aren't. And by the way. People like the man that Malcolm X said he was glad to see die were integral in giving blacks rights. Including Robert Kennedy, as well. How right is it that Malcolm X said the shit he said about JFK?

And when they started pointing it at another person? And when they started shooting people? Yeah, the 60's were the shits. Yeah, the police were so racist. But who came out better for it? The hundreds of dead cops and Black Panthers or Martin Luther King, who's name still rings in the ears of every black man in America? Who managed to fight through the worst of times without even picking up a gun? You have such an issue with violence against blacks, but when they choose to shoot and kill someone else, regardless of the violence against them, you have an issue. Peace is peace. It has no color. Yes, they were oppressed. Yes, they were treated horribly, but if there's anything that Dr. King and the people he admired proved, it's that there's ways to fight through that.

So it's just a "few officers were killed" and hundreds of blacks killed, right? As if that's supposed to nullify the deaths? Nine officers died. Ten black panthers died. 56 officers were wounded. You seriously are so bias it's unbelievable. Death is death. There is no color barrier for atrocities like that. It's a god damn shame that many blacks were killed. And it's a god damn shame that many officers were killed. Don't try to downplay the deaths of a few officers, some of which had nothing to do with the oppression of blacks. It was a tragedy on both ends. And your little "A few officers were killed, big whoop" shit is no bigger sign of your obvious racial bias. The fact that you blow off a few officers dying and 56 being wounded is ridiculous.

You can name organizations all day. The fact is, they went about it in the wrong way. They killed people. They wounded people critically. Just like the police did. I feel no sympathy for anyone who takes another person's life. None. Zero.

I've done plenty of research. I just choose not to turn a blind eye on one group while tearing down another.

I'm going to put it this way, because you aren't going to see it the same way I do and thats obvious.

I'm going to fight back if you hit me, I'm not going to say I love you, thats just how I am, and thats how a lot of people were in the times, wether you agree with me or not on the subject of self defense could phase me more. I'm never going to let someone beat me, sick dogs on me, or spit on me and say I love you, I never have and I never will, I respect MLK for what he did, but I would never do it myself, I'm not into getting fucked up and retaliating with hugs, I'll die before I let you beat me, like I said before, you will have to fucking kill me.

and there no point in even going into the panthers anymore, for you to ignore how much they helped people in poor communities, how they lead the movement for blacks to get together and feed kids who couldn't even eat breakfast in the morning, all of the things they did to help the community, tells me enough about you to realize what your strategy is here.

policia

some of which, exactly, some of which, over half of those incidents were race related, and some convicted of the race related crimes were found innocents after appeals. and you know what else? Shit happens, people die everyday, and a cop fucked up, or a panther fucked up, and they lost their life for it, the police weren't the fucking angels you make them out to be, I know for the sake of your argument your acting like they were good people, but none of those cops were, and thats the facts.

Tragedy,,, Cops die every day, maybe an innocent cop died, innocent kids die every day, innocent people die, it happens, but to compare 5 to hundreds, that is really comical. I somehow believe the lives of women and children that were lost are a little more heavier to the heart then a couple of cops with questionable actions. I'm pretty sure 4 times 56 is more like the number of blacks that suffered.

and you know what man, loving them wasn't working, You know how long blacks just sat down and took it? along time, where was it getting them? no where, especially with the police. so some guys got together, formed neighborhood orginazations and strived to strike the fear into the police and others with the Idea the neighborhood could take care of itself.

The BPP was a great orginazation, the things they did to help out blacks were incredible, They did everything in their power to help the black community.

lets put a big emphasis on you think he fought in the wrong manner, I guess if you were black you would let Bubba beat on you in the idea that he will realize hes an animal and eventually wake up to his wicked and horrible ways. Well I'm not going to let Bubba whip my ass for his enjoyment.

YOU have the opinion King's form of protest was the best, I don't, plain and simple as that, opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

anyways, you seem as one of those violence is not the answer type of guys, a lot of people are like that, I'll never be like that, and a lot of others never will either. If you fight me, I'm fighting right back, I don't care if you think its stupid, because the fact is its just going to help me survive, you can bleed out after some good ol' boy cuts you, I'll be dead before I die slow.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I'm going to fight back if you hit me, I'm not going to say I love you, thats just how I am, and thats how a lot of people were in the times, wether you agree with me or not on the subject of self defense could phase me more. I'm never going to let someone beat me, sick dogs on me, or spit on me and say I love you, I never have and I never will, I respect MLK for what he did, but I would never do it myself, I'm not into getting fucked up and retaliating with hugs, I'll die before I let you beat me, like I said before, you will have to fucking kill me.

Then that's you. That's what's wrong with all of those who stand in the streets and instead of embracing each other, they turn on each other. They kill each other. Whether it be black, white, latino, whatever. If you choose to respond with something that will do nothing but cause more problems, violence and hurt, then that is your choice. But know that you're contributing to your own demise. As a person, as a society, as a culture.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

and there no point in even going into the panthers anymore, for you to ignore how much they helped people in poor communities, how they lead the movement for blacks to get together and feed kids who couldn't even eat breakfast in the morning, all of the things they did to help the community, tells me enough about you to realize what your strategy is here.

My strategy? My strategy is to stress non-violence, peace and love. I cannot stress that enough. The Panthers killed men to get their point across. That tells me enough about what they were about. Were they all bad? No. Did they have good intentions? Quite possibly. But those who chose to take the lives of people who oppressed them instead of feeding hundreds of children before they go to school and such drag down the name of the group. The death of anyone is tragic. May it be a Panther, may it be a cop. No matter what the circumstances. And to resort to that kind of thing to prove a point reduces us, as a society, to the level of animals. And no, it wasn't just the Panthers, it was the cops, too.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

some of which, exactly, some of which, over half of those incidents were race related, and some convicted of the race related crimes were found innocents after appeals. and you know what else? Shit happens, people die everyday, and a cop fucked up, or a panther fucked up, and they lost their life for it, the police weren't the fucking angels you make them out to be, I know for the sake of your argument your acting like they were good people, but none of those cops were, and thats the facts.

I never said that they were angels. They were just as oppressive as anyone else. If not more so. But to say that none of the cops who died were good people is premature. To say that none of the 56 who were wounded were good people is absolutely ridiculous. I never said that the Panthers who died weren't good people. Or those who were arrested deserved to be. None of the people who died were perfect. Several of them weren't a fraction of perfect. But they have the right to live and breathe like everyone else. Unfortunately, they didn't see each other in that light. But when people die.. it isn't just "shit happens." It's a shame.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

Tragedy,,, Cops die every day, maybe an innocent cop died, innocent kids die every day, innocent people die, it happens, but to compare 5 to hundreds, that is really comical. I somehow believe the lives of women and children that were lost are a little more heavier to the heart then a couple of cops with questionable actions. I'm pretty sure 4 times 56 is more like the number of blacks that suffered.

Why isn't all death tragic? Why does it have to be on such a great pedestal? Death is death. There's no difference between a child dying in a hut tomorrow in Darfur and a child dying in a warm bed. It's equally tragic. There's no difference between a poor man dying and a rich man dying. There's no difference between 500 black men dying and 500 cops dying. None. Death is not something that should be brushed off or compared. Nobody should die in vain. Nobody should have the need to take another person's life. You fail to realize that the cops who died had families. Who, quite possibly, didn't agree with the way that the cop believed in regards of race. You fail to realize that those cops had children who grew up without a father, just like the children of any black man who never got to grow up with their father. It's tragic not just for the person who dies. It's tragic for those who have to deal with the death of said person.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

and you know what man, loving them wasn't working, You know how long blacks just sat down and took it? along time, where was it getting them? no where, especially with the police. so some guys got together, formed neighborhood orginazations and strived to strike the fear into the police and others with the Idea the neighborhood could take care of itself.

Where did it get them? Haha.. you say this.. where did it get them? It got them 34 dead brothers, 348 arrests in a single year and God knows how many more throughout time. Martin Luther King is single handedly the most influential black man in history. And what was his message..? Peace. That's where it got MLK. To the top. And it got the Panthers dozens of brothers killed and even more arrested. Yes, Dr. King died. But he died and left behind a legacy that was and is accepted by blacks and whites alike. And many more.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

The BPP was a great orginazation, the things they did to help out blacks were incredible, They did everything in their power to help the black community.

But they did so by taking lives. They made many better.. but they made many worse. They focused not only on feeding people. But fighting those who oppressed them in the wrong manner. They were a great organization for those who they fed and helped. They were a menace to society to those they killed and destroyed. MLK never killed anyone. I'd consider him an incredible, great human being. I'd consider the BPP an organization of people who had the right intentions and went about it the wrong way in many cases.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

lets put a big emphasis on you think he fought in the wrong manner, I guess if you were black you would let Bubba beat on you in the idea that he will realize hes an animal and eventually wake up to his wicked and horrible ways. Well I'm not going to let Bubba whip my ass for his enjoyment.

I would let Bubba do what he wishes. Would I throw a punch? Quite possibly. Would I harm him with the intent to kill? No, I wouldn't. If anything, it'd just be long enough to get away somewhere safe. Never to kill or harm just to harm. Violence should never be the first answer. Always the very, very, very desperate last. If ever.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

anyways, you seem as one of those violence is not the answer type of guys, a lot of people are like that, I'll never be like that, and a lot of others never will either. If you fight me, I'm fighting right back, I don't care if you think its stupid, because the fact is its just going to help me survive, you can bleed out after some good ol' boy cuts you, I'll be dead before I die slow.

I believe you have the wrong perception. Not stupid. But the wrong idea. You think that violence is going to help you survive. You think that being peaceful will only lead to worse things. But violence is what got us into Iraq. Violence is what your ancestors experienced. I refuse to lower myself to that level. Ever.

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

...There's no difference between a child dying in a hut tomorrow in Darfur and a child dying in a warm bed. It's equally tragic. There's no difference between a poor man dying and a rich man dying. There's no difference between 500 black men dying and 500 cops dying. None. Death is not something that should be brushed off or compared...

That's probably the best and most reasonable explanation, as to looking at death itself, that I've ever heard.
      <3
      [/CENTER]