"I Am Innocent" Says Dr. Amit Kumar

• "I Am Innocent" Says Dr. Amit Kumar

Dr. Amit Kumar is the alleged kingpin of the India's biggest Kidney Transplant Racket.

He said that he has not committed any crime and is not a kidney dealer. He was just brought to Kathmandu from Chitwan, near the indo-nepal border where he was hiding.

He has said that he will reveal all the truth in front of everyone in a press conference in front of the media.

It was being said that he has been stealing the kidneys since last 15 years and have done to more than 500 people.
      There was also a rumor, no idea if it is true or not, that he had faced threats from underworld, to give them huge amounts of cash. So it was being said that, his huge kidney dealing business had reached the underworld Dons aswell. It was so famous. However Amit Kumar denies that he ever got any threat from underworld.

Police also seized his bank draft of Rs. 936,000 and 145,000 Euros and $18,900 in cash.

That is a huge sum of money. If he wasn't involved, then how can a doctor have this much money?
    • Re: "I Am Innocent" Says Dr. Amit Kumar

A sick business, indeed. I'm curious to know where he got the kidneys though. Did he kill patients or steal from the public supply? The is certainly more heinous, as we can all agree, but the second certainly sickens me. We all know how badly millions of people around the world new new kidneys and other organs. How someone could steal another chance at life from someone else is something I find hard to understand.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

He was a doctor, a surgeon I think and performed operations. So the patients coming to him, he performed private operations. Must be a great doctor. And then he silently removed the kidneys, ofcourse the patients must be unconscious. But what shocks me is that how come no patient got to know about it? And it is not like 1 or 2 or 3. But he has been doing since 15 years.

Did he give some cash to those people also? It is weird.

Mayank wrote:

But what shocks me is that how come no patient got to know about it? And it is not like 1 or 2 or 3. But he has been doing since 15 years.

So did he pay these people for their kidneys, like a black market donation? Or did he take a kidney unbeknownst to the patient?

I guess the second isn't too far fetched seeing as almost all healthy people can live with only one kidney. So if the patient was having surgery that would leave about the same scar and the person doesn't have any medical problems that would cause a doctor to look at their kidneys, I guess it is probable.

Also, do you know if the doctor was licensed or was he like an under-the-counter doctor?
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]We've been treating love like a battlefield
      For far too long.
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Its not yet known if he paid those people or not. I don't think that any person of middle class family or rich person will get their kidney out for money. Must be someone really poor who can be fooled for money.

Licensed Doctor for sure.

He has been deported to India from Nepal already.