*My Prince*

• *My Prince*

Chapter 5: The Annual Independence Festival Parade.

Kayla woke up. She looked at her clock. The red digital numbers said: 9.30 am. Kayla sighed, rubbed her eyes and got out of bed. She had been unpacking her boxes until 1 in the morning. Apparently, she fell asleep as she was still busy unpacking and putting everything in its place. She still had her clothes on from the previous day. Luckily, it was Saturday. Otherwise, she would have been late for class. She decided to make herself some coffee. She walked out of her room and into the living room. She saw that Gaby was already awake, and also what seemed to be her other roommate. A boy. “Hey, good morning Kayla.” Gaby said cheerful. “Kayla?” The boy looked up. He was kind of skinny with blond hair hanging before his eyes. Kayla’s first impression of him was a skater. “Hi, I’m Kayla Young. I’m new.” Kayla said. “Oh, hi. My name is Gregory. But call me Greg.” he said. “Okay.” Kayla said. “Will you join us for breakfast?” Gaby asked. “Yeah, sure.” Kayla sat down at the table. “So, what brings you here?” Greg asked. “Oh, I was asked to enter here. My head master from Cambridge talked to Lipton about me, and Lipton accepted. And then I got offered to come here, and well, I couldn’t refuse. This is a great opportunity for me.” Kayla said. Gaby and Greg both nodded. “Kayla, the Annual Independence Festival is today. The parade will be starting soon. Would you like to come join us?” Greg asked. “Oh, I don’t know if I can. I still have to unpack some boxes.” Kayla said. “We’ll help you,” Gaby said, “right, Greg?” “Right.” Greg said.
      “Done. Wow, this place has really changed.” Gaby said. “I love your curtains!” Greg said. He pointed at Kayla’s pink curtains and hearts. Kayla thought something, but then waved that thought away. “Wow, scented candles!” he said. “And oh my gosh, Pleasures Intense by Estée Lauder! This is the best perfume ever!” he shouted. “Is he…?” Kayla asked Gaby. “Gaby nodded. “As straight as a roundabout.” she said. “Oh, okay.” Kayla said. “Gaby looked at her watch. “It’s almost 2 pm. Guys, we’ve got to go. The parade will start in 15 minutes.” Gaby said. “Okay.” Greg said. He went to his own room. When both Gaby and Greg were out, Kayla closed the door and got dressed. She chose her blue jeans and a white top with a denim jacket. She picked up her cell phone and went to the living room. Gaby was already waiting. “Greg, come on!” she said. When Greg was done, they left the campus and went to the center of the capital city of Cadigo: Minidio.
      When Gaby, Greg and Kayla arrived, the parade had already begun. Gaby pushed herself through the crowd and found a spot from where she could see everything well. Greg and Kayla followed her lead and stood next to her. Kayla looked around. Kayla saw a lot of people, and children too. Suddenly all the people started to scream and shout. Kayla thought there was something serious going on, but there wasn’t. The Royal Carriage was coming. Kayla leaned in and looked to her left. She saw white horses walking elegantly. When the carriage passed Kayla, she saw the King and Queen. They were waving and smiling at the people. Behind the carriage, there were two men riding on horses. When they got closer into Kayla’s sight, she saw them better. At first, she thought they were two guards. But they didn’t really look like guards. One of them was pretty young. Eighteen, possibly. And the other one was twenty-five, perhaps. As they passed Kayla, she could get a really clear look of the twenty-five year old guy. He had blond hair. It was long, but not very long. He had his hair stroked back. Kayla couldn’t really see the other one, only that he had brown hair. Kayla asked Gaby: “Who are these guys?” “These are the princes of Cadigo. The one with the brown hair is Prince Cedric. The blond one is Prince Raoul. He’s the Crown Prince of Cadigo.” Gaby said. Kayla giggled. How funny, Prince Raoul reminded Kayla of Raoul from the Phantom of the Opera. She giggled again. Everyone reminded her someone in the Phantom of the Opera, nowadays.
      [CENTER][br][br][size=1]*Luv Mii DivaS: KeLly, JOsanne, PegGy*[br]*Luv Mii DivoS: AbeL, KaY, RiCk*[/size][/CENTER]
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 6: Prince Raoul.

Raoul sat on his horse while waving at the people. He felt tired. His ass hurt so much, from sitting on the saddle. As Raoul faintly looked in the crowd, he saw a girl. Not just a girl, a beautiful girl. She had long dark hair, brown, almost black in a ponytail. She wore blue jeans, a white top and a denim jacket. Raoul heard her giggling. He wanted to go to this girl. He wanted to get to know her. “Raoul!” Raoul woke up from his thoughts. “Look out, you almost bumped into the carriage.” His brother Cedric said. “Oh, right sorry.” Raoul said.

“Raoul is very handsome.” Kayla said. “Very handsome, but unfortunately he’s straight.” Greg said. Kayla laughed. She, Gaby and Greg went to a café to have lunch. “You know, Raoul goes to the College of Cadigo too.” Gaby said. “Well, I’m not surprised. It’s the best college there is.” Kayla said, she put a straw in her mouth and drank her milkshake. “Come on, we should head back to campus.” Gaby said. They stood up, paid the check and left the café.
      Back on campus, Kayla went to her room and lay down on her bed. “Hey, Kayla?” Kayla looked up. Greg and Gaby were standing in her doorway. “Yeah?” Kayla said. “We have something for you.” Greg said. “What?” Kayla asked. “ Gaby and Greg gave her a sticker that said: Kayla’s Room. With flowers and hearts. “I picked the design.” Greg said. “Ah, thanks you guys!” Kayla put the sticker on her door. “There, now, you’ve officially moved in!” Gaby said. “Thanks!” Kayla said. “Let’s go grab some coffee in the pub. Let’s celebrate the arrival of our new roommate, and friend.” Greg said. “Yeah, great idea.” Gaby said. “Yeah, let’s go!” Kayla said. The three of them left the room. They were half-way, when Kayla realized something. “I forgot my cell phone! I’ll be right back.” “Okay.” Gaby said. Kayla ran back to the room.

Raoul was back from the parade. He wandered around on campus. He told his friends he was going to finish his homework, but he lied; he’d already finished his homework. He didn’t want to be with his friends right now. All they ever talk about was girls and parties. Not that Raoul wasn’t interested in girls and parties; he just wasn’t at the present time. He kept thinking about the girl he saw at the parade. He wished he could just snap his fingers and then she’d just appear right in front of him. So he could get to know her. Talk to her. Like that's ever going to happen, he thought. Raoul snapped his fingers. Bam! A girl ran into him. Raoul looked up to see who she was. It was the girl from the parade.

Chapter 7: We Finally Meet.

Kayla felt pain in her ass. She fell down on the floor, as she bumped into someone. “Watch where you’re going!” she said angrily. Kayla heard a guy saying: “Sorry, here, let me help you.” The guy stuck out his hand. Kayla looked up. Oh my God! She saw Prince Raoul sticking his hand out to her. She took his hand and he got her up. “I don’t think we’ve met.” he said. “Oh, right. I’m Kayla.” Kayla said. “I’m Raoul.” Raoul said. “Yeah, I know. I saw you at the parade.” Kayla said. “Oh, really? I kind of saw you too. You really caught my attention.” Raoul said. “I did? How come?” Kayla asked. “Well, any girl as beautiful as you would catch any guy’s attention.” he said. Kayla blushed. “Can I have my hand back, please?” she asked. “Oh, yeah, sure.” Raoul let go of her hand. “So, I’ll see you around?” Kayla said. “Yeah, I guess.” Raoul said. “Okay.” Kayla turned around and started to walk. Then she realized something. She turned around. “I’m this way.” she said. Raoul chuckled. Kayla started to walk. “Wait, do you want go do something? I’d like to get to know you, and buy you drink, for hurting your ass.” Raoul said jokingly. “Actually, I’m meeting my friends at the pub. They’re still waiting for me, so I think I should get a move on.” Kayla said. “Oh, well, okay.” Raoul said. Kayla could hear he was disappointed. “Maybe tomorrow, because then it’s Sunday. I’m free tomorrow.” Kayla said. “Yeah, tomorrow is great.” Raoul said. “My dorm number is A205. But come in the afternoon. Before 12 I’ll probably still be in my bed.” Kayla said. Raoul chuckled. “Yeah, okay. So, can I come around 2?” “Yeah, 2 is good.” Kayla said.

“Jeez, what took you so long?” Gaby asked. “I bumped into Raoul,” Kayla said, “we’re going to go out for a drink tomorrow.” Greg’s mouth fell open. “What?” he said. “Yeah, he wants to make up for “hurting my ass”.” “I’ll let him hurt my ass.” Greg said. They all laughed.
      [CENTER][br][br][size=1]*Luv Mii DivaS: KeLly, JOsanne, PegGy*[br]*Luv Mii DivoS: AbeL, KaY, RiCk*[/size][/CENTER]
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 8: Getting Ready.

Kayla was getting ready for her “date” with Raoul. Her room was a mess. She didn’t know what clothes to wear. Kayla looked at her watch. “Oh, God! 13.45?!” She started to look for her pink jeans. “Where are they?” Kayla started to panic. She said around 2, which means he could be later, ro earlier! When she found her jeans, she quickly put them on. She already had her top. A baby-pink top with pink letters that said: POWER OF PINK. She looked for her pink vest. Once she found it, she put on. She now looked for her shoes. White K-SWISS sneakers with pink stripes. She couldn’t find them. “Sneakers! Sneakers!” Kayla shouted. She ran into the living room and started to look for them. “Kayla, what’s up?” Greg asked her. “I can’t find my sneakers.” Kayla said panicked. “What do they look like?” Greg asked her. “White K-SWISS shoes with pink stripes.” Kayla said. “You mean the ones you’re wearing?” Greg said, he pointed at Kayla’s feet. Kayla looked down on her feet, and indeed. She was already wearing them. “Oh, God! I’m such an idiot!” Kayla said. “Nah, you’re just nervous,” Greg said, “after all, you’re going on a date with a prince.” “Yeah. How’s my lip-gloss?” “Good.” “Mascara?” “Good.” “Eye…” “Eyeliner, foundation, hair… It’s ALL good!” Greg said. “Okay. Well, all I’ll have to do is…” Before Kayla could finish her sentence, someone knocked on the door. “That’s him. Wish me luck!” Kayla said. “Good luck!” Greg did a “thumbs-up”. Kayla took a deep breathe and opened the door. Raoul was standing in her doorway. “Hey.” he said. “Hi.” Kayla said. “These are for you.” Raoul gave Kayla a bunch of red roses he had hidden behind his back. “Ah, thank you! They’re beautiful!” Kayla accepted the roses and invited him in. “I’m going to put these in some water. I’ll be right back. “Hey Greg, long time no see.” Raoul said. Greg nodded. “Yeah.”
      Kayla found a vase, poured in some water and put the roses in it. She decided to put them on her desk. She came back from her room. There was an awkward silence. “Okay, so let’s go.” she said. “Okay. Later Greg.” Raoul opened the door elegantly and said: “After you.” Kayla smiled. “Thank you.”

Chapter 9: The Date.

Raoul took Kayla to a carnival. “Shoot 5 and win a prize! Shoot 10 and get the grand-prize! This bear right here!” A man at “basket ball game” shouted. He held a grey “Me to You” bear, which held a heart, up. Raoul saw it and got an idea. “Come on.” Raoul said to Kayla. “What are you going to do?” Kayla asked. Raoul pulled Kayla along to the basket ball game. “Ten please.” Raoul said. “5 pounds.” the man said. Raoul paid the money and received the ten balls. Raoul easily shot them one by one, and didn’t miss any of them. “Congratulations, sir! Wait, you’re Raoul, aren’t you? Congratulations, Prince Raoul.” Raoul laughed. “Here’s you’re prize.” The man handed Raoul the big bear. “Thank you.” Raoul took the bear. He turned to Kayla. “Here, this is for you.” Raoul gave her the bear. “Aw, you’re so sweet. Thank you.” Kayla took the bear. The heart had a little text that said: “You’ve stolen my heart, can I have yours?” After spending a few hours at the carnival, Raoul and Kayla went to a café for a drink. They decided to drink out on the terrace, because it was a sunny day. Kayla sat down at a table and Raoul ordered a drink. After a few minutes Raoul joined her. “This place has the best sorbets. They’re really good.” Raoul said. “Okay.” Kayla said. After a few minutes the waiter came. He only had one sorbet on his trey. “Sorry, we only had one left. But, I did put two spoons with them.” the waiter said. “Oh, that’s okay.” Kayla said. “Okay and I’m really sorry.” The waiter said. “No problem.” Kayla said. The waiter put the sorbet down on the table and stuck the spoon in the glass. “Do you want the cherry?” Raoul asked Kayla. Kayla chuckled. “Sure, why not?” Raoul took the cherry of the top of the sorbet and fed it to Kayla. “Mmm, that’s good.” Kayla said. “Yes, I know.” Raoul said. “You planned this, didn’t you?” Kayla asked. “What?” Raoul asked, acting like he didn’t know what Kayla was talking about. “The sorbet.” Kayla said. “Is that a bad thing?” Raoul said. “No, actually, I think it’s very sweet.” Kayla said. Raoul blushed. “Are you like this with all the girls you date?” Kayla asked. “Just with the very special ones. And until you came along, there were none.” Raoul said. “Oh, stop! You’re making me blush!” Kayla said. Raoul laughed. “Okay, now let me feed you.” Kayla said. “Okay.” Raoul said. Kayla picked up her spoon and fed Raoul some ice cream. “Oh, wait. You have some ice cream on your face.” Kayla said. “Where?” Raoul asked. He leaned in. “Right there.” Kayla wiped the ice cream of his face. They chuckled.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 10: Raoul and Kayla…

Kayla woke up. Her first week at the College of Cadigo was finished. It was Saturday. Kayla stretched her arms. 10.00 said the red digital numbers on her clock. She got out of bed. When she entered the living room she already saw Gaby and Greg. “Why are you two always awake earlier than me?” Kayla said jokingly. “Sssh, we're watching the morning news.” Gaby said. “Okay.” Kayla walked to the refrigerator and got out a pack of orange juice. She poured some in a glass and joined Greg and Gaby on the couch. “And now, exciting and breaking news. Our Crown Prince Raoul may have found new love.” The anchorman said. “We have pictures of him and his “mystery girl” when they where going out in Minidio. Here, they are eating ice cream at “Café Blanc”.” They showed a picture of Kayla wiping the ice cream of Raoul’s face. Kayla froze up. Asl lomg as they don't find out who I am, she thought. “And here they were at the city carnival.” They showed a picture of Raoul handing Kayla the bear. “We don’t have any information on this girl, but she must be a student at the College of Cadigo. Oh, wait. What’s this? I just received new information. The “mystery girl” is Kayla Young. A young student of the age 20, which has just moved here from Cambridge University in London.” Kayla almost choked on her orange juice. “Oh, shit. Oh my God!” she said. “What? What’s wrong?” Greg said. “Do you know what this means? There will be paparazzi at our door everyday. Well, maybe not at our door, but they will look for me here!” Kayla said panicked. “I have to go to Raoul’s dorm. I’ll be right back.” Kayla went back into her room and changed her outfit. She put on a pair of sandals and went to Raoul’s dorm.

Raoul was sitting in front of tv. He was in complete shock. He had also just seen the news. Then he heard someone knock on the door. Raoul opened the door. “Kayla,” he said, “come in.” Kayla got in and Raoul closed the door. “Did you just see the news?” Kayla asked him. “Yeah! I didn’t know this would happen. I mean, there wasn’t much exciting news anymore, so I figured there wouldn’t be any photographers.” Raoul said. “What are we going to do? Paparazzi and journalists will be everywhere.” Kayla said. “That’s not the least thing I’m worried about. It’s my dad. He wants me to date only girls of prominent families. But I hate them. They’re such bitches. Always whining about how much weight they want to lose and what to wear to parties and balls.” Raoul said. “Well, maybe he hasn’t seen the news.” Kayla said with a sparkle of hope. “There’s a chance of 0,00000012% that he won’t. He always watches the news.” Raoul said. “What do we do now?” Kayla asked panicked. “Don’t panic. We’ll find a way.” Raoul said. “Okay, I guess I’ll go back to my room now.” Kayla said. Raoul nodded and kissed her. Kayla walked to the door and opened it. She looked around. No one. She quickly returned to her room, but half-way she bumped into a camera crew. “Oh, shit.” Kayla mumbled. “Kayla, Kayla! How did you and the prince meet?” a journalist asked her. “Has he proposed?” Another one asked. From all sides reporters and journalists came along and started asking questions. Kayla wanted to get away from them, so she ran for it. “Leave me alone! Get away from me!” she yelled while running. When she saw her door she quickly opened it and ran inside. Gaby got straddled. “Shut, shut the, door.” Kayla said exhausted. Right before the reporters could come in, Gaby quickly shut the door. “What happened?” Gaby asked. “News, reporters, you saw it!” Kayla said. “Oh, right. Are you okay?” Gaby asked. Kayla shook her head. “No, not really.” Then, suddenly the phone rang. Gaby picked up. “Hello? I’m Gaby. Yeah, her roommate. Yes, she’s here. Okay, hold on.” Gaby gave Kayla the phone. “It’s for you. Your parents.” Gaby said. Kayla took the phone and held it to her ear. “Hi mom, hi dad.” Kayla said. "What is this about you dating the Crown Prince of Cadigo?!” her dad yelled. “I,” Kayla stumbled, “I, wait a minute, how did you know?” Kayla asked. “We have cable and satellite as well.” her mother said. “Is it true?” her dad asked. Kayla sighed. “Yeah.” At the other line Kayla heard an explosion of joy. “I can’t believe my daughter is dating a, a prince!” her mother shouted. “You’ve always had exquisite taste in everything.” her father said. “So, you’re happy for me, right?” Kayla asked. “Of course we are!” her mother said happily. Kayla sighed out of relief.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 11: Meet The Parents.

“Okay, so my parents saw the news.” Raoul said. “Oh, I’m dead, right?” Kayla said worried. “No, they want to invite you over for dinner. My mom’s idea actually.” Raoul said. Kayla chuckled. “Wait, are you telling me, that I’m invited for dinner with your parents?” Kayla asked. “Yes, and my brother.” Raoul said. Kayla sighed. “You don’t seem happy.” Raoul said. “Oh, sorry. It’s just the first time I’m going to dinner with a king and a queen.” Kayla said. “It’ll be fine. Trust me.” Raoul kissed Kayla’s forehead. “What do I have to wear?” Kayla asked. “A dress or an evening gown.” Raoul said. “Okay. I can do that.” Kayla said.

“How about this one?” Greg took a long dress out of the rack with dresses. It was white with black stripes and ribbons. Kayla shook her head. “Kayla, we have been looking for a proper dress for hours, now. You always keep shaking your head. You’ve got to choose.” Greg said. “Well, I can’t find one that’s good enough!” Kayla said. Then suddenly her eye caught a beautiful baby-pink dress. It was strap-less and it went with a shawl that goes around the shoulders. “I want that one.” Kayla pointed at the dress. “It’s beautiful,” Greg said, “but what does it cost?” “I don’t know.” Kayla looked on the price tag. “95 pounds.” “That’s not so bad. You should take it.” Greg said. Kayla took the dress to the counter and paid for it. “Come on, let’s buy some shoes to go with them.” Greg said.

Raoul knocked on Kayla’s door. Gaby opened the door. “Hi, Raoul!” she said. “Is Kayla ready?” he asked. “Oh, almost. Come on in.” Raoul stepped inside. Gaby knocked on Kayla’s bedroom door. “Raoul’s here.” she said. “Okay.” Kayla said. Raoul waited by the door. Then Kayla’s door opened. Raoul was stunned. Kayla looked beautiful. She wore the pink dress and the shawl covered her bare shoulders. Her hair was tightened in knot upon her head. A pearl necklace decorated her neck and pearl earrings shined on her ears. Pink lip-gloss covered her lips and a faint blush colored her cheeks. “You look beautiful.” Raoul said. “Thanks. So do you. I mean, you look handsome.” Kayla said. “Ready?” Raoul asked. Kayla nodded. Raoul opened the door. “After you.” he said.

The dining room was beautifully decorated. There were red and white roses everywhere. Kayla really enjoyed the meal. They were having lamb with a cherry-glace. “So, what do you study?” king Renierre asked. “I study art-history and symbolic.” Kayla answered. “No religion?” he asked. “Not really, we learn bits and pieces about various religions in symbolic.” Kayla said. “How interesting. I studied Art-history as well, and religion.” Renierre said. “What is your favorite painting or fresco?” he asked. “ “The Last Supper” by Leonardo Da Vinci.” Kayla answered. “Why?” he asked. “Because of all the secrecy and hidden symbols.” Kayla said. “You like a good mystery, don’t you?” Renierre said. Kayla chuckled. “Yes, I love riddles, puzzles and mysteries.” Kayla said. “Okay, I have a riddle for you: Two boys play three games of ping-pong. They both win an equal number of games, without a tie. How is this possible?” Renierre asked. Kayla thought. She kept thinking. “They didn’t play against each-other.” Kayla said. “I like this girl.” Renierre said. “What do your parents do for a living?” queen Christine asked. Kayla hoped they wouldn’t ask this question. She couldn’t say her parents work at the circus? “They, they travel a lot.” Kayla said. “And what is their profession?” Christine asked. “They’re acrobats, at the circus.” Kayla said. They were going to find out sooner or later, she thought. “Which one?” Renierre asked. “The Circus Family.” Kayla said. “The Circus Family? They’re not “Dazzling Danny” and “Lively Laura”, are they?” Renierre asked. “I’m afraid so.” Kayla said. “Oh, wow. I am such a big fan of your circus. I love the way Danny throws Laura up and catches her with his feet!” the queen said. Kayla chuckled. “Do they still do this?” Renierre asked. “Oh, no. My father is now circus-master and my mother works with the animals.” Kayla said. “Did you used to travel with your parents?” the queen asked. “Yes, I was home-schooled.” Kayla said. “How fascinating, really wonderful.” King Renierre said.
    • Chapter 12: So This Is Love…?

“Well, you’re a big hit with my parents. They absolutely adored you.” Raoul said happily. Kayla chuckled. “Yeah, I was hoping they would.” They arrived at Kayla’s door. “So, I’m here.” she said. “Yes, you are.” Raoul said. “Do you want to come in? Then maybe we can have some coffee?” Kayla asked. Raoul nodded. “Sure.” he said. Kayla opened the door and entered. After Raoul came in, he shut the door behind him. Kayla found a note on the refrigerator. “Gone to visit grandparents. See you Monday! Love, Gaby and Greg. P.S. In case you didn’t know, we’re siblings.” “What does it say?” Raoul asked. “It says: “Gone to visit grandparents. See you Monday! Love, Gaby and Greg. P.S. In case you didn’t know, we’re siblings.”.” Kayla said. “So, that means we have the room for our selves, right?” Raoul asked. “What are you suggesting?” Kayla asked. Raoul grabbed her by the waist. “I think you know.” he said and started to kiss Kayla’s neck. “Raoul, Raoul, we can’t… Come on, we can’t…” Kayla stuttered. But Kayla couldn’t fight it. It felt so good. And finally she completely surrendered to Raoul. “Take me.” she whispered. While they were wildly kissing each other, they walked into Kayla’s room. “Wait,” Raoul said, “we can’t, do it on a one person bed.” “Well, then I should tell you: I do yoga.” Kayla said. She threw Raoul on her bed and laid on top of him.

The next morning Kayla woke up. It was Sunday. She was lying on top of Raoul with her head on his naked chest. She felt his heart beat. For the first time, she got a really clear view of his body. It was very masculine. She guessed that was the result of playing polo and basketball. Kayla looked up. He was so quiet. So peaceful. Kayla wanted to lie like that forever. “Good morning.” Raoul moaned. His fingers tenderly caressed her bare thigh and moved his hand, up to her chest. “Good morning to you too.” Kayla said. “I’m going to make some coffee.” Kayla got out of bed and put on her robes. She walked to the kitchen and started to make coffee. Raoul snuck up on her form behind. He grabbed her by the waist and kissed her neck. He lowered her robes, so her shoulders became visible. “Raoul! Come on, stop. The blinds are open.” Kayla said. “Sorry, I can’t help myself.” Raoul said and he stopped. He sat down at the breakfast table. “When’s your birthday?” he asked. “The up coming Friday.” Kayla said and brought Raoul his coffee. “September 26th?” Raoul asked. “Yep, you got it.” Kayla said. “So, when is your birthday?” she asked. “January 3rd.”Raoul said. “Oh, that’s my cousin Neville’s birthday as well.” Kayla said. “Oh, really?” Raoul asked. “Yes. So, what do you want to do all day?” “I don’t know. Just stay inside. Be with you. If we go outside, the press will follow us everywhere.” Raoul said. “That’s true.” Kayla said. She closed all the blinds and sat down on Raoul’s lap. Raoul kissed her arm and moved up to her neck. Kayla took her robe off. And there they were, making love, again.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 13: Birthday Girl.

Kayla woke up. September 26th. “Yay!” she yelled and jumped out of bed. She ran into the living room. “Happy Birthday!” Greg and Gaby shouted, when Kayla entered the room. “Thanks, you guys!” Kayla said happily. Gaby and Greg gave her a hug. “We have a little something for you.” Greg said. Gaby gave Kayla the present. Kayla un-wrapped it. “Oh, wow! It’s the sweater from the store!” she said happily. “Yes, we saw the way you looked at it, and well, we thought that you’d might like it as your birthday gift.” Greg said. “Ah, thank you guys so much!” Kayla gave Greg and Gaby a hug. “You’re welcome.” they both said.

“…which leads us to the shell Venus is standing on.” Professor Bell said. They were discussing “The Birth of Venus” by Alessandro Botticelli. “Does anyone know what this stands for?” Professor Bell asked. Kayla raised her hand. “Yes, miss Young?” “The shell is the symbol of the feminine sexual organ. It stands for birth, and re-birth. That’s also the reason why the myth tells us that Venus rose up from the sea in the shell. Which also is now named after her.” Kayla said. “Very good, miss Young.” He continued. “Psst.” Kayla heard behind her. Kayla looked behind her. Raoul handed her a note. Kayla turned back around and read it. It said: “Happy Birthday. I’ve got a surprise for you. I’ll meet you at your dorm at around 19.30. See you then. Love, Raoul.” Kayla looked at Raoul. She nodded. Raoul smiled.

Kayla went back to her dorm after her final class. Even though she had spent her entire day listening to her professors from 9 to 4, she was excited. She had been thinking of Raoul’s surprise all day. She kept asking her self what it could be. She stuck her key into the door lock and unlocked the door. When she looked inside it was dark. The blinds were closed and the lights were off. But when she looked closely she saw light coming from her room. It seemed to be candlelight. She stepped inside and noticed that the floor was covered with rose peddles. They formed a path that lead into her room. Kayla flipped the light switch, but the light didn’t go on. Kayla made one step forward and stepped on a piece of paper. She took it of the bottom of her shoe and read it. “Follow Me.” It said. She did as the paper told her to, and followed the trail of rose peddles. She opened her bedroom door and saw a group of small candles on the floor. They formed a heart around something. It was standing straight up. It was wrapped in red, shiny paper. A golden bow finished the masterpiece. If Kayla didn’t know better, she’d think that Greg and Gaby packed in Raoul. Kayla got curious and immediately unwrapped it. She gasped, as she saw what was underneath all that paper. A mannequin was wearing a red dress. Kayla looked closely, and thought it looked like the same one Julia Roberts wore in “Pretty Woman”. She slowly walked around it and admired its small, shiny glitters. Then, she found another piece of paper. It was attached to the front of the dress with a paperclip. Kayla took it off and read it. “Wear Me.” It said. Then she noticed a shoe box on her bed. She opened it and found a pair of white shoes with red accents. Again, she found a note. “Wear Us Too!” It said. Kayla chuckled. Was this the surprise? Or was it a part of the surprise? Kayla let her hand glide down the small glitter particles of the dress. Kayla looked at her watch. 16.37. She had to get ready. She blew out the candles, took her clothes off and took a shower. After that she put on the dress and shoes, and did her hair and make up. Kayla looked at her clock on the wall. 19.25. She had to wait 5 more minutes for Raoul to come. She decided to also take a small purse with her. She searched through her closet to find one that was red. “Aha, gotcha!” she said and pulled out a small, red hand purse. Then she heard someone coming in. Kayla heard Gaby’s voice shouting: “Kayla! Girl, where you at?” Kayla came out of her bedroom. “Oh, wow!  Will you look at that?” Gaby grinned. Then suddenly Greg stuck his head in from around the corner. “Gab, come on. Raoul’s going to be here in a minute, so we’d better… Whoa! Oh my God! Kayla you look incredible. I would turn straight for you!” Greg said. Kayla chuckled. “Thanks.” “Gab, come on. We have to go.” Greg said. He pulled Gaby away and before he closed the door he said: “Go, girl!” And he shut the door. Kayla sighed. Suddenly she heard someone knocking. “It’s him. Okay, here it goes.” She said to herself. She opened the door. Raoul was standing in front of her, wearing a black tuxedo.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 14: The Perfect Birthday Gift.

“Good evening. Nice to see you again.” Raoul said, as if they hadn’t seen each other for years. Kayla chuckled. “It’s nice to see you too.” “Ready?” He asked her. Kayla nodded. “Oki-doki.” Raoul said. He took out a blindfold out of his breast-pocket. “What are you doing?” Kayla asked him. “It’s part of the surprise.” Raoul said. “You mean this wasn’t the surprise?” Kayla pointed at her dress. “It’s half of the surprise. Come on, turn around so I can cover your eyes.” Kayla looked a bit skeptical, but then she gave in. She turned around and Raoul covered her eyes with the blindfold. “I will blame you if I trip on something and break a bone.” She joked. Raoul chuckled. “Don’t worry. Hold my hands and follow my voice.” Raoul held Kayla’s hands and helped her to the car. “Duck, or else your head will hit the top of the car.” Raoul said. Kayla ducked and carefully stepped into the car. Kayla couldn’t see a thing, but she heard Raoul closing the car door. She heard the engine start, and felt that the car was moving. “You’re not kidnapping me, are you?” Kayla asked jokingly. “No, of course not.” Raoul said. Kayla thought about what the surprise could be, while the car gently rode to their destination. Suddenly the car stopped. “Ah, we’re here.” Raoul said. Kayla heard him opening the car door. “Take my hand.” He said. Kayla waved her hand around and she finally caught Raoul’s hand. She carefully stepped out of the car. “Can I take the blinds off?” She asked. “Yes.” Raoul said. Kayla took the blinds off and gasped, as she saw what the surprise was. Raoul took her to a theatre which had a huge logo of The Phantom of the Opera on the front. “How did you know?” She asked Raoul. “With a little help from Gaby and Greg.” Raoul said. Kayla smiled. “Shall we?” He asked. Kayla nodded and they entered the theatre building.

“Thank you, I really enjoyed it!” Kayla said after Raoul dropped her off at her dorm. “I’m glad you liked it.” Raoul said. “Tomorrow is my father’s birthday. He’s turning 50. It’s going to be this very boring party, well, ball, with royalties and people who think they’re on top of the world because they’re Royal. And I want you to come with me. As my date.” Raoul said. “Raoul, are you sure it’s okay with your parents?” Kayla asked him. “Yeah, I mean they loved you at dinner, right? Come on. I’ll be bored out of my skull if you don’t come with me.” Raoul said. “Alright. I’ll go.” Kayla said. “Thank you.” Raoul said and kissed her. “You’re welcome.” Kayla said. She stuck her key into the lock and unlocked the door. She stepped inside and turned around. “Goodnight.” She quickly gave Raoul a kiss and slowly closed the door.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 15: The Birthday Ball.

The palace was brightly decorated. Mercedeses, BMWs, and Bentleys pulled up the driveway. Out of all the cars women in fancy dresses and men in expensive-looking tuxedos stepped out. Kayla felt a little out of place. She wore the same red dress she wore on her birthday. As the car pulled up the drive way, Kayla saw Raoul standing in front of the huge palace doors. The car stopped and Kayla got out. Raoul saw her and walked up to her. “You made it.” He said gladly. “Yeah.” Kayla said. “Shall we?” Raoul held out his arm. Kayla put her arm around his and they walked inside.

Kayla held her champagne glass in her hands and looked around, while Raoul was talking to his friends. She drank the last bit, and her glass was empty. Then Raoul pulled her arm. He took her to his friends. “This is Kayla.” He said. Immediately Raoul’s friends started to shake her hand and they introduced themselves. All Kayla did was to be polite, smile, and say: “Hi, Kayla, nice to meet you.” Suddenly a voice from behind said: “Raoul!” Raoul and Kayla both turned around. “Oh, hi Sylvia.” Raoul didn’t seem to be very excited to see her. “And who is this?” Sylvia looked at Kayla. “This is Kayla. My girlfriend.” Raoul placed his hand on Kayla’s hip and moved her closer. “Oh, hi, Kayla. I’m Sylvia Torruna. I’m the daughter of the duke and duchess and I’m Raoul’s ex-girlfriend.” Sylvia said. Kayla smiled and shook her hand. “How fascinating. How you can first have me and then move to…” Sylvia paused. “…her.” Sylvia gave Kayla a dirty look. “Yeah, I’ve really moved up. I told you I could do better.” Raoul said. He turned to Kayla. “Let’s go,” he said, and pulled her away.
      They went out into the garden. It was beautiful. It had rose bushes everywhere with fountains that had little angels spitting water. Raoul and Kayla sat down on a bench. “Do you want to tell me about it?” Kayla asked. “Tell you what?” Raoul asked. “What happened between you and Sylvia?” Kayla said. Then he started to tell: “Sylvia and I had been going out for three years. I felt like we were right, so I asked her to marry me. When I proposed, I proposed in public,” he paused. Kayla felt like she knew what happened next. “I thought she wanted it as well, but she didn’t. She humiliated me in front of everybody. She didn’t even say sorry. She was as cold as ice. I couldn’t believe it. My heart broke into millions of pieces. But then again, if she didn’t turn me down, I wouldn’t be with you.” Raoul gave Kayla a kiss. “Ah, that’s sweet. The part about that you wouldn’t be with me, not the part about Sylvia breaking your heart. And I promise you, that I’ll never break your heart into millions of pieces.” Kayla said. “Ditto.” Raoul said. They laughed. “Come on, let’s go back inside and dance.” Kayla stood up and pulled Raoul back inside.

“My roommates are gone for the weekend. They’ll return on Monday. How about you and I have a little rendez-vous tomorrow morning? Maybe you could wear that sexy, black negligee I bought you?” Raoul whispered in her ear. “Ooh, monsieur! See you tomorrow morning, 8 am?” Kayla said. Raoul nodded. Kayla winked at Raoul, gave him a quick kiss and got into the car. And from behind a bush, someone had been listening to their conversation.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 16: Breaking Up.

Kayla woke up at 9 am. After she got out of bed she took a shower. She dried her hair with her Baby-Liss Hairdryer 4000 and started to search through her closet. “Ha, found it.” She said. She took out the sexy, black negligee. She put it on and stood in front of her mirror. “Raoul’s a guy, but he certainly knows how to buy lingerie,” she said. She looked at the label. Versace. She smiled. Then she slipped into her Salvatore Ferragamo flats and put on a long coat that reached her ankles. She quickly grabbed two champagne-glasses and the bottle of champagne in the fridge. She left her dorm room and went to Raoul’s room. The campus was pretty deserted. She unlocked Raoul’s door with the key he gave her. She carefully opened the door; she didn’t want to wake Raoul. She sneaked into his bedroom, and what she saw there, broke her heart. Raoul lay in his bed, almost naked with only a boxer short on. But that’s not what shocked her. What shocked the hell out of her, was the fact that Sylvia was lying next to him. Naked. Kayla’s heart broke into millions of pieces. The glasses and the bottle of champagne slipped out of her hands and shattered on the hard wooden floor. Raoul woke up. He looked to his left. “Sylvia?” Then he looked at who was standing in his doorway. “Kayla?” Kayla didn’t answer. She was so disgusted she couldn’t talk. She just stood there and stared at him. Her eyes were full of rage. Raoul looked down, at her feet. A puddle of champagne and shattered glass surrounded her feet. Then she whispered: “How could you?” “What?” Raoul asked. “How could you?!” Kayla screamed. Her eyes started to tear up. “You promised! You promised!” She screamed. Raoul jumped out of bed. He quickly put on his boxers and trousers. Sylvia woke up. “Oh, hi Kayla.” She said with an evil grin. Kayla couldn’t stand it anymore. She turned around and walked to the door. Raoul stopped her by grabbing her arm. “Kayla, wait. It’s not what…” “Don’t touch me!” She screamed and pushed Raoul away. “You know this is my first intimate relationship. You know that I didn’t go into a relationship before, because I was afraid this would happen. And on top of that, you promised that you would never break my heart into millions of pieces! You promised!” Raoul had no words. “Kayla, please. You know I love you!” Raoul said, but it had no use. Kayla shook her head. “We’re over, and I never want to see you again!” Kayla shouted. She opened the door, stepped out and slammed the door shut. Raoul stood in the empty dorm. He stared at the door. Then, full of rage he grabbed Sylvia by the arm and threw her out. “Stay the hell away from me!” He shouted. “Is that a threat?” Sylvia asked shamelessly. “You bet your ass it is. And I mean it. You stay away from me, my family and Kayla!” Then he slammed the door shut.

Kayla ran back to her dorm. When she got there, she stormed in and slammed the door shut. Then she collapsed and burst out in tears. Greg and Gaby woke up. They saw Kayla sitting on the floor, crying. Gaby and Greg immediately kneeled down next to her. “Kayla, what’s wrong? What happened?” Gaby asked. “I, I… When I walked in-inside I s-saw him-him lying on his-his bed, with a-a naked Syl-Sylvia!” Kayla sobbed. “Oh, Kayla.” Greg said. Gaby and Greg wrapped their arms around Kayla. “It must have been awful for you.” Gaby said. “He’s such a jackass. I wish there was something I could do.” Greg said. “There’s nothing you can do. It’s all up to me. I have to forget and get over him. But it’s hard.” Kayla sobbed. “We’ll help.” Greg offered. “Really?” Kayla asked. Gaby nodded. “Yep.”
      “Thanks, you guys!” Kayla said a little gladder and hugged them.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 17: Leaving Everything Behind.

Headmaster Lipton woke up. He yawned. He walked over to his mailbox to check his mail. There was only one letter. He took it out of the box and read the words on the envelope. “To: Headmaster Lipton.” It said. It couldn’t have been a letter from the school board. There was no logo. When he turned the envelope around to open it, he saw the name Kayla Young. Lipton opened the envelope, took the letter out and started to read it.

Dear headmaster Lipton,

I’m not good at writing formal letters, so I’ll just do it my way. This is my letter of resignation. I found out that Cadigo doesn’t suite me, so I’m going back to Cambridge. Don’t worry, I’ve arranged everything myself. You probably wonder why I’m leaving. I could tell you, but I think it’s better if I don’t. If I had written the reason down and this letter ends up in the wrong hands, there would be nothing but chaos. I don’t want your campus to turn into a circus. You may not know the reason why I’m leaving, but I do. (duh!) I just can’t stay here. It’s not because of you, or the school. It’s personal. I’m sorry. Please don’t be angry with me.

Kayla Young
      P.S. Thanks for everything!

Lipton was stunned. “And she had so much potential.” He lamented. He had to take a deep breath to stop himself from crying.

Greg woke up. He stepped out of bed and walked to kitchen. When he walked to refrigerator, he noticed a letter on the fridge door. He took it off and read what was written on the front. To: Gaby and Greg. Greg unfolded the letter. Then he quickly ran into Gaby’s room. He shook Gaby awake. “Gaby! Gaby! It’s a letter from Kayla!” Gaby woke up. “What?” She asked sleepy. “A letter from Kayla.” Gaby sat up straight. They read the letter.

Hi guys,

You’re probably thinking: “Why the hell is she writing us a letter?” Well, I quit. I’m going back to Cambridge. I can’t stay here. It hurts too much. When I walked past his door, I burst out in tears. I can’t stop thinking about him. And Cadigo isn’t that big. There are just too many memories here, and I can’t handle it. Every little thing reminds me of him. It’s just too much. And I need time. Just some time for me. I’m going back to my parents. I need them right now.  Not that I don’t need you, but I just want to be with my parents. Especially my mummy. Please understand, and please don’t be angry with me.

All my love,
      Kayla.
      P.S. Don’t try to let Lipton stop me. I’ve already sent him my letter of resignation.

“That jackass! I can’t believe it! Look at what he did! He drove her away! I will kick his ass.” Greg said angry. “I know. But we have to give them some time. Both of them.” Gaby said. “What?!” Greg asked. “There’s something fishy about this Sylvia-Raoul thing.” Gaby said.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 18: Getting Over It.

Kayla arrived on her parents’ doorstep. She took a deep breath and pushed the doorbell. Her mother and father opened the door. “Kayla?” Her father Danny couldn’t believe it. “Oh, my! What a surprise!” Her mother shouted happily. When Laura saw the sadness on her daughter’s face, she immediately let her in. Kayla wrapped her arms around her mother. “Mummy, daddy, I need you.” She sobbed.
      “…and that’s it.” Kayla told her parents about what happened between her and Raoul. “Oh, honey. That must have been awful.” Her mother said. Kayla sadly nodded. “You can stay here for as long as you want. To get your life back on track,” her father said. “Thanks.” Kayla hugged her parents.

“It’s an outrage!” In Cadigo the entire Royal House had heard about what Sylvia had done. “Daddy, please!” Sylvia begged, but had no use. She had damaged the reputation of the Torruna family. “Three years. Three years, I have tried to make everyone forget about what you did to Raoul, and to restore our name and reputation. Three years, I have begged and pleaded for the forgiveness of the king and queen. And then you dare to ruin it again by pulling a stunt like this?! You’re lucky the news hasn’t gotten to the press yet. Or the press would have a field-day.” Duke Mikhail Torruna lectured Sylvia on her behavior. “Well, I hope you’re proud of yourself. Once again, you’ve managed to destroy and humiliate us. I hope you’re proud of you’re own actions, because I sure as hell am not! You can’t be a Torruna. You are a disgrace to us!” Frustrated, he walked away, into his office to smoke a cigar. “Shame on you. I thought I had raised you well, you said that you’d change, but once again, you’ve let me down.” Duchess Stella Torruna shook her head and walked away, to her husband. Martin, Sylvia’s younger brother started to clap his hands. “Let’s give it up for Sylvia Torruna. The master in the category of ruining people’s lives.” He stopped clapping and started to lecture her as well. “I’m 18. I’m 18 and I don’t even have a girlfriend. I’ve only had one date. Only one, damn it! And it’s all thanks to you. No girl wants to date me again, because of you. Because of my freaked out, crazy-ass sister. You scare them off. You scare them off, damn it! They’re afraid that I’m exactly like you. Well I’ll tell you a little something. I thank God everyday, for making me completely different than you. It’s hard enough to be your brother, let alone be exactly like you. And you know what? I agree with dad. You can’t be a Torruna.” Martin went up to his room. He had no need to spend more time with Sylvia in the same room. As Sylvia sat alone in the empty family room she started to think. I’m such a monster. What have I done? As she started to think about her own actions, she cried. She cried buckets, as she realized the mistakes she’d made.

On the other side of Minidio, Raoul was having a hard time forgetting. He kept thinking of Kayla. He also tried to find out what really happened. He had been trying to reach Kayla for hours. He kept calling, but he only got to the answering machine.
      “Hi, you’ve reached the answering machine of Gaby,” Gaby’s voice said. “Greg,” Greg’s voice said. “and Kayla! Leave your name, number and a message after the tone, and we’ll get back to you!” Kayla’s voice said. “I was supposed to say that!” Greg’s voice said on the background. “No, that was Kayla’s line.” Gaby’s voice said. “You guys, we’re still recording.” Kayla’s voice said. “Oh, well, leave your name, number and a message after the tone, and we’ll get back to you!” Greg’s voice said. Beep… Raoul hung up. When he heard the message for the first time, he couldn’t stop laughing. “Okay, this is ridiculous. I can just walk right to her.” Raoul said to himself. He put his shoes on, and left for Kayla’s dorm. When he arrived, he knocked on the door. Greg opened. “What do you want?” He asked, as soon as he saw who it was knocking on their door. “I need to speak with Kayla.” Raoul said. “Kayla’s not here.” Greg said. “Can you tell me where she is?” Raoul asked. “Wait here.” Greg said. He closed the door. A few minutes later he opened it again. Greg handed Raoul a piece of paper. It was the letter Kayla wrote to Greg and Gaby. “She went back to Cambridge?” Raoul asked shocked, after he had read the letter. Greg nodded. “We don’t really think you slept with Sylvia, something else must have happened, but she was gone before we could even tell her.” Greg said. “Oh no, what have I done?!” Raoul said. “So you did sleep with Sylvia?!” Greg asked him. “No, I swear. I would have remembered. I just figured that,” he paused. “I’ve got to find her. Do you have her address in Cambridge?” Raoul asked. Greg shook his head. “Sorry, no,” he said. “It’s okay; I’ll find a way to find her.” Raoul said. As he turned around, Greg remembered something. “Raoul, I have her parents’ phone number. Maybe you can find the address by using the phone number. In her letter she said she’s going to her parents. Maybe she’s still there.” Raoul’s face brightened up. “What’s the number?” He asked. “Wait.” Greg went inside, and got the phone number. “Here it is.” He handed it to Raoul. “Thanks, man.” Raoul said.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 19: Back In Cambridge.

In Cambridge, Kayla was unpacking her bags. She looked around. It had been a long time since she was in her old room. Her parents hadn’t replaced anything. It was still the same. As she was taking her clothes out of her bags and putting them in her closet, she found a picture of her and Raoul. It was a picture they took when they were at the carnival. They took it in a photo booth. They decorated it with hearts, stars and the words Together Forever. She thought back at that time. “Come on, it’s fun!” Kayla pulled Raoul into a photo booth. She inserted 50p and they took the photo. “Now what?” Raoul asked. “We decorate it.” Kayla clicked the hearts and stars. “It’s still missing something.” Raoul said. He scrolled down the screen, and found the finishing touch. He clicked the words Together Forever. “There, now it’s done,” he said. “Let’s print.” Kayla said.
      “Kayla!” Kayla came back form her imagination. She looked up. “Dinner’s ready.” Her mother said. “Okay, I’ll be right down.” Laura went back downstairs. “Hmm, together forever, my ass.” She tore the picture apart and threw the half that had Raoul on it, in the bin. As she went downstairs she heard two voices she hadn’t heard in a long time. “Sandra, Marty?!” She said when she reached the bottom of the stairs. “Kaylsie!” They both said and quickly wrapped their arms around Kayla. “Oh my god, you guys! I’ve missed you so much!” Kayla said. “We’ve missed you too!”
      Laura had made an incredible dinner. Mashed potatoes with grilled chicken and gravy. It was Kayla’s favorite meal. “So, does this mean you’re staying here in Cambridge?” Marty asked. Kayla nodded. “Yes. I’m staying. Raoul and I are over. I have nothing left there.” Then she thought of Gaby and Greg. Except for them, she thought. “Except for an education at one of the finest universities in the world.” Sandra said. “Sandra, I…” “I know. I would have done the same if I were you.” Sandra said.

“Dinner was delicious, Mrs. Young. Thank you.” Marty said. “Yes, thank you. It was very nice.” Sandra said. “Hey, guys. Do you want to go out tomorrow? Just the three of us. Like in the old days.” Kayla asked Sandra and Marty. “Of course.” Sandra said. “Absolutely.” Marty said. “So, is at 12 okay?” Kayla asked. “Perfect.” They both said. Marty and Sandra gave Kayla a hug and then they left. “Thank you for inviting them, mum. I really needed that.” Kayla hugged her mother. “And thank you too, dad.” Kayla hugged her father. “You’re welcome.” He said.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 20: Making Up.

Kayla woke up at 10 am. She stretched her arms and got out of bed. As she walked downstairs, she could already smell the pancakes and waffles. “Good morning, sunshine!” Her father said. “Good morning dad.” Kayla sat down at the breakfast table. “Here you go, honey.” Laura put down a plate with some pancakes on it. Kayla grabbed a knife and a fork and started to dig in.
      After breakfast, Kayla took a shower and got ready for her afternoon with Marty and Sandra. At 12, the doorbell rang. Danny opened the door. “Hey, Marty, Sandra. Come on in. Kayla will be ready in a few minutes.” “Thanks Mr. Young.” Sandra said. Sandra and Marty walked inside and waited in the living room. Just as they sat down, Kayla came running down the stairs. “Hey guys,” she said. “Let’s go.”

“It feels good being back in Cambridge. I never thought I would, but I actually missed it.” Kayla said. Kayla, Marty and Sandra were walking around in the central of Cambridge. “Come on, let’s get a drink.” Sandra said. They bought a banana milkshake at The Shake Palace. They sat down at a table. “How are you going to explain this to Chilton?” Sandra asked. “I guess I’ll just say Cadigo doesn’t suite me.” Kayla said. “Do you think he’ll buy it?” Marty asked. “I hope he does.” Kayla said. As Kayla looked around the mall she noticed something. “Look, a photo booth. Let’s take our picture.” She said. Kayla, Mart and Sandra stuffed themselves into the booth. “Okay, smile, or make funny faces.” Marty said. He inserted 80p, and the booth started to take pictures. When they were done, they stepped out and took the pictures out of the slot. “One photo each.” Marty said. “I want this one.” Sandra said, and tore one of the pictures apart from the other two. “I’ll take this one.” Kayla tore another one apart from the other photo. “Look at your face!” Sandra laughed, and pointed at Marty’s face on her photo. The flashes of light almost blinded him, and the result was a funny face. Kayla laughed. “Look at my face!” She pointed at her own face on her picture. “Oh my god, you look like a raccoon!” Marty said. “Well, you look like mental monkey on this one!” she pointed at Marty’s face on her photo.

“Come on, you have to stay for dinner.” Kayla said. Marty and Sandra gave in, and hung their coats up. They sat down in the living room. “What have you kids done all day?” Danny asked. “We went to the mall, had fun and we hade our picture taken in a photo booth.” Kayla showed him her picture. “Haha, Marty you look like a mental monkey on this picture!” He laughed. “That’s what I said!” Kayla laughed. Suddenly someone knocked on the door. “I’ll get it.” Kayla stood up and walked to the door.
      “What the hell are you doing here?!” Kayla shouted as she saw who was standing in front of her. From all around people opened their windows and doors to see what was happening. “I thought I made it very clear. I told you I never wanted to see you again! We’re over!” Kayla shouted. “I don’t think we are.” Raoul said. “I think, no, I know you still love me.” Raoul said. “Oh really, and why is that?” Kayla asked him. “Otherwise you would have slammed the door in my face.” Raoul said. “Fine.” Kayla said. She wanted to close the door, but Raoul stopped it with his foot. “I didn’t have sex with Sylvia!” Raoul shouted. “Ooh…” The neighbors who were watching said. “I know what I saw. So how the hell am I supposed to believe you?!” Kayla asked him angrily.
      “Because he’s actually telling the truth.” A voice said. Kayla stuck her head around the door and Raoul looked behind him. “Sylvia?!” Raoul said. “You’ve got some nerve showing up here.” Kayla said even more furious than before. “Please, just let me explain,” she begged. “Alright.” Kayla said. She crossed her arms.
      Sylvia started to tell: “Before you left the Birthday Ball, I heard your conversation. I hid behind a bush. After you left, I started to make a plan. To break you up. And Raoul, you remember that after Kayla left, you drank a glass of champagne, right?” Raoul nodded. “I drugged it. I put two mashed sleeping pills in it. And once you lost consciousness, I took you back to your dorm. At campus. I stripped you, and I put you in bed. I slept on your sofa. I set an alarm to go off at 7.50 am. I put it under my pillow, so it wouldn’t wake you. When my alarm went off, I undressed and I lay next to you. And that’s it.” Kayla was stunned. All she could say was: “Why?” “I don’t know. I guess I just wanted to be the only girlfriend Raoul has ever had. I didn’t want him to be someone else. Someone better. So, I guess I was… jealous.” Sylvia said. “I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me.” “So, you were telling the truth. You didn’t sleep with her?” Kayla said. Raoul shook his head. “Of course not. I wouldn’t dare to.” “Raoul, I’m so sorry!” Kayla started to tear up and she wrapped her arms around Raoul. “It’s okay. I don’t blame you.” Raoul said. Kayla pressed her lips on Raoul’s lips. “Kayla,” he said. Kayla let go of him. “What?” She asked him. “I have a question.” Raoul said. Raoul knelt down on one knee. “Oh, my god!” Kayla said. “Kayla, maybe it’s a little too soon, but I can’t wait.” Raoul took out a little box. A box that was big enough for an engagement ring. “Kayla Young, will you marry me?” Raoul asked. Kayla immediately answered: “Yes, of course. Yes, I will!” Raoul opened the box and showed the ring. It was beautiful golden ring with a modest, but beautiful diamond on it. Raoul took the ring out of the box, and shoved it on Kayla’s finger. From all around people who had been listening and watching started to cheer and shout, as well as Sandra, Marty, Laura, Danny and even Sylvia. Kayla and Raoul kissed each other. Kayla smiled. “My prince,” she said.