Skins Discussion Thread

• Anyone seen this picture of the American Skins cast?

I know this is going to sound extremely shallow... but I don't find any of them very attractive. The guy in the middle isn't too bad looking and the girl with her face turned looks kind of pretty. The others look too ordinary and unappealing to me.

I think they're going to ruin the skins image. I'm an American and I can't help but think "God, those stupid Americans. They have to ruin everything."
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with
      white noise, pills, and Jesus[/CENTER][/COLOR]
    • lcky wrote:

I know this is going to sound extremely shallow...

Why yes it did. Lemme guess you look better? pah! you need a brain dirtying stat

Anywise I watched skins last night. Was fucking awful. The episode about JJ was enjoyable, it had funny moments and was pretty light-hearted. The ones with effy are fucking dire. She is the most boring character to ever befoul my television. She just sits there looking depressed and having multiple nervous breakdowns every waking second of her life. I get it she's insane! can we move along now? Her "story" could have been told in 5 minutes.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Techno Viking: fucked up the damn quote fuck ().

• lcky wrote:

Anyone seen this picture of the American Skins cast?

I think they're going to ruin the skins image. I'm an American and I can't help but think "God, those stupid Americans. They have to ruin everything."

I think they look too average. I know that's not an official photo but it looks like a terrible photo of some normal teenagers. I couldn't picture any of them as actors or starring in a TV show. Especially that one guy on the left with the long hair. If you ask me, it looks like they've tried to get someone to fit every style and fit them into one group and it just doesn't look right. Generally, a lot of people who are friends have the same "styles" and they fit together, but here it looks like there's a big range of, well, stereotypes really, and they don't look like they would be friends. They just look awkward. And whatever those two at the front are doing with their hands, that's just embarassing.

Fortunately, living in England I porbably won't get the chance to watch the US version, which, by the looks of it, is a good thing, but maybe it'll turn out okay.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tg4 ().

• Techno Viking wrote:

lcky wrote:

I know this is going to sound extremely shallow... /QUOTE]

Why yes it did. Lemme guess you look better? pah! you need a brain dirtying stat

I said that I personally was not attracted to them, which is just an opinion.
      Also, I wasn't talking about the way that I look and I don't plan to be on TV anytime soon. Anyways, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Sorry if I'm honest enough to say it. It's a harsh reality, but people don't usually want to watch unattractive people on TV. I just can't see people getting attached to those faces.

To tg4: That is exactly what I mean.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with

The post was edited 1 time, last by lcky ().

• I tell you what is shallow though, go on the skins website and read all of the comments. The majority of them are "OMG how could you kill freddie he was the best looking one and was the best character OMG Skins is ruined." Apparently Skins is "ruined" because the best looking one was killed, right... For a start Freddie wasn't a good character. He was boring, all he did was whinge about Effy, especially in Series 3, and he was just kind of there. He didn't really do much, just drifted about. The main argument for Skins being ruined is not the character that was killed off, it's the fact they were killed off in such a brutal way. This is obviously not the original Skins anymore. I just feel sorry for these people who are annoyed the "best looking" one was killed off. They're obviously that materialistic that they don't watch the show for the storylines or the drama, just to see a "good-looking" person, no matter how boring their character is.
    • Freddie had no depth whatsoever. He's (was) a really like-able guy and he's a fantastic friend, but he doesn't make for a good character in a TV show. He's really cute, but if I wanted to look at hot faces I'd just go look at abercrombie models.

I don't really understand why people love Freddie/Effy so much. Their whole relationship is shallow. Freddie liked Effy just from seeing her, not from knowing her. He doesn't understand her at all. I've thought Effy and Cook were a better match from the beginning.

The post was edited 1 time, last by lcky ().

• I hated the love triangle storyline all through series 3. It was dull and I disliked all of the characters involved in it. I always hated Cook (although my opinion of him has improved this season), I thought Freddie was boring, and Effy was just unpredictable and her decisions were just daft. I hated the fact that it was the central storyline to the 3rd series and that it got so much air time, because, frankly, I couldn't have cared less about it. I'm glad they chose it to have less of an integral role this time round. I've got to say though, as much as I don't really like them, I did like Freddie's episode of this series a lot. It was some powerful stuff and I found it interesting. And then the climax left me shocked, but not in the bad way that the last episode did, in a way that I found the scene very emotional and I was left wanting more. Last night after the credits had run I was stunned. I can honestly admit I was speechless, I just sat there for a minute or two running it over in my head, but not because it was good, because it was so out of the blue, uncalled for, and disturbing mainly.
    • Haha. While I was watching the end of last nights episode I too was completely speechless. As the credits began rolling I was like "what... the... ****!" I probably used a few more expletives than that, can't remember. After the previews for next week were over, I just sat there in silence for a few minutes, wondering if I had really just watched that.

I thought Freddie's episode was alright. I enjoyed seeing Katie and Cook in it mostly. It was just weird and depressing though.

I still think Emily's episode was the best though. It had a good amount of cute moments, but was also very dramatic and very well-acted. The rooftop scene was heart wrenching. Second best would have to be Katie's episode. I love the Fitch family.
      Oh, Cook's episode was great too. I love seeing Cook's soft side. I love Naomily, but I don't think I'd mind Naomi and him gettin busy. They'd make a good couple I think. They're really similar.

The post was edited 2 times, last by lcky ().

• I liked it... right up until that death. You know... of the good character? I'm talking about Chris, obviously. He was the best character they had on the damn show, and they killed him off. I got well upset at that, seriously.
      Anyrate, series 3 & 4 have been utter wank. Boring, and it's same old same old now.

PLUS... I really don't like Katie, Naomi, Effy, Cooke, or Freddy.
      [RIGHT][SIZE=2]Be creative - formspring.me/DannyRar[/SIZE][/RIGHT]

[LEFT][SIZE=2]People say I only see what I want to. So why do I see you?![/SIZE][/LEFT]
    • You know what I just thought of today? Freddie's death was necessary for his friends' character growth. JJ, Cook, and Effy were too reliant on Freddie. He was always saving them. For their story lines to be concluded, Freddie needed to be ripped from their lives. JJ won't have Freddie to save him from situations he's uncomfortable in, he won't be there to save Cook when he's done or is doing something stupid, and Effy won't have him to look after her when she's gone mental. They'll have to adapt, even further, and I think by the end at least JJ and Cook will be well-adjusted.
      Although it's sad, and was pretty ridiculous, Freddie's death was best for everyone.

I need to go back and watch all the episodes from last season and this season. I might be able to make a better argument that way. I'm only going by the things I can remember.
    • BarCa_FReaK wrote:

illegally if outside uk?

Show should be 10 episodes every season about Cook now, or keep him and bring in a new cast again for Season 5, miss the old days.

They always bring in a completely new cast at the end of one generation. This generation was kind of an exception since Effy and Pandora did return, however the only person likely to return is James Fitch, the writers said they're trying to get him to cross over somehow. Also it's highly unlikely Cook will be returning considering what a lot of people presume will happen to him in the last episode, where he kills John Foster and gets arrested for it. But...we don't really know how it'll end up, but that makes sense for Cook's character and getting rid of him and Foster at the end of the series.
    • When I first found of that Cook had a little brother I was like "oh, he'll probably be in the next series." I don't know though. I don't think that James Fitch or Patty have that... like.. "it" factor to be the main characters of the next generation.

It would be amazing if some of the characters from season 3 and 4 made appearances though.