Skins Discussion Thread

• Mostly the complete shite part though, Humanity. Series 3&4 make me want to shit in my eyeballs. Seriously. =[

each his own but this murder mystery crap is shite.
      series one was hit by a bus; soap opera rip.
      ended series 2 by a touching funeral and hopeful futures

i just hope it pans out to be a good episode.
      a suitable ending
      "Something to relieve the pressures of their everyday life, like having to tie their shoes. "
    • I'm feeling in the mood for predicting what's going to happen in the final episode tomorrow. The official website says:

"With their A-level results in for most of the gang, thoughts about the past and the future are on their minds.

Thomas is running fast, Katie is doing her best to match make, JJ is baby sitting, Cookie’s up to his old tricks, Emily’s confused and Naomi’s had enough. Effy is released and pining for Freddie. But no-one knows where he is. And Pandora has news of her own, but is anybody around to listen?

As most of our gang congregate at Naomi’s they’re all trying to get along and make sense of recent events to a backdrop of chaos and 80's music.

Slowly the gang end up in the one place that makes sense. In their final moments they are reunited once more and anything could happen: make-ups, break-ups, punch-ups. But one thing’s for sure, it will be eventful, and for some, there's no going back."

Well that sounds pretty ominous, especially the "there's no going back" part and the whole "final moments". I'm wondering what the "one place that makes sense" is. At first I thought it was Naomi's house but the wording of it makes it seem like they all go to Naomi's for a party and then go to the place. Maybe it's John Foster's house? But then that wouldn't really make sense.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tg4 ().

• Honestly I have no idea what to expect from the finale.

I'm thinking that Cook is going to become somewhat of a hero in the end. I think he will avenge Freddie and Effy by hurting or possibly killing Foster. Whatever he does, I think it will be sort of to make up for everything he did in the past. To redeem himself.

I'm not really sure what more they can do with JJ and Katie, except for the baby sitting and match making thing that was said in the description. Sounds to me those story lines will just be fluff to add them into the finale. Although, I think that Katie could be present enough without her own story line.

I believe everyone will find out that Pandora is super smart. If I remember correctly, she didn't read out her A-levels last week did she? So yeah, I think that might be her big news. She's probably going to a big university or something.

Naomi and Emily... well... they better get a lot of screen time considering Naomi didn't get a flipping episode. At least the group will be at Naomi's so all their story lines might gravitate around her place. Obviously Cook's will, judging by the finale preview. I wonder at what point the police come to Naomi's. It would make sense for it to be at the end. Also, how would the police know that Cook was there and would there be that many police just to retrieve an escaped convict guilty of just punching a guy? That's why it's probable for Cook to have done something to Foster.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the finale until Friday since I live in the states and just last week they decided no one can upload the new episode until the next day :(
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with
      white noise, pills, and Jesus[/CENTER][/COLOR]
    • Woah, I'm just watching E4 (the channel which makes and shows skins) and the announcer's line was "Is Fred dead? This is one Skins you do not want to miss." Now I'm fairly convinced Freddie is definitely dead, and I understand that that's just a way of advertising the show, but it seems a bit suspicious that they would say that if he was definitely dead. Meh... I dunno, it'll be interesting to see what the excuse will be if he is alive.

I think Pandora's big news is that she's found her dad. On Pandora's unseen clip on the Skins website last week she basically found a guy who she worked out was her dad, but by the time she had realised, he had left the building they were in. Other than that, her secret could be anything. Also, she did read out her results, she got a C in philosophy, so I doubt she's going to a particularly good university.

Well, the preview did say anything could happen, and it's looking like it really could.
    • You're right. I just watched it back and Pandora did read it out. So yeah, the dad thing is probably it.

I have no doubt that Freddie is dead. It just makes sense to me and I believe it was necessary. It would make for a happier ending if he was still alive, but I just don't think he is. I want to know how and when everyone finds out though. I would think that news like that would put everyone into a deep depression and how can they all be finalizing their story lines when they're depressed. Unless it is going to be like when Chris died, but for that everyone already knew by the next episode. It sucks because the whole season has been pretty depressing and I want some happy times. I'm just looking forward to seeing how the writers will finish all the story lines and still find enough time to pay some tribute to Freds.

Who knows what could happen.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with
    • After watching the finale I'm left a little deprived. It's like they tried so hard to fit everything into that one episode. At the end I'm like, "Is that it? There has to be another episode." The episode was fantastic, but I don't feel like everything is complete. This season would end perfectly if there was just one more episode, filled with some Naomi and Emily. I don't get why they cut it off there.

I wish that the whole season had been like the finale, with everyone congregating at Naomi's. Actually, just seeing the whole group together was nice (minus Freddie of course).

Naomi was fantastic as usual. I felt like I had hardly heard her talk all season and then this episode it's like, whoa. The way she delivers her lines is amazing. "Arrrrsia.. hmm.."
      I wish I hadn't seen the clip of her confessing her love to Emily before today. It might have left me feeling a little bit happier at the end. Also, I wish she had given Mandy a bigger smack down. Mandy was a beeyotch.

Cook blew me away. He had a good amount of humorous and dramatic scenes. I loved his dancing...and his shirtless body. Although I was getting mad at the end, seeing that there was so little time left, he really became a hero in my eyes. It was a strong scene. I just wish we got to see Foster getting beaten up.

Panda's a genius! I think the fact that her and Thomas are going to Harvard is so cute. They get their happy ending.

Katie really made a huge turn-around this series and I love it. She grew up so much. It really sucks that she can't have children because she would make a great mom.

Effy... eh.. what's to say? She ruined this season in my opinion. She took up two freaking episodes for nothing! Her episode was sooo unnecessary it killllls me to think it could have gone to another episode after the finale.

I'm sad it's over and I can't believe it ended like that. I want more!

The next generation won't have a lot to live up to after this season. The characters better be brilliant though because generation 2's characters were all mostly amazing.

The post was edited 2 times, last by lcky ().

• I wish I could agree, but I spent most the episode, pulling my hair out watching the time tick away till the inevitable end of the episode, only to FINALLY address Freddies murder in the last 3 minutes and not even tell you what happened!
      Would of much preferred it, if it spent less time on the boring Naomi and Katie plot that nobody cares about and more on what happen's to Cook, Effy, Freddies Family, even JJ! But all it was, was a bunch of Girl's talking about crap for half an hour :(

All I can hope is, the next two seasons be like season 1 & 2.
    • I was also left underwhelmed. It felt like too many things were brushed under the carpet. Firstly, it was as if Freddie never existed. No-one seemed particularly bothered that he was gone, and Cook's reaction to going into Foster's house was just stupid. I know he was all drugged up and had had a lot of alcohol before going there, but after finding Freddie's clothes he should have done more than just square up to Foster, he would have been distraught. Then when talking with Foster when he said, "you killed my friend," he just said it as if it meant nothing. I would have at least expected him to be in tears as he realised what had happened to Freddie and when he was arguing with Foster, but I was glad to see Cook give him what he deserved, and liked how they left it on a cliffhanger. That said, they could have tied up some more storylines before that scene, then have it as the final scene as it is now, or they could have had the scene with it ending on a cliffhanger, or have a scene or two afterwards to clear more stuff up. Basically, in a nutshell, I thought that was a fitting ending for Cook, but a rubbish ending for the show.

I just felt too many storylines were left unanswered. The only ones which I feel resolved were Cooks, (obviously) Naomi and Emily's, and Pandora and Thomas's. Nothing at all was really said about JJ, Katie or Effy. Shouldn't Effy have been a bit more out of it knowing that her boyfriend had disappeared. Series 2's finale felt complete, like everyone was accounted for, but something just feels like it's missing here. But I still enjoyed the episode.

On a side not, did anyone else hate Mandy. I don't mean to be shallow, but she really wasn't very good-looking; there was something about her that weirded me out with the thought of people kissing her and what not. And she had an annoying voice. I'm honestly not sure what Emily saw in her, although in hindsight it was probably just to spite Naomi.

Also, one question. John Foster's motives still didn't make much sense. Obviously he felt some kind of sick attraction to Effy and wanted her all to himself, but he already told her he was leaving, which was evident by all the stacked up things in his house. If he was leaving (probably to get away from the scene of the crime) he couldn't exactly take Effy with him, so why would he go to all this effort to get her only to run away without her? Was he going to try and kidnap her while she was surrounded by all of her friends? We really do need one final episode, even if it's just a mini one, just to clear up all these storylines.

The post was edited 3 times, last by tg4 ().

• I think what's most annoying me is the continuity errors. Firstly, at the end of Episode 7 Effy was screaming how she didn't want to see John Foster again, but then she's getting more counselling at the start of Episode 8. But the stupidest thing has to be Thomas and Pandora going to Harvard. I liked that they had a happy ending as I like their characters but the writing here was just stupid. People have said that Harvard don't do sports scholarships (which Thomas took), and he obviously wouldn't have been accepted after being expelled from Roundview and not taking any A-Levels. But the main thing for me was Pandora. In Episode 7 when they all read out their results, Pandora says she got a C in philosophy, and that's it. She then takes out her results paper in Episode 8 and it says allsorts more, like French A*, among the many other A's and A*'s. She says she took some extra exams, but even if she did she would have never have learnt these subjects and would never have gotten to A or A* level in the short time between taking her original exams and taking these exams. And then, by the time she'd got these grades it would have been too late for Harvard to accept her anyway. In the unseen video we see that her "father" lectured at Harvard, but even so there is no way that she would have been accepted to a university a couple of months before the first term starts. She would have had to apply before she took these other exams, and wouldn't have been accepted with one subject (philosophy) which would probably have been predicted at quite a low grade, considering her final result. The main issue is that the writers threw all these issues at the characters, and they just weren't dealt with, or even acknowledged, in later episodes.
    • Mr Jack wrote:

Would of much preferred it, if it spent less time on the boring Naomi and Katie plot that nobody cares about and more on what happen's to Cook, Effy, Freddies Family, even JJ! But all it was, was a bunch of Girl's talking about crap for half an hour :(

I completely disagree with this. Naomi and possibly Katie have more fans than the other characters. Therefore, saying nobody cares about their story lines is ridiculous. Naomi didn't even get her own episode and so she, and all her fans, deserved the screen time that she got in the finale.

Cook got plenty of screen time and resolution. Though I wish we were able to find out if he and Effy ended up together since he is still in love with her.
      JJ's story was complete. He overcame his disability and got the girl of his dreams. He's doing so well that he can even take care of a baby. What more do you want?

Naomi and Panda were the only ones shorted this season and Katie got NO conclusion whatsoever except for becoming a much more like-able person. Cook, Freddie, and Effy got their fair share of screen time this season. Honestly, I preferred Arcia's farting to seeing Effy and Freddie's annoying and depressing faces in the finale. Those two made this season a complete bore fest for me. In my opinion, even if Freddie lived there would be no change between those two. Effy will always be psycho. Freddie would never truly understand. It'd never work.

I think everyone understood why Freddie would run away. Effy put him through a crap load. Also, I think they wanted to show that they didn't NEED him anymore, even though they were hearing his "ghostly" voice, like when Cook was at Foster's and told him to get out. I would have liked to see them all find out about Freddie and how they would have dealt with it. I absolutely hate when movies and TV shows want you to make up the rest and "use our imagination". To me it's just stupid and lazy. I want to effing watch it, not make it up in my head.

I agree with everything you said tg4 and yes, I hated Mandy. I puked in my mouth when she licked her lips while she was talking to Emily. She does nothing for me. I don't understand why Naomi called her cute. Oh, question. Why the frack was Mandy feeling her up? Doesn't make any sense to me that she would do that and then say "if you don't want her, then I do."

I love this generation despite some of the terrible episodes and I love every single character despite some of the things I've said. To me, they're just as great as the first generation. It just depends on what you like and what you relate with. I don't see it being possible for the next generation to top the 1st and 2nd.

I just watched the finale over again. You were talking about how Cook didn't seem upset enough. I think his initial reaction was shock and then complete rage and I don't think he wanted to give Foster the satisfaction of him crying. As he was giving his little speech I could feel the anger in his voice. It was building and building and then when he was finished speaking he screamed and punched Foster.

I also watched the very first episode of season 3 and wow. They have all come sooo far. They're all different people.

The post was edited 2 times, last by lcky ().

• lcky wrote:

A skins movie featuring cast members from gen 1, 2, and 3 has been planned.

Celebrate.

I'll celebrate as long as the plot and characters make sense and it doesn't totally ruin the TV show. I'm always skeptical when they announce film spin-offs of TV shows, just because I don't want them to ruin the TV show by making it some ultra-popular, self-indulgent thing.
    • tg4 wrote:

I'll celebrate as long as the plot and characters make sense and it doesn't totally ruin the TV show. I'm always skeptical when they announce film spin-offs of TV shows, just because I don't want them to ruin the TV show by making it some ultra-popular, self-indulgent thing.

Very true. They better not screw up the Naomily ending.