Age difference

• Re: Age difference

^To the poster above me, my boyfriend and I have that same age difference, he's 19 and I'm 17 and we've been together for going on a year and a half. So it could work.

E. Nygma wrote:

14/15 : Grade 8
      15/16 : Grade 9
      That's...odd. Where I live 8th grade is 13/14 and 9th is 14/15 while 10th is 15/16. I would figure everywhere in the US would be like that.

To the original poster, an age difference may not matter as 2 years isn't much, with that I am speaking from experience as mentioned earlier in this post, my boyfriend and I have an age difference of 2 years and we're in a successful relationship that is going on a year and half. At the same time, the ages between he and I and you and this girl are quite different, and that comes into play as well as the actual age difference itself.

At the girl's age she's probably not interested in a serious and committed long term relationship, so if that's what you're looking for I would say pursuing something with her is pointless, but if that's not what you want and you just want a short "fling" or whatever you want to call it, then by all means, pursue her.

Drezzal wrote:

Its only a 2 year difference, i seen people on chat shows, 16 year old going out with 60 year olds lol, 2 years is no big deal.

I think you've seen something a little too much of the chatshow thingy that's going on, nothing real most of the time, thats for sure.

Anyway back to adramlech and jia ren qu, I don't wonna fuck her oke, well maybe I do...but maybe I don't what the hell?:confused: oke look i really like her, for me theres a big difference in wanting to fuck the girl and liking that girl ;) and in this case it's the second. Anyway like onyxeyes said, 2 years normally wouldn't be a big deal. But your in a stage where your smart enough too make your own decisions, I don't see a 14 year old boy date a 12 year old, it's just so different from a 17 year old girl and 19 year old guy

redhunter1989 wrote:

I think you've seen something a little too much of the chatshow thingy that's going on, nothing real most of the time, thats for sure.

Anyway back to adramlech and jia ren qu, I don't wonna fuck her oke, well maybe I do...but maybe I don't what the hell?:confused: oke look i really like her, for me theres a big difference in wanting to fuck the girl and liking that girl ;) and in this case it's the second. Anyway like onyxeyes said, 2 years normally wouldn't be a big deal. But your in a stage where your smart enough too make your own decisions, I don't see a 14 year old boy date a 12 year old, it's just so different from a 17 year old girl and 19 year old guy

You seem like you've already made your decision...;)
      :hugs:

Relationships with age differences can work. You can't deny that some people make it work =) But i completely agree it's all about maturity. It takes two mature adults to make a relationship work... If one person is older they tend to have different interests, different aims for their relationship, different views on life... than the younger more immature person does. That can be hard to work at.

By no means do I think immaturity is bad! Not at all. All i mean is... younger people have different interests than older people. They enjoy doing different things. They normally have completely different versions of what a good relationship is. They may have totally different ways of dealing with difficult situations. You can understand that?

YellowDaffodil wrote:

By no means do I think immaturity is bad! Not at all. All i mean is... younger people have different interests than older people. They enjoy doing different things. They normally have completely different versions of what a good relationship is. They may have totally different ways of dealing with difficult situations. You can understand that?

and that's where I think, the more mature one needs to realize that the more immature one isn't so mature, and start to think like the immature one, now usually the age differential isn't that big, so the more mature one should know how it's like to be a little more immature since he's /she's been that just a few years back, right?

So what I'm trying to say is, the more mature one needs to adjust to a slightly more younger immature one in the relationship so it works, and try too find a solution that suits both. *I just hope anyone understands what i'm trying to say*:o

redhunter1989 wrote:

and that's where I think, the more mature one needs to realize that the more immature one isn't so mature, and start to think like the immature one, now usually the age differential isn't that big, so the more mature one should know how it's like to be a little more immature since he's /she's been that just a few years back, right?

So what I'm trying to say is, the more mature one needs to adjust to a slightly more younger immature one in the relationship so it works, and try too find a solution that suits both. *I just hope anyone understands what i'm trying to say*:o

I understand what you're trying to say. It's all about adapting for eachother. However, it's not always that easy... You hear of cases where the younger person just wants to go out partying and having fun... while the older person wants to do more mature, serious things and have a more stable relationship. But like you say, the age difference isn't THAT big so it shouldn't be asmuch of a problem.