What should I do about this ?

• What should I do about this ?

well to make a long story short, there's this girl I like. She knows I like her, and she's told my friends that she likes me too. But yesterday she told me that her parents are very strict and don't want her to date, go out, etc. She doesn't even have her own cell phone. Also, she's been hurt by other guys before, so she doesn't know if she wants another boyfriend right now. But she said she still wanted to be friends.

The problem is that school is ending soon and obviously I won't see her at school anymore. I'm thinking that maybe her parents will let her go out more in the summer, but I don't know.
    • Re: What should I do about this ?

I don't like strict parents.. It ruins teenagers lifes I think and other boys hurting her.. Poor girl.. I think you should possibly just stay friends, for now.. Just make sure you don't like push yourself into making her love you. Just take it easy, let her know that you'll be there for you and that you understand her situation and that you don't mind and say you'll wait for an answer rather than show off and demand for one. The more she knows your willing to wait the more she'll be convinced that you truely like her.

It's kind of a delicate topic for a girl when they have strict parents and have had previous boys who have hurt her. I'm sure over time she will think carefully and hopefully before you know it you'll be a couple ^__^

Good luck :)

yea i totally agree about strict parents >< but what can I do, heh. I'd be waiting to wait until she's ready/able to date, even if that meant a year or two, but the problem is just that school's ending soon. if we don't see each other in the summer we'll never meet again, probably :(

Well, What you should do is like have a talk with her.. See if you can arrange to meet with her anytime through the summer holidays possibly. Like, Intrest her, say you want her to come out and have some fun. Who knows, getting her out in the summer to have some fun may be the key to a relationship.

I have faith in you :)

lol. i have strict parents and i can relate to her.. can she go out with her friends? like a group of girlfriends? if so, maybe you can join them sometimes and see her occasionally over the summer.
      yeah, strict parents suck.. but there's nothing you can really do about it -_- if you love her, wait for her.. and if while you are waiting.. and you happen to meet someone else that you like then that's okay too.. just don't tell her you'll wait for her because you can't promise her that..

yes I would wait for her as long as it takes.. I really do love her. she's constantly on my mind and just seeing her at school makes my day. I'm not your typical guy who goes from 1 girl to another the next week, I've liked her since the start of the year and she's really been the only one. So when I found out she also liked me I was the happiest I've ever been in a long long time

Strict parents = ouch

Having VERY strict parents myself.... The only possibly way I can see you two getting in touch is via phone or internet... I'm guessing her not having a phone she may not have access to the internet either.

Just out of curiosity, do you know why they're strict with her. Is it religious or just personal issues. Maybe you shld find that out then work out how you can ensure to her parents that you're a genuine guy.

My parents are super strict too, but that's only because they care.
      Just ask her for her number or MSN and ask if you can hang out at her place sometime so that way her parents can meet you and they'll become more fond of you, and that way they won't feel too uneasy.
      Just give her time, too. She's been hurt before so it sometimes takes awhile to heal from those things.

You could be my [SIZE=3]someone,[/SIZE]
      You could be my [SIZE=3]sea...[/SIZE]

drop it like its hot. not worth the trouble.

and you don't love her... what the? shucks... you people use that word like it's going out of fashion. you like the idea of being in love... but you don't love her.

something tells me you don't know much about her because 1) she's probably sheltered, 2) you still like her since the beginning of the year, and 3) you aren't dating her yet.
      Moderator Edit - Signature Removed For Stupidity. If you continue to misbehave in the forum, you will be put into Penalised Users Group which cannot have a signature and also your access to the help/advice sections will be removed!