my friend is cutting herself.

• my friend is cutting herself.

My best friend is cutting herself. I cant do anything about it. I would tell an adult but if I were to she would immeditaly kill herself. I want to help her but I dont know how. shes on the verge of killing herself and she isnt taking it seriously. I see the cuts on her wrists and it worries me. One day she'll cut to deep and die. Im willing to do anything to help her...even if she doesnt want help. please help me, I dont want to loose my only friend left.
      now that ive gone to far...where do i go?
    • Re: my friend is cutting herself.

I'd probably talk to her. Try to make her see what she is doing and how much harm she is doing. Tell her the positive side of life and say that her whole life is ahead of her. I lost my best friend Miranda because she cut too deep and died so talk to her while you've got the chance

I know it would be hard to try and help your friend without telling an adult, in fear of her killing herself. But my friend was in this position, and I was the one he was trying to help! I told him that if he told anybody about me cutting myself that I would try to kill myself or something, and he got reaaaaaaaly worried .. he didnt tell anybody for a while and then one day he texted me and simply said 'I am going to help you, or help yourself. Today.' and i got majorly freaked out because I didnt want anybody to find out about my problems... a few days later he told me on MSN that he had told his school counsellor/chaplin about everything I was doing. I was sooo mad at him for a dew days because he didnt seem like the type who would betray my trust...

Anyways... thanks to his help everythings worked out alright for me in the sense of that I dont cut myself anymore. I dont know if there was any relevance in sharing that with you now that I think about it.. but i guess what i am trying to say is that .. :

Is it possible you can talk to someone you trust 100% about this?? You MUST know FULL WELL that they wont tell anybody though ; a teacher, counsellor, maybe even call some help line about this? Once you've establishd a connection with someone, tell them everything and ask for all their advice!! and take it on board. I suggest start a little book or something and write it all down. You can then take that advice back to your friend and make it your own. Like tell her in your own words what the counsellors or someone told you, but you gotta make it sound like you thought of the ideas to help you friend , not someone else... if you get what i mean?

I'd like to try and help more if its ok?
      Send me a PM or soemthing telling me your email or MSN if you have one.
      Please :]

[SIZE=1]Always Follow Your Heart ;;[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]even though its on your left..[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]it is always right ♥[/SIZE]

Ask her why she is doing it. Say you want to help her, hug her, hold her. Sometimes that's all a girl wants you to do. Tell her how strong she is, tell her she'll get through, because she will get through. All she probably wants to do is cry, then cry with her, be there for her. It's nice to hear you care so much about her, now show her.

You're a very lovely friend to care so much about her.
      She won't immidiately kill herself if you tell an adult. You need to go to her Parents, a School Councillor, or someone responisble so they can get her the help she needs. If you don't tell anyone and you don't try to get her help and bring it to someone's attention who can help, then she'll end up killing herself. You need to tell a Councillor or her Parents, like I said.
      She may end up hating you for it at first but it's worth it because it'll save her life. She's eventually realise you did it for a good cause.

You could be my [SIZE=3]someone,[/SIZE]
      You could be my [SIZE=3]sea...[/SIZE]

I'm looking at this a different way. I used to be the friend who cut.

First, this isn't a plea for attention. It isn't a cry for help. It isn't any of that. People cut for the same reason some people get drunk and high- they want to forget. Telling them to snap out won't work.

Sometime when neither of you are busy, go over to her house, go sit down in her room with her, give her a hug, and tell her to talk to you. Tell her she can trust you.

I bet you anything that it will be hard to get her to talk at first, but if you can get her to talk, I also bet you that she will talk to you more.No matter what she says, try not to sound afraid/disgusted.

Just let her talk to you (or all but force her if you have to), and just be there for her. Ask her to stop cutting (DON'T tell her it scares you), and tell her that when she needs to talk, you'll be there for her.