Becoming a Vegetarian.

• Re: Becoming a Vegetarian.

Well first of all, it's hard for some people to just drop meat out of their diet.
    So I would say lower your intake each day and then eventually just drop it.
    That also helps your body get used to having no meat.
    Start buying Boca brand items or Morning Star.
    Both are meatless and delicious!
    [CENTER][SIGPIC]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x405/DarkCandiie/all_you_need_is_love.jpg[/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Meh, I didn't find it hard at all. I just had a sudden thought one day when I was 11 and told my mum I wanted to be vegetarian, and I'm still doing it now. :p

Why don't your parents want you to be vegetarian? Dietwise, you miss out on from not eating meat is vitamin B12 (anyone who knows more about this than I do, feel free to correct me!) and you can get that from spinach, pumpkin seeds, breakfast cereals. Also protein you can get from eggs, beans and dairy products.

If it's cause they don't want to be making two meals every evening, tell them that you'll make food for yourself or even make food for them if they're open-minded enough?

If it's just 'cause they don't like vegetarians, then all you can do is just tell them it's your choice and that you feel uncomfortable about eating meat because of where it comes from.

Good luck. :]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

If they're dead set against it then it may be hard to persuade them otherwise, but if you stop eating meat when you're eating out, and start suggesting meat free foods (be it all vegetable meals, or meat substitutes), and persuade them that being veggie doesn't mean eating junk all the time, you may have some success.

I've been vegetarian for several years now - I hate meat substitutes, so I eat a lot of salads, pulses, pasta, etc. It's a pain eating out when all my friends want to go to Burger King, but the rest of the time it's fine.

Well, if you really set your mind to it you can do it.
    Just tell yourself you don't like meat, remember all the small animals it takes to make them or innocent animals, and all the insides of an animal meat contains and it'll turn you off of meat enough.
    Makes vegtables your friend, remember how healthy and nutricious and yummy fruits and vegtables are for you. Just make a habit of eating more of them.

You could be my [SIZE=3]someone,[/SIZE]
    You could be my [SIZE=3]sea...[/SIZE]

I think what i'll do is cut out all meat except for chicken, turkey, and fish meats as much as I can. I know at home I'll eat whatever my mom makes even if it is a hamburger just to please her. And then in college I'll work to cut it out totally becuase I'll be on my own and my parents can't tell me I can't. And I think being in a new enviornment will help me keep to this goal I want for myself.(I think the issue my mom would have is I already eat a lot of junk food and she probobly just sees me giving up meat and eating more junk and i'm already a picky eater and don't like half the food she makes) I've cut out pop from my diet at the beginning of this year and except for special occasions I've stuck to not drinking it. So it shouldn't be much harder to slowly get rid of meat. Thanks for all your advice!

What makes you think your parents are totally against it. Did you ask them Tell them you would like to eat healthier. Suggest dinner ideas See how they respond. Feel them out that way. Their is nothing wrong with a vegetarian diet as long as you do it correctly and eat the right foods. Sounds like your on the right path.