Olympic Torch Relay

• Re: Olympic Torch Relay

Do you have any idea about how much information is distorted through the Chinese media? Do you have any idea how the Chinese gov't carefully crafts out events? For instance, the recent "riot" in Tibet was actually staged initially by the Chinese government. The planning of the riots was visible through pictures of Chinese policemen dressing up in Tibetan robes before the time of the riot. Not only do they do these kinds of distortion against the Tibetans, they also spread false information about the actions of neighboring countries. I did a report on this last semester, for instance, that they've made so many false claims about Koreans and Japanese professors claiming that the Chinese characters had originated from their own countries. Later, after investigating, it was clear that no one had made such claims. But the chinese media had already dispersed it among the people to create a fake sense of nationalism within its country and hate against others.

This is only one of the many examples. The Chinese government won't be able to get away with this for so long.
    • Re: Olympic Torch Relay

xJennyx wrote:

Chinese nationalism is going too far. On the day of the olympic torch relay in South Korea, Chinese rioters violently stormed the streets and attacked innocent civilians and policemen. These Chinese rioters were mainly international students who over 90% received full scholarships to study at Korean universities, the only way they could afford them. The catch is that the Chinese embassy in Seoul had paid each of these 6000+ rioters an equivalent of $300 in cash per individual to start a conflict against peaceful pro-Tibet protestors in the streets, even supplying them with materials that were used as dangerous weapons. A simliar incident happened in Australia, as well. This shows that the Chinese government needs to change before a country of 1.3 billion brainwashed nationalists take on a major role in the world.

Where is ANY proof that any of these things got started by the Chinese Government. Please revisit my previous post and if you can find ANY legit counter arguements to my points, you have no reason at all to be here.
      foolish remarks like these makes me lose all my respect for you. You are generalizing 1/5 of the worlds population and the whole Chinese Nation as brainwashed nationalists. Not only is such comment ignorant and pointless to the extreme, it is also very racist, I don't think I myself, or any of the 1.3 billion people wants to be generalized as "Brainwashed Nationalist". This kind of comment is almost Nazi like. It is sad how you fools make such remarks when you are the ones that are getting brainwashed.
      I do not dislike US to the extreme like Sasha here, and believes not every single Americans are like this, but it is people like you that makes USA looks like a country full of ignorant fools.