Internet Love

• Internet Love

Hello.

I have been a member of Myspace now for over two years and I made a roleplaying profile for me to use when entering their games chat forum. If you don't know what roleplaying is, it is when people act out scenes in things such as Final Fantasy VII and create their own virtual world.

Well, I met a boy on there, about two years ago now. We began to have a long distance relationship and it went well. I was the happiest that I have ever been and we frequently talked online, on things like MSN. I lost contact with him recently - about six months ago - and thought it was because he has found himself a girl over where he lives. So I moved on.

But, a week or two ago I recieved an e-mail from his address, from his father, letting me know that he had been in a fatal car accident, and that he had sadly died. I was crushed and for the past few days have been feeling low and almost suicidal. Those thoughts have ran through my brain.

A part of me wants to believe that he has just sent me an e-mail, posing as his father, for an easy way out - this means that he would be alive and well, and that is what I want more than anything. But this would mean that he had lied in the most cruel of ways, and I know that it has truly effected me for the rest of my life - I can't forget him.

What do you think I should do and how can I learn to live with what has happened?
    • Re: Internet Love

I know it's a really old cliche, but time really is the best healer...

all you can really do is immerse yourself in friends and familly and allow yourself to go through the grieving process...remember all the good things about him...

You'll never forget him, but in time it'll be bearable and you'll move on...Just don't do anything stupid like cutting yourself...he wouldn't want that...
      [CENTER]"I don't belong here, we gotta move on dear escape from this afterlife[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here"[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]~[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Even though I don't know this person, I have a feeling that he was not the one contacting you. Six months is a very large gap for someone to suddenly write to you and lie about such a cruel thing, and although the other truth is much crueler and cold it should allow your heart the tiniest bit of light.

It's always depressing when someone you are close with passes. It's a crippling sort of depression; I know. However, you must believe that this person who you liked (maybe loved?) would not want you to harm yourself because of them. Live on happily --in the best way you know how. Shutting yourself out from the world will not do anyone any good. Think of the people that love you now, the ones that are still there for you. For the moment, continue on for them and allow them to hold you up until you are able to stand on your own again.

I know this is said often in events like this, but if you need someone that isn't family or a friend --if you need a complete stranger to talk to-- I'll be happy to lend an ear and give you all the advice --or comfort-- I can.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]H[/SIZE]e [SIZE=1]K[/SIZE]nows [SIZE=1]H[/SIZE]ow [SIZE=1]T[/SIZE]o ma[SIZE=1]KE[/SIZE] m[SIZE=1]E[/SIZE] sm[SIZE=1]ILE[/SIZE] w[SIZE=1]HE[/SIZE]n [SIZE=1]THE[/SIZE] wo[SIZE=1]RLD[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]H[/SIZE]as [SIZE=1]K[/SIZE]noc[SIZE=1]KED[/SIZE] m[SIZE=1]E[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]D[/SIZE]own.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]LIKE A KNIGHT IN ARMOR RUSTED FROM THE RAIN.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

The thing is, I never told any of my friends about him. I kept telling myself that I wasn't ashamed of the fact that it was a 'Virtual relationship' but the fact that I couldn't tell my friends sticks with me.

If I told them now, they would think that I was just doing it for the attention, and I suppose I do want attention, but of a different kind. I've never really found it easy to find any boy who likes me as more than a friend and I chew myelf up about it all the time. One supposed friend even said to me once, that she was surprised I had ever had a boyfirned in the first place, because of my hair colour.

I feel so lonely and there are little things that remind me of him all the time. But I have no-one that could just give me a hug, and help me get over it.

GingerLizzy wrote:

Hello.

I have been a member of Myspace now for over two years and I made a roleplaying profile for me to use when entering their games chat forum. If you don't know what roleplaying is, it is when people act out scenes in things such as Final Fantasy VII and create their own virtual world.

Well, I met a boy on there, about two years ago now. We began to have a long distance relationship and it went well. I was the happiest that I have ever been and we frequently talked online, on things like MSN. I lost contact with him recently - about six months ago - and thought it was because he has found himself a girl over where he lives. So I moved on.

But, a week or two ago I recieved an e-mail from his address, from his father, letting me know that he had been in a fatal car accident, and that he had sadly died. I was crushed and for the past few days have been feeling low and almost suicidal. Those thoughts have ran through my brain.

A part of me wants to believe that he has just sent me an e-mail, posing as his father, for an easy way out - this means that he would be alive and well, and that is what I want more than anything. But this would mean that he had lied in the most cruel of ways, and I know that it has truly effected me for the rest of my life - I can't forget him.

What do you think I should do and how can I learn to live with what has happened?

You spelt affected wrong...

I met my boyfriend online and when he first asked me out I didn't want to tell my friends because for a very long time I was against internet dating. However, I realized my friends are there for me no matter what and won't judge such silly things. So, now they know my little secret and are completely fine with it (although they love to tease me about it from time to time). If your friends are really your friends then they won't think you are seeking out attention, and if they treat you in a disrespectful manner because of your internet relationship then they don't deserve to have you.

Have you tried talking to a counselor?
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]H[/SIZE]e [SIZE=1]K[/SIZE]nows [SIZE=1]H[/SIZE]ow [SIZE=1]T[/SIZE]o ma[SIZE=1]KE[/SIZE] m[SIZE=1]E[/SIZE] sm[SIZE=1]ILE[/SIZE] w[SIZE=1]HE[/SIZE]n [SIZE=1]THE[/SIZE] wo[SIZE=1]RLD[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]H[/SIZE]as [SIZE=1]K[/SIZE]noc[SIZE=1]KED[/SIZE] m[SIZE=1]E[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]D[/SIZE]own.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]LIKE A KNIGHT IN ARMOR RUSTED FROM THE RAIN.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Oh gee honey. I'm very sorry for your loss.
      And I don't think he'd pose as his father for an easy way out, and if he did something that harsh then he wouldn't have been as great as you thought he was.
      Even though this is hard to deal with and it's very sad, I can't blame you for being depressed, you have to move on. I know it hurts but it'll just take some time.
      If you need anyone to talk to I'm here. I know it sucks to live with knowing a friend died so horribly, even if you only knew them on the internet.
      An online buddy of mine killed herself. I managed to talk one of them out of it, but the other wasn't so fortunate. She had a rough life and couldn't take it anymore and killed herself. It really sucks, but the pain fades.

You could be my [SIZE=3]someone,[/SIZE]
      You could be my [SIZE=3]sea...[/SIZE]

iPodge wrote:

You spelt affected wrong...

yea i'm sure she really appreciates you pointing that out...

thanks for your helpful and insightful post :rolleyes:
      [CENTER]"I don't belong here, we gotta move on dear escape from this afterlife[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here"[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]~[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]