Putting on weight

• Re: Putting on weight

First, you need to realize that health isn't defined by how much you weight. Everyone has different body sizes and shapes, and you can't compare yourself to the "average."

Many people will tell you to eat as much junk food as possible to gain weight, but that's just screwed up. Maintain or develop a healthy eating habit, and exercise regularly. As long as you do this, you will be healthy, which I assume if what you want. When you are a little older and if you want to, you could start lifting weights to bulk up (or stay toned), but you're probably fine the way you are now.

I've never been fat but I'll say I've always been rather thin, or slim, proportional, whatever you want to call it.
      I lost alot of weight though and now I'm an unhealthy skinny and I still have problems with my weight and I still feel self-conscious about it at times and think I'm fat although everyone tells me I'm not and I know I shouldn't be thinking about my weight so much, but now that I'm so into the process of it I doubt I'll ever get better and I doubt I'll ever be the same again. Oh well.

You could be my [SIZE=3]someone,[/SIZE]
      You could be my [SIZE=3]sea...[/SIZE]

iphu wrote:

First, you need to realize that health isn't defined by how much you weight. Everyone has different body sizes and shapes, and you can't compare yourself to the "average."

Many people will tell you to eat as much junk food as possible to gain weight, but that's just screwed up. Maintain or develop a healthy eating habit, and exercise regularly. As long as you do this, you will be healthy, which I assume if what you want. When you are a little older and if you want to, you could start lifting weights to bulk up (or stay toned), but you're probably fine the way you are now.

Yeah, I completely agree with iphu to be honest.
      You're you and you're gonna be a different size and shape from the next person aren't you. The key to staying healthy is eating a balanced diet. Fruit, veg, carbs, protein and fat. Making sure you get all of these in to your diet will help your body function and be healthy!
      [SIZE=3]Just Be Yourself :thumbsup:

[/SIZE]

giefwomen wrote:

most people think that the only situation conserning weight and teenagers is losing it..but what about us skinny kids who need to put on the pounds.

has anyone ever had the trouble of putting on weight to stay healthy? or does anyone have any advice for people who want/need to put on weight
      lol yeah. I've been underweight my entire life pretty much. I'm currently over 5'6" and weigh 106lbs...

I used to have the same problem. I was always really skinny and it pissed me off so much..I just wanted to be normal weight.

Dont do what I did though...which was basically start eating lots of junk food haha.
      It did work though...i'm completely normal weight now. But that's probably partly because of getting older & generally putting on more weight anyway.

I agree with what everyone else says..keep a healthy diet/do exercise etc.
      Don't try too hard.