Stumped

Alright....welll.....this girl I like....I've been sitting with her and her friends for the entire period for the past few study halls (I used to sit at a separate table and just stop over at hers every once in a while) and I've found that we're really opening up to eachother.

BUT.......Just talking to her every other day in study hall and occasionally at her locker isn't cutting it for me. I want to talk to her outside of school, especially since the school year is kinda winding down. But see, the problem is, she has a boyfriend, so I don't know how to ask for her number or aim or whatever without sounding like I'm asking her out. She doesn't know I like her, so that might make things a little easier, but still..........Help?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Oberheim ().

• Re: Stumped

hrm you could try to hrm,
      do you have a friend that could know her AIM or Number?
      i would get it off them then be like GUESS WHO! when you call/message

but i still think you should ask straight up, just be hey what you number! or aim.

one time i had to ask a girls mom for her number, cus i wanted to talk to her, cus haven't seen her for 2 years ha
      she stopped getting on myspace, but her mom did
      was fun
      ha

but yeah try geting it form a freind id you dont want to ask staright up

It's always nice to be a friend of one of her friends. If not then no problem. We can also work around things.

If you talk to her in studyhall then try to ask her that you may need help on a certain subject. If you have the same teacher or same class. Just make sure its casual and fluent. Don't doubt yourself about asking her for it in the middle of asking her then it will sound sketchy.

Plink wrote:

It's always nice to be a friend of one of her friends. If not then no problem. We can also work around things.

If you talk to her in studyhall then try to ask her that you may need help on a certain subject. If you have the same teacher or same class. Just make sure its casual and fluent. Don't doubt yourself about asking her for it in the middle of asking her then it will sound sketchy.

See the problem is, I'm a junior and she's a sophomore, so were not in any classes together. Only study hall. Bummer...

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
    • as silly as this willl sound...i think, aim will make things easier. friends ask for friends for their AIM screename all the time, so just ask her for it. if one of my guy friends that i didnt have added on my buddylist asked me for my screename i wouldnt make anything more of it than them asking me for my sn. lol.

let me know how it goes.
    • as silly as this willl sound...i think, aim will make things easier. friends ask for friends for their AIM screename all the time, so just ask her for it. if one of my guy friends that i didnt have added on my buddylist asked me for my screename i wouldnt make anything more of it than them asking me for my sn. lol.

let me know how it goes.

ASAP would be Friday. Woaaaah boy:eek:

Ohh....very important detail that I left out....about a month ago, I asked her if she had aim itself (not her sn, just aim itself) and she said "yeah but I hardly ever use it". I think I said that in my "Current Situation" thread (yeah it's the same girl if you were wondering). Uhhhhh, what to make of that?

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Oberheim wrote:

ASAP would be Friday. Woaaaah boy:eek:

Ohh....very important detail that I left out....about a month ago, I asked her if she had aim itself (not her sn, just aim itself) and she said "yeah but I hardly ever use it". I think I said that in my "Current Situation" thread (yeah it's the same girl if you were wondering). Uhhhhh, what to make of that?

That if she hardly uses it, she hardly uses it. Nothing more to it than that. You are out of luck on that. Just keep talking to her in that studyhall. I wouldn't recommend asking for her number because she does have a boyfriend. I don't think you can do anything else.

Sorry chief.
    • Screw it. I'll just tell her at the end of the school year that I want to keep in touch over Summer and see where it goes from there.

Although...Plink....I don't really see why not. She knows I know she has a bf, and she doesn't know I like her. I'm pretty sure she thinks I only like her as a friend. And her bf doesn't even know who the hell I am. Could you elaborate a little?

The post was edited 4 times, last by Oberheim ().

Making a mountain out of a mole hill man, mountain out of a mole hill.

If you are as desperate as it seems then just walk up and be all like hey, me and my friends were planning on going out and doing stuff this weekend, we were wondering if you wanted to come, and if she says anything about her boyfriend than invite him to, at least then you get the number and can work from there.

Oberheim wrote:

Screw it. I'll just tell her at the end of the school year that I want to keep in touch over Summer and see where it goes from there.

Although...Plink....I don't really see why not. She knows I know she has a bf, and she doesn't know I like her. I'm pretty sure she thinks I only like her as a friend. And her bf doesn't even know who the hell I am. Could you elaborate a little?

Regardless of her not knowing that she knows that you like her and her boyfriend doesn't know you. If the boyfriend somehow finds out then it wont be pretty. Usually guys don't like it when other guys ask for their girlfriends number. It's even worse when he doesn't know you because he doesn't know if he can trust you or not. Which he probably wont.

Even as friends? Jesus, no wonder I stayed away from the whole dating/relationships thing for so long. So much drama that I don't need.

I'm desperate as hell so I think I'll just ask for her aim sn anyway. And the whole "I'd like to keep in touch over summer" thing. And see how much better I can get to know her in the next month and a half.

Well thanks anyway Plink.

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]