I have a crush on my cousin

• Re: I have a crush on my cousin. My First Cousin.

luvawithabrokenheart wrote:

I know it's wrong, but I honestly cannot help it. He's a male Abercrombie model, 17 years old, while I am a 15 year old girl. We go to the same high school, and at first, i tried to ignore the feelings because he's like a brother to me and we grew up together. I would never try anything, because obviously thats incest, even though he's my half first cousin. I feel really embarrassed by it, and my friends told me it's perfectly natural just to have a crush, that it happens to almost everyone, whether they realize it or not, and the feelings eventually go away. However, I still feel sick and wrong, even when I know I can't help whom I'm attracted to. Do any of you feel this way?

woah dw hunny
      u can hav crushes on anyone
      who wouldnt hav a crush on abercrombie model
      i doont hav crush on my cousin
      but i think one of my cuzzes fancies me
      tbh it doesnt bother me

onyxeyes wrote:

What do you mean by "half first cousin"?

Exactly as I said it, "half first cousin." It's like a half sister, or a half brother. My Dad and his Mom are half brother and half sister, making him my half first cousin. But I still count him as full.
      [SIZE=4]"The only opinion that will ever matter is yours."[/SIZE]

Exactly as I said it, "half first cousin." It's like a half sister, or a half brother. My Dad and his Mom are half brother and half sister, making him my half first cousin. But I still count him as full.
      Um, that wouldn't really make him your half cousin. He would just be your cousin.

I honestly don't understand how you can be attracted to your cousin and even if you're not acting on it, I still find it creepy.

onyxeyes wrote:

Um, that wouldn't really make him your half cousin. He would just be your cousin.

I honestly don't understand how you can be attracted to your cousin and even if you're not acting on it, I still find it creepy.

Which more than likely means you're pretty narrow minded. It's possible to feel attraction towards anyone, and whether or not you act on it that persons decision, not your own. Let me lay down some facts for you. More than 80% of the world's marriages are COUSIN marriages, check it out on google. 26 states of the US allow you to marry your first cousin, my state happens to be one of them. Albert Einstien was a pure genius, he married his first cousin and had children with her, as was the same with Edgar Allen Poe and Dwight D. Eisenhower. Not only that, but in the Bible, the book Leviticus, ch.18, it states all relationships with your family that you are not allowed to have. Cousin marriage and sex is not one of them. It was very common for people in the Bible to marry their first cousins, and so we are all descended from first cousin marriages. Also, everyone are cousins. There is no one on this Earth that is related to you beyond your 50th cousin. So actually, we are all cousins and this just happens to be my first cousin.

Before you say something stupid, read up on the subject and actually give it some thought.:)

More than 80% of the world's marriages are COUSIN marriages, check it out on google.

Actually I did.
      This "fact" from was a website which promotes cousin marriages, which I assume has a very narrow viewpoint. And it actually said 20% of the world's marriages are between cousins. So even with the support of a biased website you get your "facts" wrong.:lol:

Also, everyone are cousins. There is no one on this Earth that is related to you beyond your 50th cousin.

What is a 50th cousin? Please explain.
      And yes everybody originated from the same reaction, but we're not tracing our family lines that far back are we?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trogdor_74 wrote:

Actually I did.
      This "fact" from was a website which promotes cousin marriages, which I assume has a very narrow viewpoint. And it actually said 20% of the world's marriages are between cousins. So even with the support of a biased website you get your "facts" wrong.:lol:

What is a 50th cousin? Please explain.
      And yes everybody originated from the same reaction, but we're not tracing our family lines that far back are we?

20% is still quite a bit.:)I think you are just upset because you can't understand the concept that we are all related in some way or another, and cousin marriages are quite common. Yes, we are going that far back, because like I said, it doesn't matter who you choose to be with during your lifetime period, in someway you are related to them, first cousin or not. A 50th cousin is your great 50x grandather/grandmother's 50x granddaughter/grandson. Also, people have said cousin marriages cause defects in the child, which has proven to be quite untrue in todays society. The fact is that you are likely to have a mentally undeveloped or "retarded" child within your own race, and having children within your own family are the same as these risks. Sorry if i offended anyone, but I am just trying to give you a different perspective on the matter.

This isn't a question of right or wrong. Societies across the
      globe set their own norms but in the end the people who have to live with it are the two that share the love. To put it simply, are you willing to handle the pains and stresses of sharing your life with your cousin?

Which more than likely means you're pretty narrow minded. It's possible to feel attraction towards anyone, and whether or not you act on it that persons decision, not your own. Let me lay down some facts for you. More than 80% of the world's marriages are COUSIN marriages, check it out on google. 26 states of the US allow you to marry your first cousin, my state happens to be one of them. Albert Einstien was a pure genius, he married his first cousin and had children with her, as was the same with Edgar Allen Poe and Dwight D. Eisenhower. Not only that, but in the Bible, the book Leviticus, ch.18, it states all relationships with your family that you are not allowed to have. Cousin marriage and sex is not one of them. It was very common for people in the Bible to marry their first cousins, and so we are all descended from first cousin marriages. Also, everyone are cousins. There is no one on this Earth that is related to you beyond your 50th cousin. So actually, we are all cousins and this just happens to be my first cousin.

Before you say something stupid, read up on the subject and actually give it some thought.:)
      I didn't say anything stupid, I stated my opinion. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension skills. If you didn't want opinions and couldn't handle the fact that some random person thinks incest is creepy, why post this thread?

Also, it doesn't matter to me whether or not famous people married their cousins, or that stories in the bible say that it's fine to marry your cousin. I don't care about the bible nor do I believe in God, so neither of those will change my opinion that incest is creepy in my eyes.

I'm pretty sure that your cousin would think you were creepy if he knew you had romantic feelings for him.

You're also wrong in stating that 80% of the world's marriages are to cousins, so take your own advice and "Before you say something stupid read up on the subject" but when you're reading be sure to keep in mind the credibility of your source as well as the fact that not everything on the Internet is reliable.

The fact is that you are likely to have a mentally undeveloped or "retarded" child within your own race, and having children within your own family are the same as these risks.

No, having a child within your family increases the chances of this. It said that on your wonderful website.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trogdor_74 wrote:

No, having a child within your family increases the chances of this. It said that on your wonderful website.

Slightly, and it doesn't happen often. However, I never said I would have children with him, I stated some of the facts. I got some wrong, apparently, and i apologize for that. But, like Gabranth said, in the end, it comes down to what we feel about each other, and whether we are willing to risk anything like this.

Thank you to all of you who have tried to give helpful advice, but i have finally realized this is my decision and mine alone.

Thanks.

bdarcii wrote:

Not even God found anything wrong with being in love with your first cousin. In every country in the world (except the socially repressed USA) first cousin marriages are ok. Even in the US it is still LEGAL to marry your first cuz in 26 of the states. (what is funny, is in some of the states that do NOT allow first cuz marriages, you can still have sex with your farm animals)
      80% of the marriages in the world are cousin marriages.

The US can thank it's Puritan ancestors for all this incest taboo krap.

Omg another Sasha Vassily... NOOO!

Anyway...

I think this is perfectly natural. I have a pretty hot cousin, but I'd never ever act on any feelings.

Like somebody said before, it's all physical.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

Slightly, and it doesn't happen often. However, I never said I would have children with him, I stated some of the facts. I got some wrong, apparently, and i apologize for that. But, like Gabranth said, in the end, it comes down to what we feel about each other, and whether we are willing to risk anything like this.

Thank you to all of you who have tried to give helpful advice, but i have finally realized this is my decision and mine alone.

Thanks.

Yes it is your decision, but I still think your cousin will be disturbed. I don't think he will feel the same way.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's just a crush. Don't tell him and don't act on it or else you could ruin your friendship with him, it's probably natural to be attracted to someone like that even though he is your cousin, he isnt really immediate family.
      Do you ever take drugs so that you can have sex without crying?

firstly this is not necersarily true, breeding with your own family increases the chances of the recesive genes that cause genetic defects- genes that people in your family and your self may be carriers of. A cousin is not going to that much DNA the same as you so it is as likely that a child of two cousins will have a genetic defect as a child of two random people. the problem only occurs when it its close relatives and even then problems are not likely to occur unless in-breeding was to continue throught the generations.

and to deal with the actual problem - all i can suggest is to hope it passes
      [SIZE=3][/SIZE][CENTER][SIZE=2] I think, its time for a change
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]