I have a crush on my cousin

• Re: I have a crush on my cousin. My First Cousin.

james0192 wrote:

firstly this is not necersarily true, breeding with your own family increases the chances of the recesive genes that cause genetic defects- genes that people in your family and your self may be carriers of. A cousin is not going to that much DNA the same as you so it is as likely that a child of two cousins will have a genetic defect as a child of two random people.

Breeding with a cousin still gives more chance of birth defects than breeding with somebody unrelated
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In my opinion while there is nothing physically wrong with having a crush on your cousin, It's still a bit...awkward. I used to have a crush on my cousin but I got over that pretty quickly. In all honesty, unless you think that you want to spend the rest of your life with him, you shouldn't tell him. It would cause your friendship to be strained at the least, and at the worst, he could totally freak out.
      [LEFT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=2]I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [/LEFT]

remote91 wrote:

It's just a crush. Don't tell him and don't act on it or else you could ruin your friendship with him, it's probably natural to be attracted to someone like that even though he is your cousin, he isnt really immediate family.

I decided not to tell him a long time ago. And btw, he is my immediate family, like I said, he is like a brother to me. That's why i decided it's just a simple crush and i'll get over it, i don't want to ruin our friendship.
      [SIZE=4]"The only opinion that will ever matter is yours."[/SIZE]

luvawithabrokenheart wrote:

I know it's wrong, but I honestly cannot help it. He's a male Abercrombie model, 17 years old, while I am a 15 year old girl. We go to the same high school, and at first, i tried to ignore the feelings because he's like a brother to me and we grew up together. I would never try anything, because obviously thats incest, even though he's my half first cousin. I feel really embarrassed by it, and my friends told me it's perfectly natural just to have a crush, that it happens to almost everyone, whether they realize it or not, and the feelings eventually go away. However, I still feel sick and wrong, even when I know I can't help whom I'm attracted to. Do any of you feel this way?

There's nothing "wrong" with what you are feeling, it has just been made that way due to our society saying it's "not normal", but then again what is normal? I have had feelings for one of my cousins (1st cousin once removed) since I met her over 6 years ago, and they are just as strong after 6 years as they was when I first met her.

As I have had these feelings for so long I did research and found out that it is a myth that cousins have a much higher rate of having a child with birth defects, yes it is higher than complete strangers, but not by that much higher at all. There is a site called CousinCouples.com with all kind of information about it, including famous people who married cousins in the past.

It also tells which 27 states allow cousin marriages and first cousin marriages (if you decided to take it that far), it explains that America is the only country which has laws against cousin marriages as well. What I found interesting was the part where it said that 20% of relationships is estimated to be between cousins, and 80% of relationships in history were between cousins!

So unlike many other posts I see saying something along the lines of "It will pass" I am not going to say this, because that is not always the case. What I can do is let you know that you are not alone, and recommend you check out CousinCouples.com for more facts about it.

Mv8 wrote:

I fucked 2 of my cousins who are sisters at the same time. They're both unbelieveably gorgeous and it was too hot of a situation to pass up. Oops

lmfao!!! omg!!! i laughed so loud at this that my librarian gave me...the look. bahahahah!!!!!!
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]This is Phoebe.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]She is my baby ♥[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]