How should I approach her?

• How should I approach her?

I have "known" this girl for about a year now and I really want to get to know her (sort of a contradicting statement but I think you'll get the point). She is only in one of my classes and I can't seem to get the chance because she is either "talking" to another a guy and she sits on the other side of the room. I can't figure out a way to introduce myself to her. I have tried sending her a message or two on myspace and she ignores me. Does this mean she isn't interested? If she isn't I will back off but have no idea. I guess the only way to figure out is to talk to her personally and I simply don't know how. I don't fear getting rejected but giving the wrong first impression. I don't want to just walk up to her and say "hi" as it would be odd. I think I would have to do it while doing something else but I don't know what, any ideas?
    • Re: How should I approach her?

admrch wrote:

I would say I am about 8/10 compared to her. She is not the best looking girl I have seen but I have strong feelings towards her. I have never felt this way about a girl before.

Fair does, it comes easily to some than others.

I'd class myself fairly lucky in the fact that I'm popular in my classes and have a nack for getting on with everyone. Depends what sort of personality you've got I'd say.

All you can do is try and gain her trust, create a connection and therefore see if it feels right. Don't know what way to approach it as it all depends upon the personality of the girl in question.

Do you have a lot of classes with her? Just if by some accident one lesson you were walking next to her on the way out, just glance at her with a wee smile and just say "Heya, you alright?" In a positive, warm way. It'd be a start.

You'll be able to tell from her body language from her reply as to whether she likes you as a person etc. Is she single/in a relationship?

admrch wrote:

I have 4th block with her, and she is single. I thought this may be my chance but I guess today at school I could try to say something.

Do us all a favour then mate - Copy & Paste this lass' general interests' and about me from myspace, of course removing any info that'd indentify her of like.

Let's try and build up a profile of her personality and how to tackle it. :wink::o

General:
      volleyball, track, mall, movies, friends

Music: lots!

Movies:
      The guardian, Honey, Flicka, I am sam, Step up, Diares of a mad black women... (and too much more.)
      Television full house, American Idol, Reba, Gilmore Girls, and of course HANNAH MONTANA!
      Books butterflies in may

I'm not a perfect girl. My hair doesn't always stay in place. I spill things a lot. I'm pretty clumsy &; sometimes I have a broken heart. my friends &; I sometimes fight &; maybe some days nothing goes right. but when I think about it &; take a step back I remember how amazing life truly is &; that maybe, just maybe, i like being unperfect...©©

Here for: Friends
      Orientation: Straight
      Hometown: New York
      Body type: 5' 2" / Slim / Slender
      Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
      Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
      Smoke / Drink: No / No

This is straight from her profile. She is an ordinary girl, but she doesn't think too highly of herself, which I like :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by admrch: Straightened up the information ().

She seems quite similar to my ex actually!

So, tell me if I'm wrong, as I may well be but she seems a happy, content person. Likes her sport a wee bit. An emotional person, likes to get caught up in the moment, wants to be whisked off her feet, wants it to be perfect? A creative, imaginative person. Down to earth, doesn't expect much in return, happy to do stuff for people, yeah?

I could be wrong but that's the sort of picture it's painting.. Would you say that was a fairly accurate assumption, if not how would you describe her?

Yes I would say she is much like that. She always helps people in class if they have trouble with their work and goes out of her way to do things for others. I can't stop thinking about her. I tell myself at night I will say something to her tomorrow, but when the time comes it is a little different than just saying I will do it.

admrch wrote:

Yes I would say she is much like that. She always helps people in class if they have trouble with their work and goes out of her way to do things for others. I can't stop thinking about her. I tell myself at night I will say something to her tomorrow, but when the time comes it is a little different than just saying I will do it.

Know the feeling mate. Similar to my ex, still would say I love her now. She was all I could think about. The most beautiful person on the inside and out you could ever want to meet. Gee, they don't half mess with your head!

Well, in a nutshell, to an extent try and be like that.

I don't know who, or what you are like. But if she's ignored your myspace messages - Are you actually friends with her on myspace or.. ?

Personally I'd just be myself, yet me myself am a fairly similar person to her so I'd be able to get on really well probs with her.

Try and be a bit more reserved, get your head down, help others when needs be. Don't be cocky, arrogant/ignorant to others, try and become a fairly popular guy in the class' with all sort of people. You have her msn? Try and give her a shout on there. A 5 min convo just to get some footground. Then when it comes to class just go over or by some miraculous accident you found yourself next to her walking out of class. Just say "Hi/Hey/Heya/Hey up, you alreet?" And as said, see her body language. Once you've got that headstart on it, the ball is in her court. It'll go a long way to getting her to like you as a person. Build it up slowly, from little convos on msn once a week or so, just say hi, when passing her and build it up to the point where you can have a proper conversation. Just break that ice. It'll take a lot of time, yet it'll be worth it.

Once she starts to trust you, you'll talk more and just take it on from there a step at a time.

I am friends with her on her myspace. I added her, she accepted and asked who I was, I told her who I was. She then asked if I was in 4th block with her and I told her yes. I asked her what classes she has and she hasn't replied. I don't know why but it doesn't bother me anymore. I don't believe she has MSN, not that I know of. I will try to talk to her today and see if I can start something, thanks for the help :)