Should the US go to war with Iran?

• Re: Should the US go to war with Iran?

because they may actually use the weapons on israel. mahmoud ahmadinejad has stated that he wants israel to be wiped off the map. i posted proof that he said this in one of my earlier posts.

the U.N has imposed sanctions on Iran and ordered it to stop their nuclear program, because multiple nations are suspicious of Iran making weapons, but they have failed to comply, insisting it is only for peaceful purposes.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Well why shouldn't they make nuclear stuff?
      Maybe they feel threatened by all the nuclear powers. Surely it is their right to defend themselves, and if they feel the need to set up a nuclear program so be it.
      I'm opposed to nuclear weapons but until they actively threaten others and have the capability to destroy other countries they should be left alone.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Assaultrifle wrote:

Iran has been trying to make nuclear technology for 41 years. they could be near the technology how can you be so sure that they are not?

if thats the case, then we can safely assume that they arent about to.
      it doesnt take 41 years to make neuclear weapons. the USA develpoded them in 4 years, and they were trialing the technology.

i realise i made a fairly personal attack. but your fairly arrogant posts and cavalier attitude towards human life have got at me a bit

the USA had many very intelligent scientists from different nations working on it. and we had alot of resources. and no we simply can't assume that they are not near the technology. we cant sit back and assume that. the way the president of Iran acts which is very aggressively says otherwise. Plus Iran has already produced all the facilites needed to enrich uranium and create nuclear power. And they kept 2 nuclear facilities hidden from the U.N until 2002.

Heres a quote from an article from iranwatch.org:

"International interest in Iran was heightened dramatically in the summer of 2002, when the existence of two nuclear sites was revealed by an exiled Iranian resistance group.[1] Within a year, the world realized that Iran had built or was building everything needed to produce enriched uranium, which could fuel nuclear weapons as well as nuclear reactors. The sites included a uranium mine at Saghand, a yellow cake production plant near Ardakan, a pilot uranium enrichment plant at Natanz, and a commercial-scale enrichment facility on the same site. In addition, Iran was continuing work on a 1,000 megawatt nuclear reactor at Bushehr and was building a heavy water production plant at Arak, next to which Iran planned to build a 40 megawatt heavy water reactor"

And here's a picture of Natanz:

iranwatch.org/images/EndUser/Natanz-092002.jpg

Link to article:

WPONAC: Iran's Nuclear Program

Still think theyre not near the technology? i have the feeling many people are in for a rude awakening.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

They're allowed nuclear power. Just because there's a chance of them developing weapons gives the USA absolutely no right at all to invade yet another nation in that area. If having nuclear power is your excuse, come invade the UK, or Russia, or who knows how many other countries...
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363606,00.html]FOXNews.com - Report: Israeli Minister Says 'We Will Attack Iran' if Nuke Program Continues - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News[/url]

Read that article, it seems WW3 may be sooner than I had expected. Israel and Iran will most likely begin the fighting, then we will back Israel, and it all goes from there. I'm not sure if I should be going to Israel in 3 weeks, tensions are on the rise.
      [SIZE=3]Brendan, [SIZE=2]Libertarian and hates the ACLU[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I like hunting bullshit, corruption, hazing, fraud and abuse within the subcultures of society. You can call me the Inspector General...

Assaultrifle wrote:

well im glad Israel recognizes the Iran threat. i doubt Iran will stop their nuclear program. looks like you 25 people who voted no on the poll will be out of luck soon :)

and yeah America will def back them so they dont get owned

well its therefore isreals war. their army is big enough, they have enough weapons. let them fight thier own war.

im sure even the knobs that run the USA will realise that they cant possibly wage a war with iran as well. not seeing as they'll be stuck in iraq for another 10 years

anyway. it will only go that way if the republicans get in., as unfortunatelty, every time the democrats have a drawn out race, the republicans get in.

EVEN JOHN MCCAIN KNOWS HE CANT FIGHT A WAR WITH BOTH IRAN AND IRAQ.

Brainwiped wrote:

well its therefore isreals war. their army is big enough, they have enough weapons. let them fight thier own war.

im sure even the knobs that run the USA will realise that they cant possibly wage a war with iran as well. not seeing as they'll be stuck in iraq for another 10 years

anyway. it will only go that way if the republicans get in., as unfortunatelty, every time the democrats have a drawn out race, the republicans get in.

EVEN JOHN MCCAIN KNOWS HE CANT FIGHT A WAR WITH BOTH IRAN AND IRAQ.

Wrong, the Israeli military is one of the greatest in the world, but they aren't equal in size to Iran's forces. I as an American would back Israel should they get involved with Iran. Iran is not only a threat to Israel but to the entire western civilization. When Israel attacks, that will give us the green light to take out Iran with them. I look forward to the day that Iran has fallen.

I like hunting bullshit, corruption, hazing, fraud and abuse within the subcultures of society. You can call me the Inspector General...

Brendan88 wrote:

Wrong, the Israeli military is one of the greatest in the world, but they aren't equal in size to Iran's forces. I as an American would back Israel should they get involved with Iran. Iran is not only a threat to Israel but to the entire western civilization. When Israel attacks, that will give us the green light to take out Iran with them. I look forward to the day that Iran has fallen.

I don't think Iran can threaten the whole of western civilisation.
      I doubt they have the ability to nuke the western world, and definitely not to take it out. Leave them alone.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trogdor_74 wrote:

I don't think Iran can threaten the whole of western civilisation.
      I doubt they have the ability to nuke the western world, and definitely not to take it out. Leave them alone.

Think what you like, but most people like myself don't like a country that has threatened to wipe Israel off the map. They are building nuclear weapons, only a dumb fool would actually trust a government that said they don't believe the holocaust happened, and take their word for their intentions with nuclear material. Leave them alone? Haha, yeah, let's let them be. In a few years when they are waging war on sanity maybe you'll be thinking otherwise.