Controlling Mother

• Controlling Mother

Classic case to many teens I'm sure... But what I have is slightly different.
      Mostly everything I do is forced. Straight down to the high school I go to. She even works at the school for Pete sake.
      Long story short: I want to go to the school I'm ZONED for. She says I'll get shot there (note: there is no recent violence here). I want to join an elective that I'm interested in. She forces me into the elective called "AVID" and her excuse is I'll never get into college with a different elective. Very supportive. *sarcasm*
      I get good grades, I'm in honors/AP classes, I'm in Honor Society and I'm generally a nice person. I constantly get picked on because she's the kind of evil teacher that nobody ever likes. Me being her daughter, I'm just the "perfect target" for a bully who wants to take their rage out on somebody for that teacher doing them wrong.
      I've tried getting her to change at least one thing, but I have a suppressive emotional disorder where I can't exactly keep a straight head when talking to she who is more stubborn than a Texas mule.

Any advice is appreciated.
    • Re: Controlling Mother

whats that?

ur mum is just doing what she thinks is best for you, the group thing but be something she heard will get u extra points or something, and the school been there x.x i moved from east london to south west cos mum didnt like the highschool there and wanted me to go to an all girls school (K it was a good move in the end im not in a gang as i prob would be if i stayed.),

anyhows try to be a little understanding with ur mum shes just trying to do the best she can, and the bullies, theyll just get worse if you try to get ur mum to be nicer - bullies would try to get u do 'help' them out. deal with them urself after all if u cant deal with them while ur in school where the teachers can help then how r u gonna deal with them when ur on ur own at work or when u move out?

ive been bullied since i started going to school, i got a really submissive personality, im full of regret for not dealing with my bullies, when they hit my i should of hit back instead of crying. I havent develop any sort of fighting back skills, i cant hit, cuss, backchat or anything x.x

if you cant talk to your mum then talk to a friend or even your pet, its good to get all the questions and such out ^^
    • Re: Controlling Mother

BlockHead2111 wrote:

If you wanna move that bad, it's your decision, consult your school head or something and go from there. :)
      And for people asking what Suppressive Emotion Disorder is... It's pretty fucking self explanatory... She always suppresses her emotions... :D
      Not all disorders are just what they say they are. For example, with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, the person actually abhors themselves.

But she said she has a suppressive emotion disorder - meaning a disorder that causes her to suppress her emotions (almost all psychological disorders make people more likely to do this, actually); so I was somewhat looking for the exact disorder. And I was also making fun of her, since I think she's full of shit.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]