Overweight and sick of it.

• Overweight and sick of it.

I'm 14 and 158-160. I can't seem to lose weight. I'm exelent with my portions and snackfood isn't an issue. I am unhappy with my body and I don't understand how to lose weight. I'm only 14 so I can't do many differn't dieting programs. I'm not even old enough to get into the gym. I try running but to be honest I just can't. I'm never in the mood and I feel absolutly terrible afterwards. How can I lose weight, there are so many things I want to do but am to ashamed because of my body and summer is only a month away and I refuse to wear a bathing suit looking like this.
      Okay, you can stand next to me as long as you don't talk about the temperature.

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Remember it all started with a dream and a mouse" - Walt Disney
    • Re: Overweight and sick of it.

Hi! :)

I see that you're watching the portions of what you eat, but maybe a suggestion is to watch what you eat. I'm not sure how your eating habits are, but portion size isn't always the solution. I'm sure you know, eating an apple is better than eating a cookie. Or another example, if you eat soup, try and stay away from the really creamy soups b/c those carry a ridiculous amount of calories. And just little unhealthy things here and there add up. If you're out at a restaurant and you order a salad maybe ask for dressing on the side so they don't smother it. (Dieters tip for salads: dip the tip of your fork into the dressing instead of pouring it all over your salad) ... I'm not sure if this helps you, but I thought i'd suggest it.

.. It's a lot about what you choose to eat too.

Also, since you don't like running, then don't run. It's much better for you to keep your heart rate up at the same rate for a longer period of time by continuous power walking than it is to run a short distance and stop. And plus it's easier on your knees. Eventually you're energy level will increase and then you can start jogging intervals during your walks. .. Distance and time is better than worrying about speed.

I hope this helps! :0)

I can't run because I feel sick afterwards. I walked/ran this morning and I honestly feel like curling up into a ball.

I can't afford a bike right now, I can't get a job. My old one was stolen and that was my way for transportation so now I walk. about 40 minutes of exercize on every week day right there.

I eat right, I ador fruit and my parents don't buy junk food (thank the lord for that).

Thankyou Ranchyboo, your seem like the only one who isn't trying to argue with me about my situation.
      Okay, you can stand next to me as long as you don't talk about the temperature.

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Remember it all started with a dream and a mouse" - Walt Disney

there are numerous ways,
      i dunno how good weight loss patches are and stuff like that but im sure you will lose that as you get into your late teens. I know it must be a pain but at least you will get into the gym someday :)
      as it is obviously wearing you out easily maybe try doing small exercizes then build it up to longer periods.

I suggest giving swimming a try. I am in the same situation and swimming helps a lot and also watching how much sugar you eat might help. You might want to also try yoga.
      whatever happens conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.:)There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.:wink:

I'm glad I could give you a little help/support. :)

If you feel that terrible from running, I wouldn't recommend that you exercise that way anymore. Just power walk for longer distances.

But don't worry, you are still young and are probably still growing a little.

I hope you find something that works best for you. :)

Maiflowers wrote:

I can't run because I feel sick afterwards. I walked/ran this morning and I honestly feel like curling up into a ball.

I can't afford a bike right now, I can't get a job. My old one was stolen and that was my way for transportation so now I walk. about 40 minutes of exercize on every week day right there.

I eat right, I ador fruit and my parents don't buy junk food (thank the lord for that).

Thankyou Ranchyboo, your seem like the only one who isn't trying to argue with me about my situation.

I know how much it hurts
      I have trouble running but I do still run
      I'm into sports and when we run kids make fun of me and I pant severly afterwards but I do it and believe me I've seen results unlike u I dont eat well so I should really be obese now if it wasn't for running
      It hurts but keep going
      You may throw up but you can do it
      Keep ur eye on the prize

Maybe even see ur doc about getting an inhaler?