"High School Sweethearts"

• Re: "High School Sweethearts"

Yes I do. My parents met in the eighth grade and got married. But they're divorced now so I guess that doesn't prove much, lol. No seriously, I believe that if the love is there and two people really want to, I don't see why not. But most teens in high school aren't ready to be in serious relationships. I have been with my boyfriend since we were freshmen. We are going to be seniors this coming school year. We have a son together and when the time is right, we are going to get married.
      [CENTER]
      [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Black"]baby you the fuckin` best. ツ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

I see. Because people keep telling me that me and my bf probably won't last long. It bugs me. I'm not one of those people who get all defensive and yell that we'll be together forever, because I don't know that for sure. I really want that to happen but I dunno. Although, I've also been told I don't know what love is because I'm only 14/15 and in grade 9. :(

GeminiJaix08 wrote:

I see. Because people keep telling me that me and my bf probably won't last long. It bugs me. I'm not one of those people who get all defensive and yell that we'll be together forever, because I don't know that for sure. I really want that to happen but I dunno. Although, I've also been told I don't know what love is because I'm only 14/15 and in grade 9. :(

People used to tell me that all the time when me and my boyfriend first got together. I just shook it off. Some people will say that because they are hoping it will bring you guys down. I'm not saying you and your boyfriend will last forever, but don't let others get in between your guys' relationship. And there's no set age to fall in love. It's just something that happens, it's not planned.
      [CENTER]
      [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Black"]baby you the fuckin` best. ツ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

It depends on if you get lucky and find "the one" that early.

I'm 16 and i've been with my guy since i first turned 15 - everyone told me it wouldn't last because we're from different countries etc (we live in the same one though!)

Just stick it out.

If it happens it happens, if it doesn't move on.

I guess you could say that me and my boyfriend are high school sweethearts. We started dating at the beginning of our senior year and we're going into our second year of college now.

I think it all depends on how much you two want to work things out. Now, do we have plans for marriage or whatever? It's not on the top of our priority list.

Right now we're just workign through college and getting ourselves established. If we happen to last through all that then maybe we'll think about making that solid commitment. Otherwise .... nyeh.

GeminiJaix08 wrote:

Most high school relationships don't last incredibly long, there are some that do, but the thing is yours probably won't. That's not saying that it won't for absolute sure last, or that it will last, it can go either way, but statistically speaking, it probably won't, but it still might.

How long have you too been together?

Also, you shouldn't let what people say get to you, just be happy in the moment and don't try and think too much about whether or not you and your boyfriend will be together forever. Just be happy with what you have now.

I don't think its good to get married so young.

In our personality development (Psychology here) where at the experimenting and finding who we are. The next stage is finding intimacy. Attaching so quickly will usually not work out, if it does you were seriously influenced that person and missed out on changing and trying new things.

Unless of course you both changed together. There will always be the rare cases, yet generally speaking I think its not good.

EDIT: The average relationship I hear about in High School seems very shallow and superficial. So naturally, based on my few experiences, a relationship being formed out of such weak concepts is not a good idea.

Attila wrote:

In our personality development (Psychology here) where at the experimenting and finding who we are. The next stage is finding intimacy.

Never thought I'd hear that on here. The stage most on here are at is called Identity vs. Identity Confusion. I say most because I'm actually at the next stage Attila mentions which is called Intimacy vs. Isolation.

Family Resources, y0 :D

EDIT: The average relationship I hear about in High School seems very shallow and superficial. So naturally, based on my few experiences, a relationship being formed out of such weak concepts is not a good idea.

Some are, some aren't. It really depends on how mature a person can take a long-term relationship. I have a friend who's been with her bf for almost 2 years and they've been dating since she was a sophmore. Things have been working out for them. Then again, these two don't have much of a desire to rack up a list of exes.
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]