In the closet?

• Re: In the closet?

ChristianK wrote:

Alright I will tell you why but I dont want to start a fight. I believe that there really is no such thing as being bi. I think that girls who say they are bi are doing it for attention, and guys who say they are bi are doing it because they are too scared to come out as gay. I think bi is just an excuse to be accepted more than actual homosexuals. Thats just my opinion,

That may make sense except that some bi people keep their orientation a secret.

If it's obviously possible for somebody to be homosexual, why do you exclude the possibility that somebody has a mixture of both attractions?
      And your very flesh shall be a great poem.
      -Walt Whitman

ChristianK wrote:

bi is to widely accepted. There are only straight and gay people. Normally I wouldnt accept gay people but what the hell. Bi people act like they cant choose. Thats crap. They should pick a side and stop being greedy.

There are so many things wrong with that post. No offense, but you are extremely-closed mind. For one, you act as if homosexuality and bisexuality were a choice. "Stop being greedy?" You don't *pick* a side, or else I would choose to be straight. "Normally I wouldn't accept gay people." Well, then what exactly is the abnormality? Or do you still not "accept" our orientation, as if we needed your acceptance?

You yourself claimed to have your own mind and opinions. Show me.
      -Walt Whitman

"bi is to widely accepted. There are only straight and gay people. Normally I wouldnt accept gay people but what the hell. Bi people act like they cant choose. Thats crap. They should pick a side and stop being greedy."

Wow. It really bothers me when people say something of this kind, because they assume sexual orientation is a choice, when in actual fact you can no more choose your sexual orientation than you can your eye colour or hair colour etc. You are born with it, and you have no control of it, you are what you are. And bi people cannot just "pick a side" because they are attracted to both genders and that, as I said, is something they have no control over.

love.me.or.hate.me wrote:

Wow. It really bothers me when people say something of this kind, because they assume sexual orientation is a choice, when in actual fact you can no more choose your sexual orientation than you can your eye colour or hair colour etc. You are born with it, and you have no control of it, you are what you are. And bi people cannot just "pick a side" because they are attracted to both genders and that, as I said, is something they have no control over.

I agree with you that it isn't a choice but I don't agree that you're "born" with it. I think that's an oversimplification. There may be genetic or biological reasons, but I think it is mostly psychological reasons--influences on the person as they develop as a child.
      -Walt Whitman

Well it may be that it differs from person to person but all the gay/bi people I've talked to have said they were always that orientation...sometimes they were in denial and it took them a while to admit it, but there was never a time when they weren't gay or bi. It didn't develop for them, it was just how they were. But maybe that's just my personal experience and for other's it is more developmental, I don't know!

love.me.or.hate.me wrote:

Well it may be that it differs from person to person but all the gay/bi people I've talked to have said they were always that orientation...sometimes they were in denial and it took them a while to admit it, but there was never a time when they weren't gay or bi. It didn't develop for them, it was just how they were. But maybe that's just my personal experience and for other's it is more developmental, I don't know!

Wait, so what you're saying is that they came out of the womb homosexual or bisexual? Because, I really doubt it. I think its that when a person develops in their life, just as they discover different things about themselves, they're discovering things-like their sexual orientation- that may have been developing for years and they just didn't know it, if that's what you mean. If its not what you mean, then maybe I'm just rambling.
      [SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=3]Why do we play into this motive?
      What are you waiting for tonight?
      You wonder, you wait and you can't get through this without a line.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [/SIZE]

ChristianK wrote:

exactly. people arent born gay. they become gay. its the liberal media that make people think they are born it. obviously now i have pissed of the resident gay, and now im gonna have to hear shit about it. I really dont care, because bi is not an orientation. you arent born bi. thats just a sad excuse for people to get attention.

Wait, wait, wait. No, bisexuality IS a sexual orientation. You can like girls and boys at the same time. Anyone can like anyone. I'm saying that you aren't born with any specific sexual orientation, not that some are born gay and some are born attention starved and decide to pretend to be bisexual. Of course, some people DO in fact pretend to be bisexual, or are accused of doing so, when in reality, they are just confused over their sexuality. And yes, it's quite possible to be confused, or curious in matters concerning sexuality.
      [SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=3]Why do we play into this motive?
      What are you waiting for tonight?
      You wonder, you wait and you can't get through this without a line.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [/SIZE]

ChristianK wrote:

exactly. people arent born gay. they become gay. its the liberal media that make people think they are born it. obviously now i have pissed of the resident gay, and now im gonna have to hear shit about it. I really dont care, because bi is not an orientation. you arent born bi. thats just a sad excuse for people to get attention.

Ha ha, "the resident gay." I like that, thank you. :D I was pissed off briefly but calmed myself down. Now I just think it's bizarre that you think of homosexuality as an orientation but not bisexuality. Why? Do you have any evidence? You call them "greedy," which is ridiculous. I have a hard time believing there's any thought put into that statement and you're just acting on pure bias. But believe what you want.

Btw, most people think gays are "born that way" because they've mistaken biology as the only alternative to conscious choice.
      -Walt Whitman

ChristianK wrote:

first off im not trying to piss people off but i have known lots of bi people and they all turn out to be gay if they are a guy, and if they are a girl they always have been bi only when guys are around, or to tell guys about to get them horny. thats my experiance.

Alright, that's valid. Although I don't think you should conclude from your own experience of bisexuals that "bi is not an orientation. ... thats just a sad excuse for people to get attention." You make awfully strong statements for somebody who's opinions are based on a very small group of people. You are generalizing too broadly, I think, considering that if somebody can like the same gender or the opposite gender it's quite plausible for them to like both.

The other thing that pissed me off (it shouldn't have) is the off-hand remark you made about gays. What do you mean that you "wouldn't normally accept gay people?"
      -Walt Whitman

bein gay, straight or bi is not a choice, u are attracted to females, did u choose 2 do dat, no u didnt jus lyk gay and bisexual people are attracted to men or both men and women, u dnt pick who u lyk or who ur attracted to. Most people get confused about their sexuality at some point in their lifes. You cant judge all gay people or all bisexual people because of the people u know. Why dont u accept gay people they are jus lyk u, they just attracted to people of the same sex, doesnt make them any less human.

godless_musician wrote:

Alright, that's valid. Although I don't think you should conclude from your own experience of bisexuals that "bi is not an orientation. ... thats just a sad excuse for people to get attention." You make awfully strong statements for somebody who's opinions are based on a very small group of people. You are generalizing too broadly, I think, considering that if somebody can like the same gender or the opposite gender it's quite plausible for them to like both.

The other thing that pissed me off (it shouldn't have) is the off-hand remark you made about gays. What do you mean that you "wouldn't normally accept gay people?"

Are you this defensive and passionate about racism? Environmental issues? World peace? I'm curious.
      “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be the doubts of today.”

Hot Air Balloon wrote:

Are you this defensive and passionate about racism? Environmental issues? World peace? I'm curious.

I am very against the way most people view sexual deviancy for reasons I won't go into. I don't know why certain issues make me so much more passionate than others, religion being one example.
      -Walt Whitman