Anyone have realatives in/going to Iraq?

• Anyone have realatives in/going to Iraq?

My cousin Jamie is a private first-class in the marines, and he's getting flown out there next month. :( It sucks, I don't want him to get hurt over there, but his mind is made up. He's smart, so I doubt he'll get into too much trouble over there.
      We be BURNNNNING!!! :cool:
    • Re: Anyone have realatives in/going to Iraq?

I have two family members over in Iraq now. I also have several freinds who are likely to be sent over there soon. Finally, I myself will probably end up serving over there with the US Navy, assuming the conflict is still going on 5 years from now. (After high school and 4-year) college is when I'm joining. All of us fully support it.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

Most Iraqis support the US actions. Look at the reactions to the original invasion. People going nuts in the streets, tearing down statues of Saddam, presenting soldiers with gifts, etc. For some reason, that strikes me as evidence that many support American involvement.

Those were the original responces
      Not the way the people are feeling now
      The US brought an end to a few years of peace, peace that was bought at a high price, but peace none the less.
      Now the army is stirring up a Civil War
      This is the biggest cock-up since the vietnam War. Not every solution involves Democracy and Imperialistic-Military actions.

The Army is not "stirring up" a civil war. The intention was to not leave a mess, rather leave behind a stable goverment. The people, apparantely, do not want a stable goverment. They want another dictator. This leaves a delima for the US. If we pull out, there will be many (who currently support the pullout) who will criticize us for not leaving a stable goverment. See the dilema here?

I know what the blasted intention was, but it was completely unneeded. The US managed to turn a small country with almost no army into an international terror almost overnight because they could find no one to blame for the terrorist attacks. FOOLISHNESS. Then you kill people and destroy a nation to find weapons that don't exists, create a government that does not work and bring peace to a region that was already at peace. American Imperialism at its finest. Close your ears and open your mouths. Tyrant of the Globe.

Dude, you need serious help, as well as a reality check. Iraq has been a threat to the US for years under Saddam. Countries carry the right to defend themselves. When the US does exactly that, however, we face condemption.

Iraq was a threat to the entire middle east. Let me tell you about something; its called a SCUD. Its a powerful missile that can carry weapons of mass destruction. Weapons of mass destruction is an umbrella term for the following:
      1.) Nuclear
      2.) Biological
      3.) Chemical
      4.) Atomic
      Iraq was in clear possesion of SCUDs, and it can be easily implied then that they would have something to load it with. After the mass genocide by Saddam upon his own people with chemical weapons, it can easily be assumed that Iraq was in possesion of chemical weapons, thus posing a threat to the US, Japan, Isreal, and Britan.

The Commisions could only go where Saddam permitted them. Did you know that, in the weeks just before and during the inspection, certain anti-American countries around Iraq came into possesion of WMDs?

You haven't, you have only danced around my point. Lets get in to a hypothetical demonstration. Say you want to search my computer. I agree, but I only let you search certain parts. You can ONLY search thoose parts. Now, what would I do? I would move any files you might be looking for to restricted areas, or delete them. After all of them are taken care of, I let you have access to my system- but all are deleted without a trace.

This is how it was with the weapons inspectors and Saddam. He had odvious chemical weapons capabilities and had only to move them at his leisure.