I don't know if this counts as abuse, but

• Re: I don't know if this counts as abuse, but

I'd say that's abuse.

Since she's the adult and the mother, you can't do anything about her. But you can always call someone. Call a family member or a good friend and see if they'll help you. Abuse is something the cops will have to get involved with and you can't do that alone, so have someone with you to help you out.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

She had a headache. There is absolutely no reason her mom couldn't turn it down. Period.

You obviously have zero respect for your parents. When you ask a parent to do something with something they pay for and they say no, you don't disobey them and then shove your disobedience in their face. If you do that, you need to be straightened out. If she had a headache, she should've gone to another room.

Strawberryshortcake wrote:

You obviously have zero respect for your parents. When you ask a parent to do something with something they pay for and they say no, you don't disobey them and then shove your disobedience in their face. If you do that, you need to be straightened out. If she had a headache, she should've gone to another room.

You are obviously very ignorant. Although you know nothing about me, you say I have 0 respect for my parents, which is completely false. I would never be in a situation like this, because my parents respect me as well.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

You are obviously very ignorant. Although you know nothing about me, you say I have 0 respect for my parents, which is completely false. I would never be in a situation like this, because my parents respect me as well.

ignorant? I think you're the ignorant one. How can you think it's perfectly okay for a child to so blatantly disobey their parent?

ignorant? I think you're the ignorant one. How can you think it's perfectly okay for a child to so blatantly disobey their parent?

Turning down the TV is not really disobeying.

And how can you think that almost breaking her hand for it is perfectly ok?
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Turning down the TV is not really disobeying.

And how can you think that almost breaking her hand for it is perfectly ok?

Okay, maybe you're just not good at reading? Her mom said "no" That means that you do not have the right to grab the remote, turn the volume down anyway, and then shove it in her face. And I said a slap was warranted. but again, you can't read. I even said the hand thing was ridiculous, if it's not a lie.

Okay, maybe you're just not good at reading? Her mom said "no" That means that you do not have the right to grab the remote, turn the volume down anyway, and then shove it in her face. And I said a slap was warranted. but again, you can't read. I even said the hand thing was ridiculous, if it's not a lie.

I can read fine. I guess It's all how you look at things. I think disobeying is ... Idk, sneaking out at night? Now something as small as turning down the TV.. well, I just don't think its a huge deal.

And Sorry, I must have missed that part.

None the less, I'm done arguing. It's going nowhere.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

I can read fine. I guess It's all how you look at things. I think disobeying is ... Idk, sneaking out at night? Now something as small as turning down the TV.. well, I just don't think its a huge deal.

And Sorry, I must have missed that part.

The turning down part isn't the most...defiant thing. It's how she shoved her defiance in her mother's face.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

No, it seems you stopped arguing because you gave up / feel like you lost. Arguments between 2 rational people never go nowhere.

You see, in a rational debate, you finish when you can't find any flaws/errors in whoever you're arguing with's posts.

This is what happens when you can't find any.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

Neal wrote:

No, it seems you stopped arguing because you gave up / feel like you lost. Arguments between 2 rational people never go nowhere.

You see, in a rational debate, you finish when you can't find any flaws/errors in whoever you're arguing with's posts.

This is what happens when you can't find any.

Neal, I don't feel "defeated". I feel tired of arguing... I never found much interest in it.

Nor do I really care what a "rational debate" is.

And finally, nobody asked for your opinion.

--

And as to what strawberry said, yeah I guess there was no justified reason for her to shove it in her moms face.

You're right about that.

Neal wrote:

Did you notice how this argument started some 24 hours ago?

Just get another night's sleep, then. Then continue again tomorrow.

If not, then you really are defeated.

Uhm, I didn't mean literally tired.

And fine, Neal, if you think I'm defeated, then so be it.

I know it's none of my business, but wasn't the point of this thread to ask what she should do about what her mother did to her? She shouldn't of just turned down the TV and throw it into her mother's face, but her mother shouldn't have hurt her the way she did.

I have been in this situation, my mom would go nuts over the little thing.... No you shouldn't have said wat you did after turning the tv down....however I completley understand the reason you said it, especially if your mom is anything like mine was...She would do things, or not do things just to upset me and try to make me smart off...I used to get dish soap poured down my throat, beat with a belt and slapped across the face, and all sorts of things....One time my mom seen me bump my lil sis (just playin around, seriously) and she charged at me grabbed me pinned me up against the wall, slapped me yelled at me and spit in my face, i got away and crawled through her legs and went in the bathroom and locked the door, she busted the door down and beat me with the belt....I ended up with a broken arm, but i was too afraid to report it.....so yes this is condidered abuse and you should try to do something about it, b4 it gets too outta hand and u seriously get hurt , and take pictures of any and all bruises.

luvawithabrokenheart wrote:

My mom and I never get along. We're either always fighting or always getting on each others nerves. I guess you could say that's normal seeing as how I'm a teenage girl and not prone to obeying orders or authority. But that's not the point. Sometimes our fights are verbal, but they turn quickly into physical. She'll slap me or hit me or pinch me, scratch me, and chase after me. If i hit her back, she acts like it's the worst crime in the world, when all i'm trying to do is to defend myself. Today, I had a headache, and asked her to turn down the tv. She wouldn't, so i turned it down myself, and told her, "How about that?" in a kind of smart-aleck way. However, she took it a little too far. She jumped up and came at me, grabbed my left hand, and bent my fingers back. I seriously felt like they were about to break, i was in so much pain, so i slapped her everywhere i could to get her off me before she broke my hand. After I sat down, she kicked me on the leg, and immediately a lump swelled on my leg followed by a nasty-looking bruise. I really don't know if this counts as abuse, but it's starting to wear me out and i've been crying every night because it happens every other day. I just don't know what to do, and I really need help.

your mother is abusein you and if it is not sorted out now it will lead to problems later in life go to the cops tell them everythin and what happens from there happens but your mother needs to learn she cant do that to her own child its just not right like

God help your children if you ever had any you would be the worst parent ever so wat you are sayin is its ok for your parents to nearly break your fingers how would you feel if that happened to u

This is a common problem people find. Drawing the line between day-to-day parenting and abuse is very hard. When I was younger, not so much now, my parents would occasionally give me a slap if I misbehaved. That's what I'd call day-to-day parenting, a light tap to put a child back into place. My parents never meant to hurt me, they were doing it for my own benefit at the end of the day. If you're mum is actually pulling back your fingers and hitting you as hard as possible, I'd personally call this abuse.

Some people have advised you to talk to her but sometimes it's often a good idea to get someone else involved as I've heard of situations in the past where someone's tried to consult their parent only to be beaten even harder. This is obviously something you want to avoid. If I were you, I would try talking to another relative, preferably someone you trust. Once you have them behind you, I'd then try to talk to your mum. If she continues to abuse you, this is when you need to get an organisation involved.

I wish you the best of luck with your situation and I hope you manage to resolve the problem between you and your mum.