Women should be drafted, if draft is necessary

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Women should be drafted, if draft is necessary

It is now obvious that the next step towards achieving greater sexual equality would be to draft women as well as men during times of war and peace. For years men have been the noble heroes to protect the women and children at home, but since the advocacy of womens' rights during the twentieth century, times have changed. It is clear that the legal rights of women have vastly improved and have reached a state of equilibrium, yet men must continue the burden of being drafted. It is no wonder, then, that some feminists believe that we have yet to escape a semi-patriarchical society. The policy of only forcing males, the strong and the feeble, to fight and die for their country while neglecting the numerous amount of physically able females is nothing but arbitrary considering that each individual woman has just as much power in decision-making for the country. The philosophy behind the policy of male conscription is exactly what the feminist movement has been trying to bust since the second wave, yet the hypocricy of it all still exists in our sexually "equalizing" society.
    • Re: Women should be drafted, if draft is necessary

xJennyx wrote:

It is now obvious that the next step towards achieving greater sexual equality would be to draft women as well as men during times of war and peace. For years men have been the noble heroes to protect the women and children at home, but since the advocacy of womens' rights during the twentieth century, times have changed. It is clear that the legal rights of women have vastly improved and have reached a state of equilibrium, yet men must continue the burden of being drafted. It is no wonder, then, that some feminists believe that we have yet to escape a semi-patriarchical society. The policy of only forcing males, the strong and the feeble, to fight and die for their country while neglecting the numerous amount of physically able females is nothing but arbitrary considering that each individual woman has just as much power in decision-making for the country. The philosophy behind the policy of male conscription is exactly what the feminist movement has been trying to bust since the second wave, yet the hypocricy of it all still exists in our sexually "equalizing" society.
      The part that I bolded isn't entirely accurate. Even when drafted, military recruits have to pass a physical exam to participate in war, so the "feeble" aren't typically sent to fight.

You're going on about how feminists fight for equal rights and all, but I'm sure as far as women go, only extreme feminists would want women to be drafted. Normal feminists would probably complain if something like that were to happen.
      [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I disagree. Women are not as strong as men. We are not equal to them at all when it comes to physical strength, and most women are not as strong as men are emotionally. If women are drafted, we should be drafted not as soldiers, but as nurses.

And like Onyxeyes said, feeble men have not gone to war, even during drafts, men must pass physical tests.

I disagree. Women are not as strong as men. We are not equal to them at all when it comes to physical strength, and most women are not as strong as men are emotionally. If women are drafted, we should be drafted not as soldiers, but as nurses.

And like Onyxeyes said, feeble men have not gone to war, even during drafts, men must pass physical tests

Well women would have to pass a physical fitness test too. The bare minimum requirements for joining the military are very easy to achieve. And, those that can't pass with at least the minimum requirements are held in a special pre-boot camp physical training program until they can.

Then, in a draft, those that pass with only the bare minimum could be assigned to jobs that don't require that much strength. Any young person of either gender in at least average shape could pass with the bare minimum requirements, especially with that pre-boot camp program to help them.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Strawberryshortcake wrote:

I disagree. Women are not as strong as men. We are not equal to them at all when it comes to physical strength, and most women are not as strong as men are emotionally.

Why wouldn't they just be subjected to the same physical/emotional tests as a man on a individual basis?

Regardless, I'm opposed to the draft full stop, so I can't advocate a policy that simply increases the amount of people subject to it.

Fucking hell you're clearly some bloody irritating women's rights nut who doesn't seem to know where the equality line is.
      This thread is basically exactly the same as your other one, but I think you're going against what you said about drawing the line at certain circumstances.

Strawberryshortcake wrote:

I am to a degree sexist, against women, and I am a woman. I do not think women should be allowed to do certain jobs, because we are simply not as suited for certain jobs as men are. In nature, males are meant to be the physically stronger sex, therefore females should not try to do a job that is clearly meant for someone with more strength.

Like s1919 said, the day women and men are equal is the day when we fight each other in boxing matches.

Quoted from your other thread. I agree 100%.

Women aren't allowed to be soldiers for a reason, and that reason is that most aren't physically or mentally suited for the job. You can argue there are some that are, but with things like this we have to generalise and make decisions based on the vast majority of a certain population.
      There are jobs men wouldn't be as suited to as women, but I think men are allowed to do nearly everything because of the simple fact that in general men are physically and mentally stronger than women so there aren't a lot of jobs you can rule us out of.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

If women are drafted, men should be made to cerry children too, with some looong surgery work. :p:p:p
      [RIGHT]Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song..You go ahead, let your hair down
      Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, just go ahead, let your hair down.

[/RIGHT]

DamnImGood wrote:

Really? I thought feminists want equality. It would only be fair if able-bodied women were drafted just as men were.
      Feminists are for equaltity, but I can almost guarantee that even if they were to fight for this, if they were actually drafted they would end up crying and being upset, or something similar. That's just they way women are.
      [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Assaultrifle wrote:

Well women would have to pass a physical fitness test too. The bare minimum requirements for joining the military are very easy to achieve. And, those that can't pass with at least the minimum requirements are held in a special pre-boot camp physical training program until they can.

Then, in a draft, those that pass with only the bare minimum could be assigned to jobs that don't require that much strength. Any young person of either gender in at least average shape could pass with the bare minimum requirements, especially with that pre-boot camp program to help them.

you're right the tests are easy, I meet all of the requirements. But am I as strong physically or mentally as you or pretty much any man? NO. Not even close. if women are drafted, they shouldn't be drafted as soldiers because, simply put, we could just end up slowing the men down.