How Do You Feel About The War???

• Re: How Do You Feel About The War???

The war is nothing more than an attempt for America to expand its imperialistic goals and secure resources and monopolies at the expense of other people. If not, then it is the greatest single act of stupidity by popular vote.
      Iraq was a harmless power by the end of the second Gulf War. It had no weapons of mass destruction and so far the war has done nothing but cause unrest and ruined what may have been a long-lasting peace, peace at a great cots, but peace none the less.

jnifw3nloi wrote:

The war is nothing more than an attempt for America to expand its imperialistic goals and secure resources and monopolies at the expense of other people. If not, then it is the greatest single act of stupidity by popular vote.
      Iraq was a harmless power by the end of the second Gulf War. It had no weapons of mass destruction and so far the war has done nothing but cause unrest and ruined what may have been a long-lasting peace, peace at a great cots, but peace none the less.

I hope you're not implying that all Americans are as stupid as G. Dubya. This was, in fact, his doing.

I agree with the fact that he was wrong about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. I honestly think it's a sort of cover-up to a mistake he's made. I feel as if it's almost Bush is trying to justify his reasons for going over there by freeing the Iraqi people.

Don't get me wrong. I think that those people should have been freed from Sadam Hussein's terroristic reign, but come on...I don't think it should have been a way for Bush to justify his reasons for sending troops there after he realized that he made a major mistake.

The Iraqi's are free now. We have been training their military forces, and I think it's time that we get our troops back home safe. It's time for them to take hold of their country for themselves.

But, this is JMHO.

Under Suddam the peace which was created, although costly, had given way to a society that while repressed under a militarist regime, was still growing economically and socially. This peace was shattered when the government and many of the people decided it was prudent to invade. Now, the region has be brought to Civil War, disorder and death. Nothing has been made better, and if the US army does not have the will to finish what it has started, then it should not put its nose into the affairs of anyone else.
      Before "democracy" can be created, there must be peace. While I am not a fan of the saying "Arms keep peace" it is too late to do anything else.
      And I do not say this only at America, the Israeli war with Lebonon is one of the great autrocities against mankind. The killing of so many, destroying so many lives and resigning millions to poverty! There is no justification for this.

I think a few of ya'll need to do your research.
      1.) If Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction, than how was he able to gas out a tribe of his own people, killing hundreds? Chemical weapons do fall under the catagory of weapons of mass destructions.
      2.) Saddam and his sons were oppresors. If you can't admit that than I'm not going to waste any time argueing with you; its stupidity.
      3.) Lebonon attacked Isreal, not vice versa. Isreal defended itself and has the right to do such.
      4.) George W. Bush is not the only American supporting the world. The demorcratic party, the librals swore to end it. We're still over there. Congress, despite being majority democrat now, still renews the Bush policy of having troops over there every 90 days, and they have not cut off funding for the war.
      5.) American involvement in Iraq was a neccesity. After Saddams previous actions (esp. in the Gulf War and against the Kurds) the goverment had all right to be concerned. After 911, we realized that we had enemies who wanted to kill us. Iraq was a haven for them. Thus, we exerted our right to defend ourselves, something decided by the UN many years ago.
      6.) If US troops pull out now, without leaving a goverment behind, Iraq could fall easy victem to a military dicator, as it has before. The majority of Iraqs do not want a military dictatorship, to say the least. If we split up the three ethnic groups into their own states or "mini-countries" if you will, then the concern is that they will war with each other for power and land. A UN buffer, or DMZ, would be neccesary to maintain peace. Chances of the UN doing such a thing: 0.
      7.) Civil wars happen. In case you didn't know, the US went through one many years ago; hence my avatar. We're a strong country now. Why? Because generally (though less in modern times due to advancement in weaponry) a just goverment will stand and one that the people do not support will stand.
      8.) Iraq is a hard country to govern. The people are used to violence and there are enough still around capable of such. The diversity there makes it a vituable firebomb no matter what happens. Elect a sunni president and the shittes get ticked off. Elect a shiite leader and the Kurds get mad. See how it is?

I support the idea of 3 states, one for each denomination, with temporary UN support for the whole thing, as well as a buffer zone between the states. However, the UN is unwilling to step in when they are clearly needed, and the US (having left countries to fall apart before and not wanting to do so again) is still there, trying to keep things together, doing something that is not our job.

I fully support our troops; to not do so is treason. I also fully support the war; something people have a constitutional right to do or do not. We have rights to freedom of speech and though, withing sanity. Despite ACLU attempts to end such, anyway. There were tories (British loyalists, pardon the jargon I'm a history addict) during the revolutionary war and the War of 1812; they are a classic early example of side determined to avoid change. One question though. If countries such as Iran were not providing weapons, ammunition, manpower, and supplies to terrorists groups operating in Iraq, would the civil war be as bad as it is?
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

FutureNavyMan08 wrote:

I fully support our troops; to not do so is treason. I also fully support the war; something people have a constitutional right to do or do not. We have rights to freedom of speech and though, withing sanity. Despite ACLU attempts to end such, anyway. There were tories (British loyalists, pardon the jargon I'm a history addict) during the revolutionary war and the War of 1812; they are a classic early example of side determined to avoid change. One question though. If countries such as Iran were not providing weapons, ammunition, manpower, and supplies to terrorists groups operating in Iraq, would the civil war be as bad as it is?

Two questions

1. If we have a constitutional right to free speech and thought, then how is it treason not to support the troops in Iraq?
      2. How exactly does the ACLU try to abridge free speech and thought?
      And your very flesh shall be a great poem.
      -Walt Whitman

You would continually justify the violation of the freedoms and rights of countless people in the name of self-defense? How long will you do this for? Until there is no one left but the great US? Until the entirety of mankind resides within your borders? You kill civilians and call it self defense. You allow others to kill civilians in the name of self defence. You claim to fight for freedom and for liberty, but it has been a long time since this was the case. How many cultures must you destroy? How many people must you kill before you realize you folly?
      You, the so called leader of the free world. Nothing but a despot. But it will not last, your time is done. You sink into oblivion and you don't even realise it.

godless_musician wrote:

Two questions

1. If we have a constitutional right to free speech and thought, then how is it treason not to support the troops in Iraq?
      2. How exactly does the ACLU try to abridge free speech and thought?

Umm, my thoughts exactly. lol

i personally am all for the wars in Iraq and afghanistan, sure many lives have been shatered and there is still a constant call for troos overseas, we are helping to unopress a nation, and until we believe that thei military is capale of handling themselves i feel that we need an active presence over there (we being the coalition) i fail to see why people are opposed to the war, sure people die, but people must die to acheive anything.
      Though silver in the palm weighs light, against the death by blast or sword.
      I shall not shy the open fight, for endeavour is its own reward.
      [URL=http://pwl-tech.co.uk/csg][/URL]

Lebanon did not start the war, Israel was not acting to defend itsself from Lebanon. A terrorist group that resided inside the country had kidnapped two Israeli soldiers. When Israel tried to retrieve them, they lost 5 move and a number of civilians and soldiers were injured.
      Israel then proceeded to blockade Lebanon and began to bomb its residential and industrial areas in an attempt to force the terrorists out. Needless to say, this was one of the worst strategies ever to be employed in a conflict. Not only did Israel not remove the terrorists, it killed hundreds of civilians, displaced close to a million, destroyed billions of dollars worth of property and set Lebanon back decades.
      Such a war cannot be justified. It was foolish of them to think this tactic would work, especially because of the political climate and cultural tensions. But pig-headedness always seems to win out in such self-righteous governments.

last time i checked the al-queda training camps are in saudia arabia not iraq so whats wrong with this picture? any way im against the war but i mean now that were in it we cant just pull out like that, so we must try to bring the troops home witht the appropriate military operations so less people are killed. Not to say the goverment is doing that. but w/e its useless to argue on something that the government wont change unless george W decides its ok. Thanks:)
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]I'm just floating[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]Trying to keep my head above[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]From sinking down[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]Into sand.[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Neo wrote:

Don't bother about him, godless_musician. His comments are a proof unto themselves that he is very uninformed about any history or constitution except his narrow outlook. He has already made pretty many mistakes in US history and constitution itself. World history, politics or constitution is miles away probably alien concept to him except his narrow opinions. Last time I checked he tried a personal insult when he found himself logically challenged in a forum discussion - tells tons about the crap which fill America.

I will bother about him, thank you. He is not an idiot.
      -Walt Whitman

Wow. Lots of mixed feelings on this subject.

Personaly, the war isn't such a bad thing. We where under an attack, which threatend our freedom. This didn't sit well with the president, and though it took a while we declared war. (Can't do it over night : ]). So yes, we are still in it after finding Sadam, but its because it has been proven that he did infact have bombs that could destroy countries. Also think of it has like WWII, we went over to help free the Jew's right? Well we stayed in Iraq to help their people get a better life. It's what American's are suppose to stand for right? Better lives, and freedom? Well the war is simply trying to give others the freedom that some so called "Americans" take for granted every day. So maybe you might think twice about dissing the president, or the war. When really they're just protecting your ass.

: ]

-But that's just my opinion.

Strawberry_Wine wrote:

Personaly, the war isn't such a bad thing. We where under an attack, which threatend our freedom. This didn't sit well with the president, and though it took a while we declared war. (Can't do it over night : ]). So yes, we are still in it after finding Sadam, but its because it has been proven that he did infact have bombs that could destroy countries. Also think of it has like WWII, we went over to help free the Jew's right? Well we stayed in Iraq to help their people get a better life. It's what American's are suppose to stand for right? Better lives, and freedom? Well the war is simply trying to give others the freedom that some so called "Americans" take for granted every day. So maybe you might think twice about dissing the president, or the war. When really they're just protecting your ass.

I would like my civil rights protected along with my ass. :rolleyes: Also my right to live under a secular government... I think there's plenty of material of this type with which to "diss" the president. I don't know whether the war in Iraq is justified--I don't know enough about it to have an informed opinion--but I do know that George Bush's black-and-white God's-on-our-side attitude majorly pisses me off. "You're either with us, or with the terrorists."
      I would like a president whose primary concern is the freedom and well-being of the American citizens--not somebody like Bush who believes himself to be "smiting" various countries and groups at the command of a deity.
      -Walt Whitman

Strawberry_Wine wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but (from this Wikipedia.org article):

"Great controversy emerged when no stockpiles of such weapons were found, leading to accusations that the United States, and in particular its President George W. Bush had deliberately inflated intelligence or lied about Iraq's weapons in order to justify an invasion of the country. While various leftover weapons components from the 1980s and 1990s have also been found, and most weapons inspectors do not now believe that the WMD program proceeded after 2002, though various theories continue to be put forward."

Therefore, there were no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq.

I can support the troops without supporting the war, and I damn sure don't have to support a president who's gotten us into this mess.

Floating.In.Sand wrote:

last time i checked the al-queda training camps are in saudia arabia not iraq so whats wrong with this picture?

You are correct. Not only are they in Saudia Arabia, they're also in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Kenya (I got my info here).

As far as I'm concerned, the truest threat to our nation was Osama Bin Laden and Al-Queda. That's why I don't understand all this Iraq B.S.

That's fine but, I didn't say we where still there looking for them. I said we're trying to bring them democracy and rebuild their country. We went there looking for them. I support the troops extremely from being away from their families to having their life on the line, but I truly believe that it is all for a good cause.

Wikipedia is also written from an opinionized papers. It's not always actual facts. It could very well be bias.

Also, I do agree with you for the most part on the president. Though I respect his position and authority. His grammer and speaking ability are very off sometimes, which makes me not think of him as so highly. And also he keeps adding more things to the war that is not called for. IE; Extended Deployments.

But, the war all in all was called for and I believe it is our duty as basic the worlds strongest country to clean up for the civilians of the country we destroyed.

Strawberry_Wine wrote:

That's fine but, I didn't say we where still there looking for them. I said we're trying to bring them democracy and rebuild their country. We went there looking for them. I support the troops extremely from being away from their families to having their life on the line, but I truly believe that it is all for a good cause.

Wikipedia is also written from an opinionized papers. It's not always actual facts. It could very well be bias.

I know you didn't say that. But, you said that they had in fact found weapons of mass destruction when they didn't. It is a known fact that there were no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq. I was just using that Wikipedia.org article to back up it up.

Strawberry_Wine wrote:

Wikipedia can be biased but the facts are usually straight. And if not there's usually a warning on the article and a talk page.
      -Walt Whitman