whats the point

• whats the point

well i guess im having one of my depressed moments, anyways lately i've just been having a hard time seeing what the point of life is, or at least my life. im working the most boring and absolutely dead-end job that i think anyone could, i've become seperated from people who i used to have good relathionships with. people say that everyone is good at something but i cant figure out what my talent is or things i have to be proud of. i dont have any great accomplishments, never won an award. i'm taking this year off from school to save money but will be going to college next year, however i have no idea what i want to take, no idea where i want to go in life, what i'll do or be, my ambition is to have an ambition. i donno. like sometimes i just look at life and think what the fuck, i'm supposed to spend a quarter of my life in school so that i can spend half my life working until i can retire and die, i know i'm never gonna be a millionaire or celebrity or be famous for a talent or anything like that so what's the point, i'm stuck in my menial boring ass life and i cant escape. i even met my soulmate before but we couldnt be together and it killed me. fuck. im pretty much just ranting now so i'll stop.
  • Re: whats the point

doolie wrote:

well i guess im having one of my depressed moments, anyways lately i've just been having a hard time seeing what the point of life is, or at least my life. im working the most boring and absolutely dead-end job that i think anyone could, i've become seperated from people who i used to have good relathionships with. people say that everyone is good at something but i cant figure out what my talent is or things i have to be proud of. i dont have any great accomplishments, never won an award. i'm taking this year off from school to save money but will be going to college next year, however i have no idea what i want to take, no idea where i want to go in life, what i'll do or be, my ambition is to have an ambition. i donno. like sometimes i just look at life and think what the fuck, i'm supposed to spend a quarter of my life in school so that i can spend half my life working until i can retire and die, i know i'm never gonna be a millionaire or celebrity or be famous for a talent or anything like that so what's the point, i'm stuck in my menial boring ass life and i cant escape. i even met my soulmate before but we couldnt be together and it killed me. fuck. im pretty much just ranting now so i'll stop.

Hey there, first let me address the issue of college. Not a lot of people know what they want to do when they reach college which is why they like experimenting with different stuff until they found something that they think they'll be able to achieve well in. You'll know what path you want to take once you actually find something to do. In the process of finding what they want to do in life, some people do work dead-end jobs. If that's what it takes to get you to where you want to be, then really - you can't complain, right? If you lost friends that you used to have such a good relationship with, why don't you make an effort and patch things up? Get reacquainted with them.
    [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

I am in my third year of college. I still don't know what I want to do with my life.

your worrying too much about the future, you need to focus on here and now. life is for living, not for worrying about everything.

you have a talent, you just need to find it. :)

the world is not going to end tomorrow, or you never know...it may just. so why not live for today?

go to those friends that are drifting away, get that relationship back. and be happy. :)

death only ever causes more pain.
    [SIZE=2]Gay and looking for a friend? Hell, any sexuality is welcome. PM ME FRIENDS VERY WELCOME! hehe[/SIZE]

Reliving life as I should. :)

doolie wrote:

Neal wrote:

I think a better question to ask is what's the point of death.
    what the fuck kind of answer is that

Unfortunately, life is a priviledge. If you want to ask "what's the point of life," 2 things you can infer: you want to move up, or go back down. If you want to go down, that is, back to 0, or death, that's fine.

In any event, priviledges aren't rights, so they are something you can take granted for. You of course, can choose to not have it, so if death is what you want then you can go for it.

Anyways, when I said "what's the point of death?" I probably inferred there is no advantage or benefit to it. But I didn't think it would take a genius to figure that 1 out.
    Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

Neal wrote:

so if death is what you want then you can go for it.

Anyways, when I said "what's the point of death?" I probably inferred there is no advantage or benefit to it. But I didn't think it would take a genius to figure that 1 out.

did i ever once say that i wanted to kill myself? NO! this is in the depression, self-harm and suicide forum, yes that's true, but that means it could be any one of those options, this isnt the omg im gonna kill myself forum. But I didn't think it would take a genius to figure that 1 out. just because my outlook on the future is dreary doesn't mean im gonna go grab a razor blade and cut my wrists.
    P.S. gtfo unless you have something good too say

doolie wrote:

did i ever once say that i wanted to kill myself?

No.

doolie wrote:

NO! this is in the depression, self-harm and suicide forum, yes that's true, but that means it could be any one of those options, this isnt the omg im gonna kill myself forum.

Then my if statement is never triggered. There is no rule or law that ever says all if statements are triggered.
    Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.