GOD: real or fake?

• Re: GOD: real or fake?

What does that have to do with erosion? Oh wait, i get it. But, here's my opinion of the great flood.

It wasn't so great. Archeologists have found eveidence that the great flood was in fact pretty great, but it wasn't world wide. It was actually just the area around the red sea. Granted, there have been floods all ovet the world, and actually, there is no evidence that these flood are a 'god' occurence, and not a natural occurence.

Oh, but it was covering the whole earth. the reason we do not see such great floods these days is because He promised (God that is) never to flood the whole earth again. (as in he wouldn't cause a flood to destroy the whole world again.) if that makes any sense to you.
    I'm probably not going to be here that much so if you wnat to get ahold of me email me or something cause i think i might just stop coming her as much. All the RPG's are dying, i'll come on and talk to some of you at times, just not as much. :(

SouthernChic wrote:

God, is real. Do you really think the world just went BOOM, and here everything was in one beautiful design.

By extension did God just BOOM into existence? If the beauty and complexity of the universe implies design than so does the beauty and complexity of God, so with that logic you've got yourself an infinite regress--one creator creates another creates another. I suggest you ask yourself whether the beauty and complexity we see around us has to be either an "accident" or the work of God.

If we all evoled wouldn't we all look the same?? Would there really be such beauty around us, and would everything be so utterly different from others of its species.

No, that's a pretty common misconception about evolution. There is not just one "right" way for an organism to be, which everything evolves to. There are so many different ways of surviving on planet earth that a huge diversity of species have evolved--also species that reproduce sexually use diversity itself as a way of surviving--thus you and I are different.

TO say there was not a god who did all this is crazy.

Reasons? Evidence?

The reason there is evil is because God lets us chose what we do with our lives, though he knows everything you will ever do, and if it is something that saddens him, it saddens him. But he will always love you no matter what, you are his child and that will never change.

Why would an omnipotent God create evil or even the potential of evil? If he is so powerful, couldn't he have made us both happy and free? Or are there restrictions on God's supposedly unrestricted power?
    And your very flesh shall be a great poem.
    -Walt Whitman

Would you want to live under a ruler that played you like puppets??? God always is and always will be. Evalution was made up by a man, we know who and where he was when he wrote it. there had been years before him, yet he made it up. The bible was written by men that were chosen by God, and were told by God what they were to right. People have been killed for it, have any been killed for evalution. if my belief was false why have so many people died over it.
    I'm probably not going to be here that much so if you wnat to get ahold of me email me or something cause i think i might just stop coming her as much. All the RPG's are dying, i'll come on and talk to some of you at times, just not as much. :(

godless_musician wrote:

I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

God is real and he is made of pasta.

I believe, therefore it's true. Do you feel his noodly appendage upon you, sinner?

haha who doesn't believe in a God made of pasta? Only people who are alergic to it I guess .
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]I'm just floating[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]Trying to keep my head above[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]From sinking down[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]Into sand.[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

SouthernChic wrote:

Would you want to live under a ruler that played you like puppets??? God always is and always will be. Evalution was made up by a man, we know who and where he was when he wrote it. there had been years before him, yet he made it up. The bible was written by men that were chosen by God, and were told by God what they were to right. People have been killed for it, have any been killed for evalution. if my belief was false why have so many people died over it.

do you mean evolution? Beause if so you have your facts very twisted.
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

SouthernChic wrote:

O and to begin with, the begining of the bible( the old testament) was a collection of works put together during the babylonian exile, it was used to help unite the jews in a time of dread, not as a factual bckbone for people.It was not said to be written by people chosen by God, even ask a religion teacher.
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

SouthernChic wrote:

Would you want to live under a ruler that played you like puppets???

AKA God? No.

You either didn't understand my answer or ignored it.

God always is and always will be. Evalution was made up by a man, we know who and where he was when he wrote it. there had been years before him, yet he made it up. The bible was written by men that were chosen by God, and were told by God what they were to right.

Reasons? Evidence?

People have been killed for it, have any been killed for evalution. if my belief was false why have so many people died over it.

Why is it such a great thing for an idea to have *deaths* associated with it? Is that your idea of truth? So Christians have died for their beliefs--they have also killed for them.
    -Walt Whitman

godless_musician wrote

"God is fake because:

1. There is no evidence of his existence or reason (beyond pragmatism) to believe he exists;
    2. Although the majority of the world believes in a god or gods there are several clear motives for them to believe this whether it is true or not.
    3. Depending on how you define "God" he may logically contradict the world we see around is. For example if you believe that God is both all-powerful and all-loving, then you run into the problem of evil.

So in brief:
    1. No evidence
    2. Wishful thinking
    3. Contradictions

I list all three to be thorough, but the first is sufficient to show that God does not exist or at least is highly unlikely to exist."

Ok so for once, I agree with you completely.

godless_musician wrote:

God is fake because:

1. There is no evidence of his existence or reason (beyond pragmatism) to believe he exists;
    2. Although the majority of the world believes in a god or gods there are several clear motives for them to believe this whether it is true or not.
    3. Depending on how you define "God" he may logically contradict the world we see around is. For example if you believe that God is both all-powerful and all-loving, then you run into the problem of evil.

So in brief:
    1. No evidence
    2. Wishful thinking
    3. Contradictions

I list all three to be thorough, but the first is sufficient to show that God does not exist or at least is highly unlikely to exist.

So true Godless musician!

SouthernChic wrote:

God, is real. Do you really think the world just went BOOM, and here everything was in one beautiful design. If we all evoled wouldn't we all look the same?? Would there really be such beauty around us, and would everything be so utterly different from others of its species. TO say there was not a god who did all this is crazy. The reason there is evil is because God lets us chose what we do with our lives, though he knows everything you will ever do, and if it is something that saddens him, it saddens him. But he will always love you no matter what, you are his child and that will never change.

So not true Southern chic, wheres the proof??? oh and there is no way i can be gods child......Im the DEVILS! child:wink:

fake its a coping thing

its why poor ppl believe in god a lot more
    if u tink about it logically ull see there is no such thing as god

ppl who have ppl close to them who die use this saying " i have to believe there is a god or heaven bec i have to believe ill see my mom again"

something like that it just helps ppl cope, when the reality is there is nothing there after u die.

meggypoo wrote:

fake its a coping thing

its why poor ppl believe in god a lot more
    if u tink about it logically ull see there is no such thing as god

ppl who have ppl close to them who die use this saying " i have to believe there is a god or heaven bec i have to believe ill see my mom again"

something like that it just helps ppl cope, when the reality is there is nothing there after u die.

Well, not always. I don't know why people believe, but I'm sure there are several reasons. Among them, yes, is that some people feel they need belief to cope in life, but there are those who could do fine without religion but believe it is true and following it. I'm not saying that they are all irrational (Lord knows Thomas Jefferson, who was a deist, was not irrational) but as near as I can tell they are all mistaken.
    -Walt Whitman

fumanchu451 wrote:

Do a little research on the Hovind Theory it might spark a new feeling about god

and hes in jail because the government didnt like what he was saying not because of taxes

More Young Earth Creationism hoo-ha. No more evidence for this than there is for any of the rest of it.
    -Walt Whitman