New Friends

• Re: New Friends

I know how you feel. When I left school, I went to a different college to all my other friends. I knew no one. And it was so hard to try and fit in with other people not knowing who they are - but, trust me when I say, it does get easier. And you'll meet new friends, I did - it took time, but I did.

I missed my old friends so much. Really, I was upset sometimes because we were all close when we left school, and then the sudden change to not seeing them everyday, really got me. But, we all made effort when we could, and I still see them today.

So my advice to you is; stick in there. It takes time to meet new people, and eventually become friends with them. It doesn't happen over night - try and bear with it.

Be yourself, just act like you did with you're old friends. And you'll attract friends who are just like you. Stay strong!

SimpleGirl*

Thankz guys I am shy at first but I am really outgoing and supposedly a loud person.

Simple Girl thanks Imma take your advice in I just hate this feeling because everyone else is all cool with each other and I seem like I have no friends. There is over 20,000 students there and I cant meet one person. It sucks but I'm glad I am not the only person who went through this so thanks. I'll try your advice.

tutorgirl wrote:

Thankz guys I am shy at first but I am really outgoing and supposedly a loud person.

Simple Girl thanks Imma take your advice in I just hate this feeling because everyone else is all cool with each other and I seem like I have no friends. There is over 20,000 students there and I cant meet one person. It sucks but I'm glad I am not the only person who went through this so thanks. I'll try your advice.

It's no problem at all.

I know, I know it's really tough, but you just have to give it some time and patience, i'm afriad theres no other option. No way, you're not the only one that felt like you have no friends what so ever - but, in time, I found some really good friends.

Don't worry - you will find some friends.

SimpleGirl*

yeah what simple girl said just be yourself, and if you cannn

represent things you like, like lets say, you got a T-shirt form a band you really like, just wear it, and one day someones gonna be. Yo you like (inserting random band) panic at the disco? cool nice blah blah.

eh at least thats how it happened for me when i was in a class with no friends.

:D

AccessDenied wrote:

Tutor girl you know - I'm painfully shy also. But what has helped me a lot is wearing a little smile when around strangers. A smile disarms people; makes them feel more at ease. It's the only action that I have found effective. I hope, along with our friends here, to have helped in some small way.

Best,
      Poppi

QFT

a smile:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) works wonders

tutorgirl wrote:

Ok Hi I'm new well um call me Kimmy LOL.

Ok I'm a freshman in college and I dont know I feel so outcasted at school. I feel so out of place and I want friends but sometime I miss my old friends way tooooo much. I dont know my friends tell me I'm a great friend meet some people but I dont know!!! Help???

I'm a fresher too :)

I love college, and I've met so many god damn peopel it's unbelievable ha I can't even remember all the names...

I'm sure you'll ease into it..you need to get used to change, can't stay the same way forveer. At my college they're doing a freshers party at this club next week, try see if they hold such activities....and get involved. Isolating yourself is probably the worst thign to do right now, just make conversation and make friends :)

Doesn't mean you have to lose your old friends....I met up with my old school friends for lunch today, it was great...sat on the benches at the bottom of the hill...liek old times being with them, but it does no harm to get out there nad meet new people!
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey: