A bit of a problem with a mate

• A bit of a problem with a mate

Hey guys,
      A little help would be appreciated here!
      Well I have/had a friend, but over the course of the summer somethings happened.
      They were only small arguements but I thought that we'd resolved them, because the night before school started she slept over at my house and all was fine and dandy.
      The arguments were about really silly things, like we went to see a play for school, and she walked out halfway through, even though it wasn't her who'd paid the £20 the ticket had cost (it was my mother) So I called her selfish and she ignored me for a week.
      She's also been ignoring me alot lately and ditching me because she has a new boyfriend. I waited 30mins at a trainstation waiting for her to find out she was actually at her bf's house, and hadn't called to cancel...

However this was all forgiven and forgotten (by me of course) and we started school again... but on the first day we had a huge intake of new girls and so I was appointed to spend the day with them.... which meant I couldn't spend any time with her. She's now MEGA pissed about this stupid thing, which I couldn't even get out of, and I don't know what to do......

I mean do I apologise for "ignoring" her. Or do I just ignore her back because she's being a petty spiteful cow, cause I mean not only the stuff above is the shit that I've dealt with.

So I mean do I apologise or just ignore her. Cause yeah....
      Any ideas or takes on the sit? Sorry it's so damn long, but I haven't spoken to anyone else and need some advice!

Cheers!
    • Re: A bit of a problem with a mate

Hey, pinkspiders :)

First off; I think you have every right to feel how you feel. Would you agree with me when I say that I think you're friend may just be a little childish? Ignoring you for a week because you called her selfish isn't really that mature and being majorly pissed with you because you were appointed to show some new girls around and, therefore, couldn't spend time with her is a tad bit, well, childish. Don't you think?

Ditching you was pretty unfair, she could have, at least, called you to cancel. But, try not to let the new boyfriend that she has become a factor with you and you're friendship with her. I know it's frustrating now and again, though.

Now, in answer to you're question - I wouldn't do either. I wouldn't apologise to her because you've done nothing wrong. But, nor would I ignore her because of it. I'd talk to her - tell her how you feel, and how you think she is being a "petty spiteful cow" maybe not say it like that, of course (lol) but, depending on what kind of friendship you have with her really depends on how you explain how you feel. I mean, if you feel confident enough in the friendship to actually say "personally, I think you're being a petty spiteful cow" then, go ahead. If not, perhaps just explain that she is being unreasonable and that you are getting sick of her being unreasonable towards you.

If she doesn't like the fact you have explained how you feel, at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you were honest and that you tried to explain for the better. But, if she seems okay with you explaining how you feel, then give her the oppotunity to respond with her side of things? Does that make sense?

Good luck with it all, hope it all works out!

Support Leader,

SimpleGirl*

Bonjour pinkspiders,

It really sounds like you need to sit down and have a serious talk with this so called "friend" of yours, because it doesn't sound much like she's acting like a friend at all.

Walking out on the school play when your mom payed for the ticket was pretty out of order, she obviously doesn't appreciate it much.

It also seems like she's pretty jealous about you having other friends, which seems ridiculous after the way she treated you.

A talk sounds in order.

Support leader,
      Doughnut*

Really, try and talk to her.
      She is acting not like a normal friend would do, getting pissed because you had to show new girls around, is unfair. She's probably just jealous of you having other friends but her. You have jealous, but you also have out of control jealousy.
      [RIGHT][LEFT][SIZE=2]You're mistaken, Mr. Darcy. The mode of your declaration merely spared me any concern I might have felt in refusing you, had you behaved in a more gentleman-like manner. [/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [/RIGHT]

I Dont Think Ignoring Her Is The Right Thing To Do, You Probably Didnt Like It When She Ignored You, And You Have To Treat Others The Way You Would Like To Be Treated.. Even If She Doesn't Do That, I Think You Should Be The Bigger Person..

I Also Think You Should Try And Talk To Her About You Are Feeling. The Outcome Of That Will Decide Wether She's A Real Friend Or Not..

x

DomGTR wrote:

Yeah, end up bumping into Mr Bear who just found out Goldilox had eaten his porridge and slept in his bed wouldn't end well.

[CENTER] Teenhut makes me smile :)[/CENTER]

You need to try and hang out more, talk to her about your feelings and lessen to her about her's. Sorry i can't help more, I'm in a rush.

The Sorrow.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

stand up for urself i had a situation like tht only my mate was like TEN times worse she was a NIGHTMARE!! BITCH!! so on so forth haha ANYWAYs :P Last nite she was bitchin agen n i usually jus say sorry or try ignore it so we dnt get into a big fite but last nite i lost n told her exactly how i felt n tht i wasnt gonna sit n listen 2 her bitch n moan at me n slag me ALL THE TIME ! n after i said my big speech 2 her, she replied "wen r u free nxt? its about time u grew some balls n stuck up 2 me" hahahaha !! so jus let it all out i no d situation wit me mite nt be the same wit u but dnt hold it in n ignore it cause it WILL get worse , as ya no ya shud never bottle tht stuff up ...jus explain 2 her exactly how u feel x x x