I'm thinkin' he's crushin'...

• I'm thinkin' he's crushin'...

Obviously, I don't waste time when it comes to posting on forums. :D Anywayyyyy....I need some...confirmation? on certain inklings I've been having lately. I always feel superficial asking for relationship advice (I always say there are more important things), but this has been in the back of my mind for way too long...so...I'll stop rambling and get on with it!

I have this friend; we'll call him John. I've had my suspicions about him liking me for a while, but I wanted to put this out there to see what others say, just in case I'm way off base in this whole situation. Anyway, tell me what you gurls think.
      We've been close friends for a little over a year now; we were in chorus together, and he'd always lightly flirt with me. Lately, we've been hanging out a lot more outside of school. I see him almost every weekend, usually with our friend who we'll call Claire. Now, Claire has an earlier curfew than we do, so John will often make suggestions for things to do after we've gotten out of a movie/dinner/whatever, knowing full well that she won't be able to do them. So she complains, and he says, "Fine. We'll drive you home, and then Monique and I will go out." Though she gets somewhat offended, we always end up hanging out ourselves after she's gone.

He seems to make lots of excuses to touch me, or be close to me. Like, one day, we started waltzing in the mall lobby [we're freaks like that], and when he pulled me in for the spin, he held me just a bit longer than necessary. His hugs also seem to get longer and longer each time we part. Last night, we went to a carnival, and Claire got ahead of us, so he was like, "Okay, we're gonna run." I didn't want to, so he said, "I'll hold your hand" and we ended up running together to catch up with her. He put his arm around me on the ferris wheel, when we were joking around about being a couple, but again, he left it there just long enough for one to wonder. He also put a bracelet on my wrist that he found on a ride.

There are other, littler things too, like winning me stuffed animals from crane games, or sending me home with the ones he already has in his car. He offers to pay for me to get into movies and things, and took me for ice cream at Friendly's even when I said I had no money. At the carnival, he indirectly told me I was "cute and beautiful" using a rubber duck, and put his hands on my shoulders at one point. And...last night, when I went to give him a hug, he held me for at least five minutes, and said, "Yeah, I'm not letting go." He didn't, either, until I threatened to pee on the seat of his car. Also, a lot of our friends tease him about liking me in my presence, even though he absolutely won't admit it.

It seems even more obvious than it already did now that I've typed all of that. :\ One person chalked it up to just being friendly, but he doesn't treat his other friends the way he treats me. If he does like me, I want him to say so, because I hate when it's obvious and the other person won't admit it. What do you guys think? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    • Re: I'm thinkin' he's crushin'...

well first of all its not a girls opinion but maybe it could help, what i think is that he is totally over you, i mena, making excuses to touch you, winning stuff for you, hanging out alone, girl he is givving you many signs, maybe you should talk about it with him, imean do you like him??
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][RIGHT]everyone laughs at me like if i give a fuck what they think...
      [/SIZE][/RIGHT][/FONT]

I actually think a guy's point of view might be better than a girls. Because guys know guys' minds. lol

I don't know if I like him or not. I think about it a lot, but it's one of those things where you don't know if it'd make the friendship weird, you know? I don't know. I probably should talk to him, but I doubt he'd admit it. haha He's like, a safe when it comes to these kinds of things.

well first of all, all the boys minds of that is just crap forget about it, cause no boy thinks the same as other boy, we are all different even if it doesnt seems so, deppends on the guy, if he is shy then he migt not admit it, but in deed you gotta talk with him, it wont crap the friendship if you talk about it with him
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][RIGHT]everyone laughs at me like if i give a fuck what they think...
      [/SIZE][/RIGHT][/FONT]

I didn't really mean it in the sense that all guys are the same. Sorry if I came off that way. :rolleyes: But I meant it kind of in the way that girls tend to understand other girls, even if they aren't all exactly the same.

But you're right, I do need to talk to him. He isn't really outwardly shy, just seems it when it comes to liking other girls. We flirt like crazy lately anyway, so it probably wouldn't come as a surprise if I brought it up. Any ideas on how, though? I'm not good at this sort of thing. haha

I grew a pair of balls and told him, and after all that, he doesn't like me that way. He likes a girl with a boyfriend she's been with for almost two years, shows no signs of breaking up with, and from what I can tell is as fake as the make-up she plasters on her face. But he, "really likes her a lot, because she's really really nice."

-sigh- So often does my love go unrequited...oh well. I'll get over it, I s'pose. :(