Abortion

• Ok.
    Before I start. This is going to be mature and not a fighting thing.

What are you guys opinions on Abortion?
    My state Florida keeps fighting on if it should be illegal or not.
    My person belief I am pro choise. I believe you should be able to have an Abortion if you so choose to do so.
    Now this would be 18 and older.
    And if under 18 with parental concent.
    Abortions should have a place in this world.

Anyone else?
  • Re: Abortion

I'm pro choice. You have a choice whether or not to have sex. If you do have sex, you need to accept the consequences. You don't have the right to slaughter an innocent person just because its convinient. If you're pregnat with a baby you don't want, put it up for adoption and take the maximum amount of painkillers during the birth.
    It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

FutureNavyMan08 wrote:

I'm pro choice. You have a choice whether or not to have sex. If you do have sex, you need to accept the consequences. You don't have the right to slaughter an innocent person just because its convinient. If you're pregnat with a baby you don't want, put it up for adoption and take the maximum amount of painkillers during the birth.

Dude. You're pro-life, not pro-choice.

I'm pro-choice. And I think, just like Strawberry_Wine, that girls under 18 should have parental consent to get them. Abortion isn't a bad thing, but it's also not a good thing to abuse the "privelege," so to speak.

i'm pro-life 'cause i believe that life starts at fertilisation; therefore when abortion is carried through- you are terminating a possible child. and i don't think anyone could decide to make such a god-like choice of death.
    however, i do understand that in some circumstances [such as rape] it is the lesser of two evils; and should be resorted to as the last possible action.
    however, i do not agree with abortion being used as a contraceptive and i believe that if you are going to get into the situation of a possible pregnancy out of choice; you should have an appropriate understanding of the consequences.
    and i certainly do not believe that you should have an abortion due to the baby being disabled- i don't agree that anyone has the right to decide someones quality of life.
    yep- i've thought about it quite a bit! :]

Well. I have a question for you. What if you knew you couldn't take care of the baby? If you had no where to go? No one to help you? You would get kicked out of your house if you where underage, it would ruin your school life. All these things that are more "important" then trying to raise a baby, that you would think of as a mistake.

So people who are saying they are saving the baby.
    Are you going to be the ones who pay for it?
    Or who keep the mothers in school?
    Or get them the right medical help?
    I don't think you are.
    And giving it up for adoption?
    Yeah. Like we need more kids without parents?

Your period kills living things too you know. Your unused eggs come out in the blood part, and that was a living thing too. So aborting your "baby" before 5 weeks is not that big of an impact. It doesn't have body parts, or face, or movent, or anything of human based life quality at that point.

Sometimes, doing what is best. Might not always seem right.

Strawberry_Wine wrote:

Well. I have a question for you. What if you knew you couldn't take care of the baby? If you had no where to go? No one to help you? You would get kicked out of your house if you where underage, it would ruin your school life. All these things that are more "important" then trying to raise a baby, that you would think of as a mistake.

So people who are saying they are saving the baby.
    Are you going to be the ones who pay for it?
    Or who keep the mothers in school?
    Or get them the right medical help?
    I don't think you are.
    And giving it up for adoption?
    Yeah. Like we need more kids without parents?

Your period kills living things too you know. Your unused eggs come out in the blood part, and that was a living thing too. So aborting your "baby" before 5 weeks is not that big of an impact. It doesn't have body parts, or face, or movent, or anything of human based life quality at that point.

Sometimes, doing what is best. Might not always seem right.

:eek: wow dat is 1 of da best fings i've heard n understood in my lyf which aint dat long

RedAlert wrote:

Dude. You're pro-life, not pro-choice.

I'm pro-choice. And I think, just like Strawberry_Wine, that girls under 18 should have parental consent to get them. Abortion isn't a bad thing, but it's also not a good thing to abuse the "privelege," so to speak.

You miss my point. I support the choice to have sex, not that to take the life of an innocent child.

Anyway, there are only two viable excuses to abortion: rape and danger to the mother. All I can say is this: c-section. In any other case, those involved MUST be forced to accept responsiblity for their actions and deal with it. Its free and legal to put a child up for adoption. That said, there is NO EXCUSE for abortion.

Word of the day: ADOPTION. Figure it out.

So it makes more sense to kill a child than to give it the slightest chance at life? And I think you lack understanding on how the adoption system works. Many people are adopted every year, they become parts of caring familys. Human life is precious, it is not to be wasted because someone wants to save a few bucks on taxes. Thats twisted. The adoption system is strong and intact, do not be so quick to put it down.

And you fail to realize that it is FREE to put a child up for adoption. Not to mention legally protected. All you have to do is take the child to a hospital. People make mistakes, true. But heres the thing. People only learn from mistakes if they are forced to take responsibility for their mistakes. If they don't, they'll make the same mistake over again.

OK. You're acting like they are taking the baby out and beating it to death. It is a fetus, not yet conciterd a child. It doesn't function as a human life. It doesn't have a sense of anything yet. It's not fully living breathing moving thing. It is a fetus, and in some cases. Should be aborted.

Take responsibility for your mistakes? I don't think you'd be right in front wanting to take care of a baby that you had no intention on making and suddenly your life is down the drawn. No school, no career, no family.

Living life is more important than a fetus. And yes millions of children are adopted. But BILLIONS are left behind every day. I think that would make me feel worse. To know. I wasn't wanted.

You are only looking at one side of the story. Not what is sometimes in the best interested in the mother. And that is not fair.

Everyone should have the right to choose.

Unless your adopted, then how can you say how you would feel? As far as taking the thing out and beating it to death, I know they don't do that. They just cut it to peices, decapitate it, puncture the skull and remove the brain, crush it, smother it--do I need to continue? I think you need to research how abortions are carried out before you say this. Once you've seen piles of tiny, bloody corpses, then maybe you would realize what abortion really is: a perversian of medical science

And you're wrong bay saying that the fetus is not a breathing and moving thing. Take a look at a timelime of development (not the 30-year-old ones many pro-abortion groups depend on).

If you have sex, you know you can get pregnat. If you get pregnat then its your own fault. End of story.

In my opinion it comes down to it is needed in the world. I know how abortion is done. Dont catigorize me with all the pro-abortion fighters and what not. I don't go around screaming this. It is just my personal opinion. It is called for and shouldn't be against the law.

Yes I understand the risk abotu having sex and getting pregnant. I have seen a lot of girls do it. My thing is, you can be presured or even raped. It is something that happens and somethings we can't controle.

Don't get me wrong Im not saying it should be a form of teen birth controle.
    It just needs to be allowed to happen.
    Some things call for it.

There is a process of deleivering a baby without actually giving birth. This process is called a cestarian section, or c-section. Millions of babys are born via c-section; myself among them. This process is well suited for those who have been raped or unduely pressured. I also think that medical insurance companies should be forced to provide a sort of insurance geared to helping here.

And yes, Americans have the right to freedom of speech and beleif. But look at Nazis, for example. Just because someone has a right to a beleif does not mean they have a right to exercise it at the expense of others. This theory has been upheld by the Supreme Court.

Wow. You are extremely intelligent. I respect that so much and your opinion. I too was a c-section, I don't think it matters in the case thought much about how you deliver the baby. Though no a days they are giving the morning after pill to women who where raped. But non the less, I just think that women over the age of 18 should a right to choose.

The no sex before marriage, is a big thing to me.
    I'm all for that.
    I would never want to be a statistic for how many girls have kids before they have a deploma.

I just believe, people should have the chance, to choose.

I think that there is a choice: to have sex or not. So theres no real issue. But we both have our reasons and opinions. You are odviousely very well read yourself. It'd be nice if we can get along rather than argue; getting along could be very productive.

I will say one thing. Earlier someone mentioned the practice of aborting a child if there is reason to believe the child will be born brain damaged or handicapped in some way. I detest this. Mentally handicapped people are incredible to work with. Their outlook on life, while simple, can be incredibly good. And as we all know, simple is sometimes best. Additionally, science is still highly unable to accurately predict the possibility of brain damage. So abortion for this reason is uncalled for.

FutureNavyMan08 wrote:

So, in other words, you support the freedom of anybody who isn't pregnant to make decision about their own body.

Abortion is about a lot more than "convenience;" pregnancy and birth (or C-section) are not just "inconvenient."

"If you do have sex, you need to accept the consequences." If you get an STD during sex, you can by right have it treated by a doctor, not just "accept the consequences." By "consequences" you seem to mean "the consequences if you do what I consider morally correct."

The fact is that a foetus is not a "person" and abortion is not "slaughter." It is sick for you to call yourself "pro-choice" when choice for you ends as soon as you fuck.

Also, do you feel a woman who has been raped has the right to an abortion?
    And your very flesh shall be a great poem.
    -Walt Whitman

FutureNavyMan08 wrote:

And yes, Americans have the right to freedom of speech and beleif. But look at Nazis, for example. Just because someone has a right to a beleif does not mean they have a right to exercise it at the expense of others. This theory has been upheld by the Supreme Court.

That a fertilized egg is a "person" in its own right is a belief which pro-lifers try to enforce at the expense of others.
    And your very flesh shall be a great poem.
    -Walt Whitman

I understand both sides, however i support abortion in a controlled use and i think it needs to be treated case by case as everyone is in different situations. but you see these people in the news that abuse and murder thier kids. it makes me wonder if parants dont want a child when they get pregnant and a forced to keep it, how will some(not all) treat thier children as they grow up?

We have way too many children in this world that suffer from poverty and abuse ect....:(