A little help

• A little help

Ok, I think this goes here...
      But anyway, lately I've noticed my Dad has been drinking more. He's always been pretty heavy, but I've been seeing it more and it feels like I never see him without a bottle in his hand.
      I was just wondering if I had any right being worried about it?
      I mean he doesn't get violent, although he can be pretty nasty and he once locked Mum outta the flat when he was drunk, but still, he goes to work and doesn't go driving when he's had a beer, but I guess 'cause we live in a pub it means he doesn't have to, and makes it worse.
      There's always bottles everywhere, and beer in the fridge... And I don't like him drinking much, but on the other hand I'm probably being selfish and overreacting.
      I'm kinda scared to talk to him about it, 'cause I tried talking to Mum, and she just rolled her eyes and told me not to worry about it.
      Meh, I'm just confused as to whether I should try talking to him, or let it go and stop worrying or what?
      [CENTER]When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on.[/CENTER]
    • Re: A little help

If you can talk to your dad about it, do so. Mention your concerns. See, alchohol does massive damage to the liver when taken in large quantities. If you don't feel comfertable talking to him, stay away when he's drunk and make sure he can't get to the car keys.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:
    • Re: A little help

ok your father is what we call a functioning alcoholic. he has a problem. 1 he cant survive a day without having some liquior 2. his liver will fail soon 3. its not good 4 you to be seeing him like that and his marrage is most likely suffering.

you need to get him into a detox center. it's for his own good. I work in a hospital i know wit im saying