Would you tell your parents your sleeping with the same sex?

• Re: Would you tell your pearnts your sleeping with the same sex?

I don't care if my mum and dad knows (they do) lol Each to their own and it does depend on what type of parents you have my mums quite liberal I havn't had to be punished for much cos I'm generally a good person so yh lol
      [SIZE=3]I am the Lady High Owner of the Universe.....AKA Lady flimslewipplekinklebottom the XII[/SIZE]

That's the way our Mom prefers it.

My Mom is absolutely comfortable if my sister has sleepovers with girls, but she will be uppity angry and enraged if she was sleeping with guys.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

my parents know I'm gay...but my mother thinks I'm a total virgin. hehe, I could tell her stories that would make her skin crawl. I even had sex in her bed once. XD
      [SIZE=2]Gay and looking for a friend? Hell, any sexuality is welcome. PM ME FRIENDS VERY WELCOME! hehe[/SIZE]

Reliving life as I should. :)

Lol i guess .. just to let you know im not gay .. but my sister is and she has only told me and i was wondering what advise you would give so i could give back. i love her loads and tbh i don't really know how my pearnts would react x

I don't really even tell my parents that I'm sleeping with people of the opposite sex. I tend to keep my sex life pretty private from my parents. They know I'm sexually active (I am on birth control after all), but it's kind of a "don't ask don't tell" police in our house.

I've never had serious relationships with someone of the same sex, but if I did I probably wouldn't feel comfortable putting it out there for everyone, let alone my parents, to know. That's probably one of the reasons why I consider myself straight, and not bisexual.
    • Re: Would you tell your parents your sleeping with the same sex?

A lot of parents really appreciate honesty. One of the main reasons it seems to me that parents are putt off and can get a bit over-bearing is because they worry about their kids and want to keep them safe. This worry comes from the parents feeling in-the-dark about what their kids are up to, so they just make crazy rules and have their hurt and worry come out as anger.

It is my experience that most parents get much more open and understanding as their kids grow and mature as well (this is also probably due to the kids, in turn, being more open and understanding of their own parents).

When talking to and confronting your parents, it's important to remember that they are people with feelings as well. Things you say can hurt and shock them, just like how our parents' words can do that to us. So many kids forget that sometimes our parents just get confused about who WE are. We get so wrapped up in feeling sorry for ourselves because our parents are being jerks that we fail to realize where our parents are coming from. A little understanding (from both parties) goes a long way.

With you understanding your sister so much, having both of you sit down with your parents and explain what's up could be helpful. Having someone there who loves you gives a lot of strength, and I'm sure your sister will appreciate it tremendously. Staying calm and collected, and not acting angry or yelling will really help. If you both act mature when you tell your parents about this then they will be more likely to feel that it is a mature decision, and not a stupid little girl whim (which would probably be why they could act angry about it).

I really hope it all works out, it's a terrible thing to feel like a part of your life that you cannot decide is causing trouble and heartache among the family. Feelling disliked for who you are is never a good thing, especially around family.