english work

• english work

hey, so as part of my english a level i need to basically do a survey, so if anyone wouldnt mind doing it for me that would be great! and if you could possibly write your age at the bottom. it shouldnt take too long, but it would be really great if you could cos its gotta be filled in by a couple of hundred people!!!

Questionnaire on Language.

1. How often do you use social networking sites such as Facebook or Myspace?

2. Which social networking site do you use the most often?

3. How often do you use Instant Messengers such as MSN messenger or AOL?

4. Roughly, how old were you when you created your accounts for any social networking sites or instant messenger sites you may use?

5. Which Social Networking sites/Instant messengers do you use?

6. Would you say you talk to people more regularly on social networking sites, instant messenger or on the telephone?

7. When online, how much slang do you think you use?

8. Could you please name three abbreviations or ‘slang’ words which you use the most often and state how often you use them?

9. Do you ever use any ‘internet slang’ in other contexts, for example in face-to-face conversation or in written contexts?

10. If so, how often? And what terms?

11. Would you say you spell the majority of words you use in their traditional and correct manner when online?

12.Does any miss-spelling of words ever cross over in to other contexts?

13. Do you think that Social networking sites and instant messenger has affected the way you speak or write words?
    • Re: english work

chloe1408 wrote:

hey, so as part of my english a level i need to basically do a survey, so if anyone wouldnt mind doing it for me that would be great! and if you could possibly write your age at the bottom. it shouldnt take too long, but it would be really great if you could cos its gotta be filled in by a couple of hundred people!!!

Questionnaire on Language.

Daily

Facebook

Daily

4. Roughly, how old were you when you created your accounts for any social networking sites or instant messenger sites you may use?

Facebook/AIM (but through another medium)

6. Would you say you talk to people more regularly on social networking sites, instant messenger or on the telephone?

Mainly in person but social networking sites comes second.

Very little

8. Could you please name three abbreviations or ‘slang’ words which you use the most often and state how often you use them?

These are not considered slang rather, abbreviations: lol, atm

9. Do you ever use any ‘internet slang’ in other contexts, for example in face-to-face conversation or in written contexts?

No

N/A

11. Would you say you spell the majority of words you use in their traditional and correct manner when online?

Yes

No

13. Do you think that Social networking sites and instant messenger has affected the way you speak or write words?

No

[my responses]

I use facebook eachtime i'm online, which is usually every weekday.

Facebook.

I use msn every weekday.

Msn i was around 10, for facebook etc about 13.

MSN, Skype, ICQ. Facebook, occasionally myspace and bebo.

Yes because it's free and easier.

Usually i type in proper english so not much it depends on how lazy i'm being.

LOL- Too much
      Lmao- Alot
      btw- Sometimes

No, just on the internet.

Yes.

No.

Not at all.

1. How often do you use social networking sites such as Facebook or Myspace? - Barely

2. Which social networking site do you use the most often? - Bebo

3. How often do you use Instant Messengers such as MSN messenger or AOL? - 24/7 basically

4. Roughly, how old were you when you created your accounts for any social networking sites or instant messenger sites you may use? - 10

5. Which Social Networking sites/Instant messengers do you use? - MSN, YIM, ICQ, AIM, Myspace, Bebo, Facebook, Skype

6. Would you say you talk to people more regularly on social networking sites, instant messenger or on the telephone? - IM most (Unles you count this site as a social netowkr site, because i talk to a lot of people on here)

7. When online, how much slang do you think you use? - About 3 or 4 slang words.

8. Could you please name three abbreviations or ‘slang’ words which you use the most often and state how often you use them? - Lol; all the time. Lmao; often. Lmfao; sometimes

9. Do you ever use any ‘internet slang’ in other contexts, for example in face-to-face conversation or in written contexts? - Never

11. Would you say you spell the majority of words you use in their traditional and correct manner when online? - I type in a proper manner, I barely use slang and I never shorten my words.

12.Does any miss-spelling of words ever cross over in to other contexts? - Not sure.

13. Do you think that Social networking sites and instant messenger has affected the way you speak or write words? - Nope.

Daily

Facebook

Daily

MSN, YIM, Facebook, Skype.

Instant messenger

Same as everyone else, I guess...*shrugs*

Lol, btw, wtf.

No.

--

Yes.

No...

No...not really.

[RIGHT]Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song..You go ahead, let your hair down
      Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, just go ahead, let your hair down.

[/RIGHT]

1. How often do you use social networking sites such as Facebook or Myspace? Pretty much whenever I got something in my e-mail like someone added me or so.

So sometimes very often and sometimes not so often.

2. Which social networking site do you use the most often? MySpace since summer 2005, Facebook since spring 2008.

3. How often do you use Instant Messengers such as MSN messenger or AOL? N/A.

4. Roughly, how old were you when you created your accounts for any social networking sites or instant messenger sites you may use? My 1st Internet message board, age 12. IRC, age 13. MySpace, age 17.

5. Which Social Networking sites/Instant messengers do you use?TeenHut/N.A.

6. Would you say you talk to people more regularly on social networking sites, instant messenger or on the telephone? TeenHut, so social networking sites.

7. When online, how much slang do you think you use? Not much.

8. Could you please name three abbreviations or ‘slang’ words which you use the most often and state how often you use them? Lol, afaik, iirc.

9. Do you ever use any ‘internet slang’ in other contexts, for example in face-to-face conversation or in written contexts? I don't think so.

10. If so, how often? And what terms? N/A.

11. Would you say you spell the majority of words you use in their traditional and correct manner when online? Yes.

12.Does any miss-spelling of words ever cross over in to other contexts? Yes, only with 1 word though - the only word I purposely misspell is intresting.

13. Do you think that Social networking sites and instant messenger has affected the way you speak or write words? Nope.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

1. How often do you use social networking sites such as Facebook or Myspace? never

2. Which social networking site do you use the most often? TH?

3. How often do you use Instant Messengers such as MSN messenger or AOL? Errm, 3 hours a day?

4. Roughly, how old were you when you created your accounts for any social networking sites or instant messenger sites you may use? 13

5. Which Social Networking sites/Instant messengers do you use? MSN and TH

6. Would you say you talk to people more regularly on social networking sites, instant messenger or on the telephone? Social sites

7. When online, how much slang do you think you use? quite abit, depends.

8. Could you please name three abbreviations or ‘slang’ words which you use the most often and state how often you use them? Lol, wut, hai, noob, sup, Wattap - Quite alot.

9. Do you ever use any ‘internet slang’ in other contexts, for example in face-to-face conversation or in written contexts? yh

10. If so, how often? And what terms? slang language and quite alot.

11. Would you say you spell the majority of words you use in their traditional and correct manner when online? kinda yh

12.Does any miss-spelling of words ever cross over in to other contexts? what?

13. Do you think that Social networking sites and instant messenger has affected the way you speak or write words? yeh kinda

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

facebook - every day

facebook

every day

i've had hotmail and therefore msn since i was 5. i made a hi5 account when i was 11. i made a myspace account when i was 15. i made a facebook account when i was 16. i've only stuck to facebook and msn.

facebook, msn, ebuddy or meebo if msn isn't available

telephone

not much

lol - a lot
      btw - a couple of times a day
      ily/ly2 - in the necessary circumstances

i say stuff like btw and atm and brb during face to face conversations jokingly. if we're writing notes to each other in classes, sometimes i use abbreviations or slang, but not that much.

answered above

yep

i don't get this question..

msn has, yeah, i used to type like a right idiot when i was a kid. now i'm better :)

good luck love, i'm doing english a level too...