Book Recommendations.

• Re: Book Recommendations.

Twilight/New moon
      Stephanie Meyers
      non-fiction romance (vampires)
      honestly i normally reaaallly dont like vampire books/stories. but omg, this was AMAZING. i used to be such a slow read ( its like 500 pages i think) and i read it in like 2 days, which was really good for me. but yeah anyways. its the most amazing book. both of them are! read them!

Wow, I thought I read a lot!
      Well, my favourite author at the moment is James Herbert as he's local. Once is a brilliant book, probably my favourite of his, other than the Rats trilogy. I read all of his books in 2 weeks, other than his new one which I haven't got yet. He writes good but weird horror. I'd suggest him for someone that likes something a bit different.
      Obviously Stephen King as well, probably one of the best horror authors ever!
      Dead famous by Ben Elton is quite a funny read, it's a parody of the Big Brother series. Chart Throb is another by him, which is a parody of music talent shows, but it's not as good as Dead Famous. Both have brilliant twists at the end.
      Sorry it wasn't quite in the format of a list, but yeah :]
      [CENTER][SIZE=5]Bexeh Boopeh[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]//Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them\\[/SIZE][/CENTER]

My favorite authors include JK Rowling, Clive Cussler, James Patterson, and John Grisham. Tom Clancey is ok, but always struck me as a little dry. I'm going to look into Stephen King when I get the chance. I've read quite a few of the books ya'll have listed, they're all excellent.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

Title: I Am The Messenger
      Author: Markus Zusak
      Genre: ???
      Why you enjoyed the novel: Funny and has a moral about being able to improve oneself.

Title: The Artemis Fowl Series
      Author: Eoin Colfer
      Genre: Science Fiction
      Why you enjoyed the novel: Funny and interesting storyline.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Thou art I and I am thou. From the sea of thy soul, I cometh. I am Orpheus, master of strings.
      [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Title: The Pentagon Papers
      Author: Daniel Ellsberg
      Genre: Non-fiction
      Why you enjoyed the novel: Mother of god. If you distrust the American government now, wait until you read what we got away with in Vietnam. This book alone changed my perception of the importance of authority
      and the 'personal freedoms' Americans talk so much about. It's a huge book, but you need to get it. Now.
      [center][/center]

If I Die Before I Wake By Han Nolen
      Summer Of Kings By Han Nolen
      The Corean Chronicles By L.E. Modesitt Jr.

The summer of kings is based around the racial issues during the Martin Luther King Jr. time period, and If I Die Before I wake is about a girl who is Neo-Nazi and hates Jews but gets into a accidant and is taken through time to the Holocaust and is seeing everything the gril who eyes she is seeing through is seeing.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else. [/CENTER]

If you get the time, pick up anything by Bernard Cornwell....fantastic historical fiction author.
      [CENTER]"I don't belong here, we gotta move on dear escape from this afterlife[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here"[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]~[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Title: The Time Traveler's Wife
      Author: Audrey Niffenegger
      Genre: General Fiction
      Why you enjoyed the novel: It's fucking amazing. The construction of it all is just perfect. Read it.

Title: The Lovely Bones
      Author: Alice Sebold
      Genre: General Fiction
      Why you enjoyed the novel: Written from the point of view of a girl in Heaven, it's mind-blowing.

Title: The Boy Next Door
      Authors: Josie Lloyd & Emlyn Rees
      Genre: Romance
      Why you enjoyed the novel: Follows the stories of two best friends from their childhood, to when they moved apart, to meeting each other again. I've read it about 20 times and I'm not sick of it yet.

Title: Persuasion
      Author: Jane Austen
      Genre: Novel
      Why you enjoyed the novel: It had me hooked after I'd read Pride & Prejudice.

Title: Pride & Prejudice
      Author: Jane Austen
      Genre: Novel
      Why you enjoyed the novel: This quote:
      "There is, I believe, in every disposition a tendency to some particular evil - a natural defect, which not even the best education can overcome." [Darcy]
      "And your defect is to hate everybody." [Elizabeth]
      "And yours," he replied with a smile, "is willfully to misunderstand them." [Darcy]
      She points out he is proud, and he points out she is prejudiced. When we did this in English, I pointed out this quote and explained it, and my teacher went on and on about my talent for ages. :). I'm a geek.

Title: Twilight and New Moon
      Author: Stephenie Meyer
      Genre: Romance, drama, suspence
      Why you enjoyed the novel: WOW! Well there are just too may reasons to list. I would have to say these are the two most wonderfully written books I have ever come across! The two main characters (Bella Swan, and Edward Cullen) are so amazing. The way the author has written them make them seem real. These books have EVERYTHING! I admit that I laughed, I yelled, and I cried. Never has any book evoked so much emotion from me. These two are a MUST read! I fully expect them to become classics.
      P.S The next book in the series, should be out shortly. It's titled Eclipse.
      [CENTER]So here's to teenage romance... [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]and not knowing why [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]it hurts like hell![/CENTER]

Title: The Book Thief
      Author: Mark Zusak
      Genre: realistic fiction
      Why you enjoyed the novel: an amazing story of a German girl during the holocaust, moving, well-written, beautiful

Title: Twilight, New Moon, (Soon, Eclipse, the third book)
      Author: Stephanie Meyer
      Genre: fantasy/fiction
      Why you enjoyed the novel: A romantic story of forbiddin love between a vampire and a human, amazing plot

Title: The Giver, Gathering Blue, Gossamer
      Author: Lois Lowery
      Genre: Fantasy/Fiction
      Why you enjoyed the novel: The Giver: Story of a young boy who discovers a gift. Gathering Blue: Why there is none of the color blue in the world. Gossamer: Where do dreams come from?

Title: My Sister's Keeper, The Pact
      Author: Jodi Picoult
      Genre: Realistic Fiction
      Why you enjoyed the novel: My Sister's Keeper: what would you do to keep your cancer-ridden sister alive? The Pact: When a girls lover is left alive after a suicide pact, he is the only one to blame. Well written, 2 thumbs up

There are many more amazing books. These are some of my favorites.