Gift Ideas/Suggestions

• Gift Ideas/Suggestions

:hugs:
      Lately I'm feeling like everyone around me is just falling away from me. There's always been one guy, though, to never leave me or give me the feeling that he's not going to be here for me. He's never failed me. The problem is...he lives 9 hours away.

I was dating him 2 years ago when he moved 9 hours away. After breaking up after attempting the long distance relationship, we're still the best of friends after this long. Even though he's so far away, I feel like he's all I have sometimes. I want to show him how much I miss him and love him and appreciate him. I can't just tell him since we don't see each other ever, so I want to show it by sending him something in the mail.

I'm going to put together a big package to mail to him for Christmas, which is 3 months away. I have no idea what to put in it though. I know I'm going to write him a long letter just to catch up and tell him how much I wish he was here, and I'm going to put lots of our old photos in it. But what else? What can I send a guy who's my best friend that lives 9 hours away to show that I miss him, as a little Christmas gift? I'm going to keep my eyes out whenever I go to the mall just for little things to fill the box with, but I also want some things that are going to mean a lot to him. As girls, what are some suggestions that you can think of? And as guys, what are some things that a girl could get you that you would love and be reminded of the good ole times?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Please give me something here...
    • Re: Gift Ideas/Suggestions

Well we were best friends then dated until after he moved. My town is tiny so there's not much to do. We went to the beach a lot and just hungout at our houses. He's really into skating and playing guitar, I know that hasn't changed. It's hard to get ideas when we've been apart for so long because we've both grown up a little more and changed.
      He's the most important person in my life, aside from family. The thing is, he doesn't know he still is. I could tell him, but he'd just think I'm being cliche' and saying "Oh, I miss you and love you to death"...when I truly miss him every day that goes by. He was my first love and since that never goes away, I'm sure you can imagine what he means.