I'm a horrible girlfriend.

• I'm a horrible girlfriend.

Since November 11th 2006 I dated a boy, named josh. He was my everything and nothing got in the way. We loved each other at the very beginning. Everyone called us perfect and it was MY dream come true. I loved him more than i ever thought i could love someone. And he was the same for me. It was something you would see in the movies.

A week before our 11 months i went out. I partied a little too hard and lost control of everything. There is no excuse for what i did, but i was very intoxicated to the point that i blacked out and got very sick. I didn't remember a thing that happened to me that night. It was horrible. I woke up knowing not where i am or who i was surrounded by. In a tent of someone i had no clue how i even met. It was disastrous.

I come to find out i had cheated on my boyfriend, with no more than 2 people that night. I felt horrible. I kicked myself over and over because i knew i had something that was the worst thing to even tell anyone. I hated myself from that moment i was awake. I had work in the morning and went but was still drunk while driving to work. I knew i couldn't handle it, so did they so they sent me home. I drove past joshes work, and had to stop by. It wasn't to tell him but to soften the blow possibly.

I walked in and he knew something was up. He read me like a book. Knew i had something to tell him. I used the excuse of being intoxicated. He knew better. Told me to go home and sleep. I did exactly that until he walked into my house wanting to talk. We talked, i took his keys so he wouldn't leave. I told him and it was a huge fight to say the least.

I never thought he would forgive me....but he did. He took me back and we fixed it all. We were stronger, more loving to another. Spent even more time and it was perfect up until February. I was losing intrest. I wasn't feeling the way he was. I loved him but not as much as he loved me. I really didn't want to give up so i said we would do a trial run. And see what it was like if we were broken up but still around each other.

I was a senior now, partying, being single was what everyone was. But not me. And i resented that, i hated being told what parties went on and that i wasn't there with my friends all the time. It hurt and i was willing to let go of someone i loved for that. I was stupid and a child looking to fit in with her high school "friends". I dragged that boy along until June. From Feb. to June i made him wait. I didn't want to let go, i wanted him around still, i loved him still; but i wanted the freedom, the parties, the single life. I was torn.

Senior week came. If anyone doesn't know what that is...its a week of being a drunk idiot, making mistakes and, ruining lives. I made an AWFUL mistake which i will not repeat because i dislike that i did it A LOT. I was drunk and stupid and my friends pushed me into doing it and lets just say. I don't like the idea of a one night stand. Clearly thats all those boys wanted down there.

I came back feeling dirty, and disgusting. Came back to my price charming waiting for me because he hadn't gone down there. And i always wished he would of but then my friends didn't want him too. It was so messy and i didn't want him to know. I didn't want to tell him. I thought maybe if he doesn't know he won't get as hurt. I wanted to fix things. I wanted to be back with him permanently. He was over joyed. But then it leaked. And someone told him personally.

He hated me, he was disgusted, he didn't want to see me, or speak to me, touch me, nothing. He ended it. It was over and those 2 years were nothing now because of my so called fun at senior week. Summer 2008 was the worst. I was depressed. I got new friends and just partied all the time. EVERY NIGHT for about 4 weeks. I got sick after awhile. So i stopped.

Anyway this isn't what i'm getting at. I love him, and he took me back around the end of august. I see him a lot but he is so different. I don't know what to say and i'm scared one little thing will set him off and make him hate me.

I want him to know that i love him still and actually want to make it work. I want to be with this person forever. And i dont know what to say or do to prove that to him. Someone help me please because i really want it to work this time around. I have seriously changed and i need to prove that to him.

&& If you want to call me the worst person in the world do so, i am a horrible shitty person. But i love josh. And i want to prove that he is the only person i love. Because he is and i need him to know that. I love him with all my heart.
    • Re: I'm a horrible girlfriend.

You know, we all make mistakes and some people are bigger then others when it comes to relationships, some people can get over things and some people can't. You were lucky in more then one way to have had someone who took you back after what happen. Yeah, it's not the greatest excuse in the world, but as I stated we all make mistakes and things happen, we do things that don't make us proud.

Honestly you don't need help on what to say to him and how to do it, because there's only truly one way and that's to face the mistakes you made and just confront him. Don't try to soften the blow you may receive, you should probably be ready for any situation. Before you decide you want to speak with him about everything and what happened, you need to be sure you're really doing something that you want, you need to make sure you really mean what you say.

I doubt he could ever hate you, because it seemed that he poured a lot of love into the relationship you two had, he might resent you and the things you did, but I doubt he could ever hate you. Perhaps things might not go the way you want them to, when you do speak to him...but it's best you get the burden of emotions off of your chest and get it out into the open with him. You don't want to be scared and stuck on, what if?

People search for these things all the time, and you realize you had something special, you know your mistakes and what you've done, and you know what you need to face, so do that exactly, and tell him exactly how you feel. Insert your feelings out into the open and just see what he has to say about them, because I'm sure he has a strong opinion about everything that happen. You need to have a serious conversation with him. Hopefully things work out for you, and you do what's best for you, don't be with this kind of person though if you're not ready for something that serious.

I don't think you'll ever gain his full trust in you again, and personally i can't blame him. The first time it happened he took you back, regained his trust in you and then you went and broke it again.
      You have to take it slowly, he took you back but you can't expect your relationship to return to how it was straight away. You need to start again and let him know how much you love him, if you think you'll cheat when you get drunk, maybe you should cut back on the amount you drink with your friends, i mean which is more important, him or getting completley out of your head with friends?
      I believe you love him more than anything but you need to have a serious conversation with him and talk things through, you know what you did was wrong and you feel horrible over it, hopefully this will stop you from doing anything like this ever again, but you need to convince him of that. Just take things slowly, i hope it works out for you.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Yikes. It sounds like you did make a mistake. And depending on what type of person he is, he may not ever return to the guy you remember after something like that. However there is always hope for your relationship, especially since he took you back again. You need to rebuild the trust that you once had. Be completely honest with him. Don't try to cover up your mistakes. I know that I personally would rather have my hypothetical girlfriend tell me the truth instead of act like nothing happened, and then find out later that she made a mistake.

mercedes is right. You need to decide if this guy is worth cutting back, or quitting completely, from the excessive drinking. It's obvious that the alcohol is the reason you keep slipping up, so maybe you should try to limit yourself, or quit completely, from drinking.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. Just go with the flow, and learn from your mistakes.

I have to say, you are not a terrible person. Everyone makes mistakes.
      I was like you once, I had everything I ever wanted. I felt like I was on top of the world. But in the end when I was going off to college I said we needed a break. I hated leaving him, he was everything to me and more. But I made him wait 5 months, everyday when we talked we always said we loved eachother and how much we couldn't wait for me to come home. Then one day it just stopped. He said he found someone else... I was heart broken, couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he loved me but can be with my best friend back home...
      but anyways back to my point. Don't let him get away. You need to tell him how you feel, and how he makes you feel. Whatever you do don't sugar coat it for him, because you know he wont for you. If he really does love you like you say, then eventually everything will come back to you.
      Everyone makes mistakes. But the people you love don't always stay around. Talk to him before he gets away for good.
      I wish you all the luck. :hugs:

Strawberryshortcake wrote:

I'm sorry to let you know, but he is dumb if he takes you back. If he takes you back, he isn't teaching you anything. You screwed up not once, but twice, and now you have to own up to it. That's life.

I disagree. If he truly loves her, i'm sure he would much rather be with her than not be just to "teach her a lesson". Its hard to say what you would do if you haven't actually been in the situation.

As for the poster, don't expect him to be the same for a very long time, or perhaps ever. Also, you say that you love him and you are sure you want to be with him forever, but you said something along the same line for what you felt after the first time you cheated. So make sure that you aren't going to get disinterested again, because this guy doesn't need to be jerked around any more. If you aren't absolutly sure, then maybe it would be better to end it before he gets reinvested in the relationship.

p.s. this topic scared me because your boyfriend's name is Josh; so is mine.

unSure wrote:

I disagree. If he truly loves her, i'm sure he would much rather be with her than not be just to "teach her a lesson". Its hard to say what you would do if you haven't actually been in the situation.

As for the poster, don't expect him to be the same for a very long time, or perhaps ever. Also, you say that you love him and you are sure you want to be with him forever, but you said something along the same line for what you felt after the first time you cheated. So make sure that you aren't going to get disinterested again, because this guy doesn't need to be jerked around any more. If you aren't absolutly sure, then maybe it would be better to end it before he gets reinvested in the relationship.

p.s. this topic scared me because your boyfriend's name is Josh; so is mine.

Um, I love my boyfriend with all of my heart, and if he cheated on me TWICE he would never see me again.

You were given a second chance and you just did it again. I think that you need to stay away from parties and alcohol. If you really want him, show him how you've gained responsibility. You can promise you won't cheat again but that means nothing unless you actually follow through. He doesn't deserve to be hurt over and over again, especially since he has only practiced fidelity. So either you make a permanent change in your life [which is probably best for not only him but your own well-being] or you let him go. Hopefully it's the former and he accepts you into his life again.
      [LEFT]These are hard times for dreamers.[/LEFT]

I stopped drinking. I stopped having friends for this boy. I gave it all up. That's how serious i am about making this work. I love him, and it took me 2 months to realize that. I took time and thought to really think it through.
      I don't want to screw with his head anymore. I'm very serious. I'm almost 100% sure. I just don't know how i will feel if he acts as different as he does now.

He tells me he doesn't love me like he used to. And that he doesn't know if he ever will again. And if he thinks about any of the "mistakes" i made he gets weird. Doesnt talk to me and looks at me like i'm a piece of scum. I guess i deserve it. But i dont know how to handle it. :/
      JPM&&SLU

unSure wrote:

True, if my girlfriend cheated on me twice I doubt I'd forgive her. That doesn't mean i think someone is dumb for being more forgiving then i might be.

I meant that it would be dumb of him, not really that he would be dumb for it.

It's basically telling her that it's okay to cheat, and hat if she does it again, he'll end up taking her back.

Stephy224 wrote:

He tells me he doesn't love me like he used to. And that he doesn't know if he ever will again. And if he thinks about any of the "mistakes" i made he gets weird. Doesnt talk to me and looks at me like i'm a piece of scum. I guess i deserve it. But i dont know how to handle it. :/

It is going to be hard on you, but as you pointed out you deserved it. How would you feel if the person you loved more than anything, betrayed not just once but twice. There's no easy way of handling it, it isn't meant to be easy, it's what you get for cheating.
      Your relationship will never be the same though, and i know in my last post i told you to stick it through and take things slowly and i also know that you probably won't take the advice i'm about to give you because of how much you love him but i'll say it anyway.
      Neither of you are going to be happy in this relationship, he doesn't trust you or love you how he used to. It isn't how a close relationship should work, the best thing for BOTH of you, would be to end this relationship, and move on. Try to stay friends if thats what you want, but you ruined this relationship and no matter how much you want it, it will never return to the way it used to be.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

You were lucky that he even took you back after the first incident, I surely wouldn't of. And after the second time I wouldn't expect anything less. Once a cheat always a cheat. Maybe your next relationship you would learn better from this. Not to mention he isn't just ruined with this relationship but he will now have trouble having trust in his next relationship afraid that it might happen again