Gay; A New Definition.

• Gay; A New Definition.

I think being gay or bisexual is not about sexual attraction. Granted that, yes, you find yourself wanting them sexually, I think the real attraction is love. Instead of the typical rainbows, I think of myself as a girl who knows that I would do anything for her, and it would be my honor to love her and care for her for the rest of our lives because she's so awesome. What's your opinions?
    • Re: Gay; A New Definition.

That's one of the main arguments against the use of the word "homosexuality". "Homosexuality" implies that the attraction is only sexual whereas I agree that it is also to do with love.
      [CENTER]This is a gift it comes with a price
      Who is the lamb and who is the knife
      Midas is king and he holds me so tight
      And turns me to gold in the sunlight
      - Florence + The Machine, Rabbit Heart

I'm not a misanthrope, but I can utterly empathise with them.
      [/CENTER]

thats exactly what i think. :hugs:
      i think it is more beautiful being bisexual, meaning you can love anybody regardless of gender, therefore, youre not superficial. :p
      however being estrictly gay or lesbian doesnt mean youre are just shallow and superficial,
      but just that you prefer that sex a little bit more :confused: or a lot more?
      just trying to be fair.. :)

I disagree, I think love in the romantic sense is general love plus sexual attraction. In other words, if someone loves being around someone of the same sex, that is friendship, and if they are also attracted to them, then it is homosexual love. I think this attraction is the only difference between friendship and love.