my so called best friend

• my so called best friend

Okay, i really need your help. these events have been happening for the last 2-4 months. so heres whats happening
      Me and my 2 best friends Dan and April have been best friends for a year, altho we have known each other for 5 yrs due to school, but only recently became closer due to Dan telling me and april that he is gay. stupidly, me and April introduced Dan to Alki, Almost a year ago now. however, Dan 3months ago wanted to go to a pub to it try out.
      well, he got addicted i guess. and now made aload new friends and started to get really drunk all the time. its also got to the point where he negeligected Boyfriends. well hes made a group of new friends and recently all he talks about is this new group, all he does is go to the pub. me and aoril have tried to talk to him and tried to sort things out but he doesnt see anything as a problem.
      i dont actually knwo what to do because as i still see dan alot april doesnt, and now they're playing the blame game where dan blames april and april blames dan. so i feel like im stuck in the middle. And it also caused me so much stress that I had to draw back people and boyfriends and plans because im too upset or other reasons.
      I just dunno what to do.

Any ideas?
      Thanks
      Kez x
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: my so called best friend

aha see the thing is
      the new friends
      are old school friends from highschool.
      which i m ay add as soon as we left he bitched about.

i cant really say anything. but i think dan has said something to them bout it. and no ones really done anything bout it
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dont talk to his "new mates". Talk to Dan, tell him that you wanna spend time with him like the good old days and try to explain to him what he's become like, im sure he will understand and if he doesnt then he's no bestfriend. Tbh... i would tell him straight and if he disowns you to put it politely he isnt worth it, but a bestfriend should try to understand.
      Luv Luv x

i have told him
      and i told him that i missed what we are
      and he just said i got fed up of arranging things.
      and i said well u didnt give us the chance to arrange anything!
      and he gave me this crap saying he is felt wanted there. and i said to him if telling him i love him every day doesnt say to him that i love him (as a friend of course) then i dont no how else i can make him feel wanted?
      im more worried bout him and April. i still feel like im in the middle.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tell april to meet you sumwhere and tell dan to meet you at the sameplace without telling either that the other is going, then when they are both there make them talk it out. as for dan i dont think you need him as a friend sweety.
      Your tongueis a rudder, it steers the whole ship Sends your words past your lips and keeps them safe behind your teeth. But the wrong will strand you[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

what i think is that dan really needs friends like you.... his other "friends" have influenced him, brainwashed him.... he needs to get to his true self.... i'm sorry to say that but when/if he falls to the bottom, he will see his drinking mates disappear and then he'll see who his true friends are, and with whom he'll feel wanted.

Alright, here's what you do.
      Tell him he's a piece of shit for abandoning you and April.

If he's willing to abandon friends for other friends, he'll never be a true friend.
      True friends are loyal, not willing to abandon their other friends.

I've learned that the hard way, I've had plenty of friends who met other people who didn't like me and eventually stopped hangin out with me.
      And I got pissed off, and eventually said 'Fuck it'.
      The best friends you can get are loyal friends.
      All of the friends I have now are willing to kill or die for me, and I'm willing to do the same for them.
      Though, true friends are hard to find.
      I only consider 2 of the people I hang out with to be real friends.
      Everyone else I hang out with..They're just a way to keep myself from being bored.