Did I make the right choice?

• Did I make the right choice?

Alright, so hey guys.
      I just thought I'd ask you what you felt about my choice in this situation. What you would have done, and any advice would be cool as well.

Alright, so I was seeing this girl, it was all going well but she was very upset when I met her and with just cause she's had a horrible past of family bereavements, abuse, etc. But either way it was going extremely well until one day she turns around and says to me she doesn't want to fall for me since she doesn't want to get hurt, or hurt me. In all fairness I think that reason was a little lame since all it basically leaves her to do is shutdown to feelings or move on. So, I told her to make her decision and I’d be cool with it either way. She turns around and tells me to meet her the next day because she wants to ‘Prove how much she feels for me.’ So, I was like “Whaaatt?” so, basically she says to me she wants to have sex with me the following day. To loose her virginity to me. Instantly I hesitated, not that I didn’t want her, or feel for her but she had previously told me she was waiting for the perfect guy, someone she was in love with. It was very sudden and I told her as much as I felt for her I didn’t want her to make another mistake to add to the collection of horrible stories from her past. She got annoyed and basically responded with; “You don’t want to then? FINE.”

Seriously.. I was the first person EVER to give her thinking time. To make sure she was happy and not making a mistake? Was it the right choice?
    • Re: Did I make the right choice?

I think you did the right thing. You could have just had sex and she probably would have regretted it later, and started to avoid you or something of the like, which would have been worse than what she's doing now. Right now she's probably just annoyed because her ego was wounded, most girls don't like being told that the guy they're seeing doesn't want to have sex with them; it usually goes the other way, you know?
      [SIZE=4][CENTER][SIZE=3]Why do we play into this motive?
      What are you waiting for tonight?
      You wonder, you wait and you can't get through this without a line.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [/SIZE]