How to Get a Girl by Modulated

• Re: How to Get a Girl by Modulated

Mariami wrote:

Remember to be a gentleman.

Can't be said enough.

And er. Most reasonable girls don't go after guys just to get them in bed. So yeah, looking clean and being polite does wonders. If you're one of the ones that have pants down to your knees and a mouth full of dirt, fat chance. :rolleyes:
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Sadly it's very true that most girls do go after guys for looks alone, and though I do think this article is cute, I'm going to have to go against it. You can't force a relationship. When it happens, when you find someone who is important and unique, it just happens. It can't be forced with a 10 step guided program, it's completely natural and self-defining. I've usually been the type of girl to look for a guy based solely on looks, and investigate personality afterwards. I've kissed enough 'hot' or 'sexy' boys to know that while looks may make you feel more intimate with someone, it can't force chemistry. In something as passionate as a well done kiss I've felt absolutely nothing, because the boy himself is meaningless, simply a pretty tool. Currently I've met someone who I can spend hours talking about things I never talk about with anyone. He's amazing and simply sitting next to him gives my heart sparks, never mind holding hands or even hugging. He gives shivers down my spine when he puts his arm around me, just with the thought that HE is holding me. Not some pretty boy that I will be seen with, or that I can keep stare at like a pretty picture, but someone that I can connect with on a much deeper level. I can't begin to imagine how perfect the first kiss will be and how much I will feel from something that simple. So as I was saying, this article is cute and I suppose it is a good guide on how to get a girlfriend, but if you find a girlfriend using an article like this, that's all she will be. She won't be someone that sends you to the moon and back when she tells you something so intimate and precious you can't believe she's not someone you've known your whole life. She won't be someone that tickles the tip your heart when she accidentally brushes her hand against yours. She'll be just a tool that you will use for a short time, but soon get bored of, with no real connection. A girl like any other. Nothing special. But then again, this is just my opinion. Sorry for the rant!

there's some useful stuff and helpful common sense in there but...
      what the fuck? you write as if there's only one type of girl, with one race and all. what's with the extreme stereotyping? the girls your guide speaks of sound like your typical american high school bitch. no one wants those girls unless you're just like them. I understand that you're joking and all, but at least include a disclaimer for the majority of the world's population because this is stickied and all.

First of all, this has to be the most uninformed and uneducated assembly of "facts" to get with women I have ever seen.

Mariami wrote:

How to Get a Girl by Modulated

Getting a girl is tough. I know it, you know it, and we all know it. Most women are strange and frightening to men. Especially to guys like you and me, and by guys like you and me, by which I mean total dorks. Not sure if you are? Let’s start with a little survey, shall we? Have you watched, cumulatively, over five hours of anime in your entire life? Do you know what “harem-manga” means? Do you try to impress girls by speaking Japanese even though your white? Whenever a ball comes near you, do you flinch? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then yah, you’re a dork.

Why is it tough? It doesn't have to be. It's tough because we make it tough.

Mariama wrote:

One of the first things you must learn is that pretty much everything you know about women prior to entering high school is probably false. Movies lie frequently and often about women, so don’t believe anything they say. Also, sorry to tell you this, but most anime and manga is untrue as well. Except for “Love Hina.” Love Hina is awesome and no one may ever speak against it. Barring that, most real girls are not too into the overly romantic/dramatic guy that always seems to get the girl. Frankly, overly elaborate stuff tends to freak them out. (This includes writing poetry for them, five page letters, composing sonnets, etc.) Some may claim they wish they had a guy that’d do that sort of thing for them, but coming from a complete stranger, it comes off more as “Creepy Stalker” than “Romantic Genius”) However, don’t get discouraged, you’re learning!

Okay, you're right in the beginning... nothing you learn before high school will teach you about this. I used to be a phenom when it came to getting girls, but none of them would stick around. I probably had 8 girlfriends in middle school(just 8th grade), but it was just that... middle school. Everybody wanted to date me at one point, but we were all little kids. I lived a pretty sheltered life before then. I was homeschooled for the 7 years prior, was much more willing to play videogames than hang out with friends, and was as skinny. Really skinny. I still am. The one thing I had over everybody else, and still have? I was never afraid to speak my mind or say whatever the hell I felt like saying. I was happy go lucky. While all my friends were crying about how much their lives sucked, I was the one making out with that chick they always wanted to get with.

To put it short, I was an asshole, because I'd get these girls, woo them, and completely flip on them shoving the burden of my problems onto them. Not only is this wrong, it's unattractive. Creating attraction is NOT deception so much as knowing how to say what you say and how to present yourself.

The reason most "real" girls don't appear to be into that stuff is because when you do it, you probably come off like a bitch(no offense, just trying to get the point across). I've had multiple girlfriends in the past few years(got one now, too) who appreciate that sort of thing and appreciate it greatly. The key isn't to impress them or "hope they like it." The key is to give it because you want to give it and accept whatever ulterior feelings you recieve out of it as added benefit.

Basically, what it comes down to is this... in the subconcious part of the human mind, which is actually where we base most of our decisions, attraction is directly conducive to sex. It's possible to be attracted to someone, but not sexually attracted(because the levels of attraction must be at a pretty high level for a sexual encounter). The whole dating game and interaction with the female sex... is about sex! Even to them, too, no matter what they want to say to try and prove contrary.

Women aren't looking for a "nice guy" so much as they are looking for a suitable partner to pro-create with.

Mariama wrote:

After all, romance is all about deception; well, at least at first. The majority of social interaction is bluffing, in fact. The trick to it all is hiding all the nerdy, creepy, dorky stuff you do so girls will actually be willing to consider speaking to you.

Once again, it's not about deception. Women could care less if you play video games(which I do), love anime(which I do), or are a sports fanatic(which I am).

It's about qualities. Qualities that make you desirable over some other schmo. There are tons of guys out there that have the style or the wherewithall to dress nice or hide the fact that they do some nerdy stuff. The fact that you think you need to hide that stuff is your first failure. Women do have intuition and it is strong. They will be able to sense out the real you if and when they need to do so. And even if they don't, how long will you be able to hide it?

Let me teach you something...

Mariama wrote:

First things first, getting yourself presentable. Trust me on this, unless you look moderately decent, no girl will ever like you, and you will cry yourself to sleep every night until you die. Does that sound harsh? Good. Because it’s time to shape up, gentlemen. Remember personal hygiene. Acne is a pain, but it won’t go away on it’s own. Go out and get some Oxy pads or something, and wash your face EVERY day. Also, you might want to cut back on the junk food and candy. It tends to block up your pores and tips your scales towards the “pudgy” side. Also, frequent showers are your friend. We’re not in the middle ages and we certainly aren’t French, so if you want to get a girl, you’re going to have to bathe. Next up, take a good look at your wardrobe. Sweatpants are O.K. for P.E. but otherwise, they’re social suicide. Shorts are no good either. Chances are you have either really gangly or chubby legs, so nice, loose-fitting pants are helpful. Oh, and sagging really isn’t attractive either, so buy yourself a damn belt. Coordinate colors. It’s not that hard. Throw out the mascara and lipstick. Seriously, that’s not true gothic, it’s just effeminate. And despite what they may profess, most girls don’t like effeminate guys. The “tortured artist” thing can work to your advantage though, consider developing a British accent. Blue jeans are just becoming more and more passé, but if you can cram your ass into a pair of women’s pants, consider going for the “emo boy” look that seems to be all the rage these days. In regards hair; get it cut often, and comb it in the morning, simple as that. If you can manage it, spike it up with some gel; nothing says “I look cool” like some spiked up hair. It’s very OC.

You're semi-right... but this isn't all too important either.

I'll take a poll right now... women, if you could have a choice between a guy that dresses nice, hides his "nerdiness" from you, and has good hygeine would you take that over someone who is completely comfortable with himself and you, actually tries to understand you, and makes honest attempts at having good solid communication with you?

I'm willing to bet they take the latter, EVERY TIME.

Mariama wrote:

Conversational habits are important as well. Try to prevent voice-cracks by not getting too excited. Don’t bother practicing pick-up lines, most of them are idiotic, and often, it’s best to just think them up on the spot. Also, practice your speech pattern, don’t speak to slowly, but don’t speak too fast. Don’t worry, you’ll find a good, happy medium. Also, keep your eyes ABOVE THE CHEST when talking to a girl; that’s just common sense. As for conversation, don’t bother trying to impress her with your knowledge. You thought girls dumbed themselves down for us? Seriously, if a girl thinks she can outsmart you, she’ll be more easy-going with you. Don’t bring up science or literature unless she does first, and even then, let her do most of the talking. Girls like good listeners, which basically means guys that can shut their mouths and say “Uh-huh” and “that’s very interesting.” Stick to neutral topics like teachers, movies, or school events. DO NOT bring up stuff like video games or anime. Unless, of course, she does first, for this is the golden rule of conversation. But beware, girls are good at figuring out what guys are dorks, so be wary of verbal testing.

Voice cracks, etc, aren't really important. It's been proven that humans do near 90% of all communication through body language, rather than spoken word. You can talk all the talk all you want about how confident you are or how much fun you have, but if you walk around looking at the ground with your hands in your pockets, then what does that say about you?

Honestly, confidence in self is something that can take you very far in life. Not just with women, but if you want to know the number one deterrent from women to men, it's a lack of self confidence the men seem to hold.

When I got to high school, I was that way because I went to an all white school(I am black) and was constantly being bombarded with racist comments and remarks. I decided a couple years ago that that stuff doesn't mean shit at all. What people think of me doesn't matter. What I think of myself does... and more often than not, your image of yourself is a far more accurate image of you(unless you're an egotistical bastard).

Yeah, women like a guy that'll listen, but they also like someone that is heard. If you can't add your own input into a situation, they will feel like they're just talking. It's not a good feeling.

Mariama wrote:

As far as dating goes, this isn’t as big a deal as you would imagine. When asking a girl out, remain calm and casual. Writing notes and composing songs for a girl tends to freak them out, so if you’re interested, just ask, and try not to get yourself too worked up. Best place to take a girl on a date is to the movie theaters. Avoid really violent films, and focus more on middle-of-the-road type stuff. Remember to be a gentleman. Hold doors open; greet family with “sir” and “ma’am.” If you have a car, which, frankly, I doubt, pick her up in it, but make sure it’s clean. If not, either utilize public transportation or get your parents to drop you off a good block away from the theater. Don’t worry, they were like us once too, yah know. They’ll understand. And certainly, never accept a ride from her or her parents. You really don’t want to be in that sort of situation, trust me.

This is all conditional and depends HOW attracted to you a girl actually is. If she is head over heels for you, you can write her notes and compose little songs, just be a man about it. Same goes with doors and family members. If you can be a gentleman, but be aggressive enough to take what you want at the same time, by all means, go for it! Because you've truly mastered game then.

My girlfriend now would drive me everywhere(but I refuse to take advantage of that), partially because my license has been suspended for driving over a median(the other side of the road was way clear) to catch my friend and retrieve my cat, Lennox, which he stole from my house.

Nobody fucks with my kitty.

It's not that big of a deal unless you're getting strain from other areas like her family, in which case, you shouldn't put any unnecessary pressure on her.

Mariama wrote:

Don’t allow other guys to get too flirtatious with her on a date, this is an obvious sign of weakness and other guys will swoop in like vultures if you don’t make your bad-assedness clear. Always pick up the tab, no questions asked. Try to do it subtly, though. Try not to bitch too much about family matters, but always be willing to listen to her problems. Be able to recognize mood swings, and steer clear when a girl gets bitchy. Other dating opportunities will reveal themselves as you discover common interests. Try to pick events that will be fun for both of you, but keep the focus on her having a good time. If you don’t, often you will find that what you think is something the both of you will enjoy, can turn into something she hates.

Wrong again. The flirting isn't nearly as much of a problem as you "asserting" yourself and "being a badass" in a way that really paints you out to be an asshole baby of a man.

You NEVER assert yourself in that way(proving badassness). You let your rational actions do the talking, rather than your irrational reactions. If you feel she's flirting with someone 'too' much, grab her by the hand and isolate her for a minute or two. Pull her close to you(you likely won't get resistance). In fact, flirt with the guy who is flirting with her. Have fun! Jump in on the conversation, too!

When a girl gets bitchy and is clearly in the wrong... don't steer clear. That's you submitting to a female... as a man. Tell her off. Don't be rude, don't be snide, be clear in what she's doing wrong. Don't fight, don't argue. Just tell her what she's doing that you feel is wrong and leave it at that. And if her actions are a reaction to something you've done, don't argue. Instead, ask her why she feels a certain way about something you've done and what she'd rather you do.

You'd be surprised the pointless arguments and fights you could go down if you just gain an understanding of how you both win rather than how YOU win. Obviously, turning something into a full-blown argument is not going to help either of you, asking how or why she feels a certain way about something you do, say, or think, however, will allow you to see the root of the problem and get her to work with you on correcting it.

What girl doesn't want her man to do better?

Mariama wrote:

Well, by now, you should be well on your way to becoming quite the romantic young man. Congratulations and good luck in all your forays. Now tuck in that gut, put your best foot forward, and go score yourself some action!

Throughout that one thing you never touched on the things which all people are attracted to in one way or another... confidence and self-respect.

If you cannot respect yourself, how do you expect other people to respect you? If you're not confident, then how can you expect people to be comfortable and confident enough to give you a fairly large portion of their time and life?

The study of physiology has proven that the more "insert emotion/feeling," your body acts at, the more "insert emotion/feeling your mind will feel.

Here are some tips to make you feel confident:

Walk around with your eyes above the horizon line. This will keep your head held high.

Improve your diet.

Keep your chest out(in short, you back should be straight) and your shoulders relaxed.

Speak your mind.

Instead of thinking you cannot do something, think of the benefits that can be attained if you were able to do it... then attempt to do it(you'll be really surprised by this one).

Live life and accept whatever twists and turns as challenges, rather than roadblocks. Nothing is too hard to overcome, as shown by Cancer survivors, Magic Johnson, etc.

Stand with a good center of gravity and balance(feet a little more than shoulders with apart).
      ---

If you look at any celebrity or notable figure, they do all of these things. Why? Because they're leadership traits. Sitting up straight(posture), speaking your mind, and accepting responsiblity for your actions are leadership traits. Women need leaders. They know they don't have to settle for anything less.

TL;DR

Want to improve your game?

[ame='http://www.amazon.com/Rules-Game-Neil-Strauss/dp/0061540455']Amazon.com: Rules of the Game: Neil Strauss: Books[/ame]

Link related.

It works, amazingly.

And it's seventeen fuckin dollars. Every guy should own this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gardenhead ().

I would cat, if I still had the link, but I thought the title with not my name as an author should have done it
      [RIGHT]Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song..You go ahead, let your hair down
      Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, just go ahead, let your hair down.

[/RIGHT]

Hm...I'll search now just out of curiousity. Oh and I completely forgot that site existed =D

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Found!

How to Get a Girl, an Essay fanfic - FictionPress.com
      [RIGHT]Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song..You go ahead, let your hair down
      Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, just go ahead, let your hair down.

[/RIGHT]