What happens after we die???

• Re: What happens after we die???

Why is this even debated?

It's obvious.

If you're a joe schmoe, nothing happens. If you are a celebrity, people debate whether or not it was suicide or murder for years to come.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

Hell yeah I'm proud.
      I'd rather be a human than be a fish in a humans fish tank.
      I'd rather be a human than a dog that lives with a human.
      I know how to multiply and divide.
      I know the alphabet.
      I know what the alphabet is.

Yeah humans fuck up alot of shit.
      But if dogs could think and talk like us.
      and were as smart as us.
      They would be building bombs to.
      They would have wars.
      They would have crime.
      They would be an environmental hazard just like us.

So yeah I'm proud to be a human.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Neal wrote:

Simple, you said *if*. Where do you get the idea that the Arahamic God is physically everywhere at once?

I don't believe he's in all time period at once - I believed his age is not younger than that of the universe.
      In other words, you're taking away characteristics of the God we're debating just to fit your argument?

The Abrahamic God is presumably omnipresent. If you're going to debate a specific God, taking away his abilities to win over me isn't something I'm fond of.

KrashKenney wrote:

Yeah, we do, the vast majority of the earth is still religious. Luckily for us, it seems that religious beliefs drop off as a civilization becomes more advanced. We'll redirect our efforts to advance the standard of living for all man kind. If we can figure that two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer and there are about 2 billion Christians on the planet, all it's going to take is 4 million Atheists and Agnostics working to advance our cause and we'll surely get more done than just the Christians! Seeing as how we have about 14 million Atheists and Agnostics, we can do three and a half times as much!

Doesn't it feel good when an Atheist uses the same reasoning as a Christian? Taking random and arbitrary quotes and a few statistics and making a point about nothing? it sucks, and it's stupid, right? Look in a mirror.
      I'll rephrase, just for you. Your logic has a long way to go.

Look in the mirror? For somebody who claims Christians use faulty logic, you sure throw around a lot of smoke yourself.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

In other words, you're taking away characteristics of the God we're debating just to fit your argument?

The Abrahamic God is presumably omnipresent.

Presumably to you. Have you got any Bible verses that mention "omni-presence?" Or is the burden of proof on me?

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

If you're going to debate a specific God, taking away his abilities to win over me isn't something I'm fond of. I'll rephrase, just for you. Your logic has a long way to go.

Look in the mirror? For somebody who claims Christians use faulty logic, you sure throw around a lot of smoke yourself.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

In fact, if you go to alt.atheism, their '3rd characteristic' of God (when I only knew of 2) is 'all loving' - a 3rd counter-part to what Christians believe as God's 3rd characteristic. There is no '4th' or '5th' characteristic of omni-all places or omni-all time. Is there any Christian that physically believes God is everywhere? The Bible has said it quite clearly - God dwells in Heaven.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

xXBURNXx wrote:

Hell yeah I'm proud.
      I'd rather be a human than be a fish in a humans fish tank.
      I'd rather be a human than a dog that lives with a human.
      I know how to multiply and divide.
      I know the alphabet.
      I know what the alphabet is.

Yeah humans fuck up alot of shit.
      But if dogs could think and talk like us.
      and were as smart as us.
      They would be building bombs to.
      They would have wars.
      They would have crime.
      They would be an environmental hazard just like us.

So yeah I'm proud to be a human.

You just basically contradicted yourself. You're saying you're proud to be apart of a race that wages war non-stop, destroys the planet, creates nuclear weapons and has no respect for other living creatures....
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VenomX wrote:

Nothing happens after you die. You obviously decompose into the ground, unless you're being cremated. Otherwise, life ceases to exist. It ends right there. No afterlife or rebirth.

Life sucks. It's how it was meant to be.

So True.

xXBURNXx wrote:

being an animal would suck balls

Only if u were a dog,
      [CENTER]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

aannddyy wrote:

you just basically contradicted yourself. You're saying you're proud to be apart of a race that wages war non-stop, destroys the planet, creates nuclear weapons and has no respect for other living creatures....
      =o!
      THAT'S ME!! ^_______________^
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

VenomX wrote:

Nothing happens after you die. You obviously decompose into the ground, unless you're being cremated. Otherwise, life ceases to exist. It ends right there. No afterlife or rebirth.

Life sucks. It's how it was meant to be.

Agreed, but life rocks... :) Live and let die! Make it reach full potential and don't hold yourself back.

nobody. wrote:

you become a zombie
      But even zombies do walk around, less you can get out of your own crave.....Not to get christianic , as i dont like religion, as i dont know which one really is right, as they all claim to be right....But when Lazarus was raised by jesus he didnt account as being gone to a place (mainly heaven) after being resurrected , so i dont think his 'sould' went anywhere...I dont knw, bible says, when the body dies the sould do perish...Works for me

so youre saying jesus had a zombie step-son...?

thats. awesome. xD

and when you die your sould dies...?

whats the point of having a sould then?
      [SIZE=2]'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'[/SIZE]

yep thats the new way to spell it :cool:
      [SIZE=2]'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'[/SIZE]
    • lertting me realise my mistake , almost cost my an arm and a leg, when i almost fell out of my chair , and i mis-spelt it twice..you guys love digging up trash huh?

nobody. wrote:

so youre saying jesus had a zombie step-son...?

thats. awesome. xD

my conclusion or human intelect , tells me that a soul is somthing that lives in a person ( the life in you/in your body) when the body dies , it dies..Sounds good enough for me

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jasmine: merged double post ().

shaggy wrote:

lertting me realise my mistake , almost cost my an arm and a leg, when i almost fell out of my chair , and i mis-spelt it twice..you guys love digging up trash huh?

its fun digging trash X]
      haha only joking dude. dont lose the limbs.
      i dont know what happens and no one really does....
      im planning of asking god 'if he exists' if he even exists after i die :]

technically youre really asking whats the point of having a body

+++++++++++++++++++++++
      Yeah i bet it is fun......just teasing u.....Well good luck seeking to ask him....
      I told my mom i was gonna ask him why not just distroy the devil and every wicked things , and just make the earth a paradise , and posibly creat over evrything...My mom accuse me "Who give you the right to question the creat (supreme being) Who know you might get the same answer from him...hahahah
      +++++++++++++++++++++++

The post was edited 1 time, last by shaggy ().