A lot of insecurity

• A lot of insecurity

Hi im a 15 year old teen and i really need help with my insecurity
      its hard to write this and what i want to say that i cry myself to sleep every second night because im such a failure im short im fat and i can never speak to people and have no respect for myself making people not respecting me the only good thing about me is that my face isnt ugly i need help to fight this insecurity its ruining my life and when i say to myself im ok im not ... i still cant talk to people i choke and once almost puke when i do something like public speaking and i hit myself sometimes because i hate myself and im crying right now.people that i know since i was a kid im cool around them and when im with them im funny interesting and they always want to hang out with me but i can never joke or even talk to other people
    • Re: A lot of insecurity

something that might help when talking to a new person might be focusing on what ways you're better than that person, eg if you're face is prettier than theirs just think about that when you talk to them. And don't push yourself, you know, you could start with talking to one new person everyday. Also, I find it helps to have someone I feel comfortable with in new situations, calms me a down a little bit, kind of like a comfort person. But the weakness with that approach is that they can't always be around.

presentations in class are hard, but practice like 4i374tiimes before you go up, the better you know it, the more confident you'll feel, and then just try to shut out the world, focus on a spot in the back of the room. prtend that you're talking to that silly black mark.

don't know, most of these things are easier said than done, but if it's far too much to deal with, talk to someone. doesn't have to be a therapist, like the school nurse, or a teacher you like, someone you respect because then you'll respect their opinions.

I know this is irrelevant, but Maya90 please find a new font color.

R93, gaining security when you have none can take a lot of time, you need to think baby steps. Although you can't change your height, you can change your weight. Try working on that first. An athletic hobby is usually a good way to do this. You'll end up meeting a lot of new ppl regardless of the sport. You don't even need to talk, just being around others (even going outside) will make you adapt and become comfortable with the environment.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Talent is built,
      not inherited....
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

What you really need is someone to talk to, someone that will help you through your problems, someone that will support you.

First of all, try not to point out the negative. Yes, its hard not to, but many people put the negative first all the time and it doesnt help the problem. Im sure you're not any of those things, you're probably just thinking you are, and i've had this problem myself so i understand how you feel. I met someone to see each week, she really built my confidence up, its completely different now to what it was like two years ago.

Once you get over all that you will begin to have more confidence and feel more secure, im sure.

Come talk to me if you need support, at all.:)